Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

I am 99% certain, I won't park next to people again.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-06, 09:08 PM
LexFather

Thumbs down I am 99% certain, I won't park next to people again.

So owning a black car makes you notice damn near everything and I am getting back used to it.
In only 3 month of ownership, I notice my drivers side front fender has 2 slight dings it did not have before. Upon closer inspection, I see 3 more dings I KNOW was not on the car when I bought it.

Then on the trunk, some SONOFA***** must have put some wood or something from Home Depot on my trunk as it left a damn carving reminicent of MOUNT RUSHMORE and it will need touching up (I don't have the spoiler).

I am just disgusted at people since I do my best not to touch other cars or any other person's personal property.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE.

Old 09-17-06, 09:13 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Black cars certainly have their perks, but being the center of attention 24/7 is not one of them, especially in a crowded parking lot. See Case 1:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...IMG_0589-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...g/IMG_0591.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...g/IMG_0593.jpg

Old 09-17-06, 09:51 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hear ya mike. I park far away, it's worth the walk.

one time I was getting my haircut at the barber. I parked up front and figured I could see my car from the chair. while I'm getting my haircut, two old farts pull up next to my car. the one flings her door open and goes to other side to help bring a walker to the other geezer. so she's helping him get out and to his walker right next to my car . I couldn't see all the goings on as it was the side not facing me. when I got home, I noticed a new ding on my door. it was tiny and every one I b1tched about it to said I was crazy, but it still ticked me off.
Old 09-17-06, 10:02 PM
LexFather

The funny thing is I did this with the SC and then the GS 400 (didn't give a crap about the RX). So when I get the 430 I figure I really am going to give people the benefit of the doubt and park regular. I park in the middle, I don't straddle lines. I don't hit other peoples cars with my doors. I surely don't hit anyone.

The hell is wrong with people? But if I saw someone do it, confront them and knock them the fock out, I go to jail...

Sigh......

Where is the Kia dealer?

Old 09-17-06, 10:04 PM
Julez
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You might have that luxury in GA but here in CA where there doesn't seem to be a spare inch of land anywhere, it is almost impossible to find a spot at any shopping center, grocery store, sports event, etc. let alone several empty ones in the back, so I just accept it and try and park next to cars that look clean. They don't have to be expensive, but you can usually tell if the person you park next to cleans and takes car of their car often(Look at the brake dust on the wheels!)
Old 09-17-06, 10:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

mike, what makes you think i always spend a lot of time at parking lots scouting for the "right" parking spots!!!
Old 09-18-06, 03:37 AM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another reason why i love our capmus parking is the big *** truck parking spots they have
Old 09-18-06, 04:39 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Opened doors from parked cars are not the only source of dings and dents. Nuts and acorns falling off of trees can also cause them....even on the sides of door panels above the locks that slant up. So can kids with bikes...their tires sometines cause dents when they impact the sides. So can people walking next to the car with stuff in their hands that bangs against it.

If you get a dent with paint discoloration, at least SCRATCH-OUT will usually remove the discoloration, unless it is really deep or through the whole paint.
http://www.kitwax.com/html/kitProducts.htm

Last edited by mmarshall; 09-18-06 at 04:42 AM.
Old 09-18-06, 05:08 AM
Shawnmack
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm like Chuck I always park my car away from everybody and if I'm know I'm going to Wal-mart I drive the Acura.
Old 09-18-06, 09:39 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 472 Likes on 362 Posts

I feel for ya. It makes you wonder what brain power people have to be so carless.

My motto is "when in doubt park further out." Last month while visiting the Bay area I picked the hotel based on the parking lot.
Old 09-18-06, 09:40 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
mike, what makes you think i always spend a lot of time at parking lots scouting for the "right" parking spots!!!
I do too, I would park further away & try to pick one with no parking space on one side & position the car as far away from the space on the other side as far as I can . . .
Old 09-18-06, 09:44 AM
antboy
Driver School Candidate

Dam dude! That aint no lil nic in the paint either thats a full on groove. And u KNOW they noticed that they did it. That kinda mark had a noise to it.
Old 09-18-06, 12:37 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Opened doors from parked cars are not the only source of dings and dents. Nuts and acorns falling off of trees can also cause them....even on the sides of door panels above the locks that slant up. So can kids with bikes...their tires sometines cause dents when they impact the sides. So can people walking next to the car with stuff in their hands that bangs against it.
Good point... but we don't have trees here in California! Okay, we have a few, but they say if you shut California's water off it'll turn back into desert within six months

I try to park way out by myself, but not in an area that is downhill from potential runaway shopping carts or exposed to kids playing on bikes or skateboards. And I try to park so the car is protected on one side- I usually try to 'justify' the car all the way over to the curb side in an 'end' spot.

Unfortunately, on a few occasions I've returned to my car to see that the car that parked next to me "center justified" between me and the car one spot away, leaving the 'idiot parker' (usually an SUV) on the painted line or half way into my spot. Even if they don't damage my car, I provide a free passenger side mirror fold-back.... most of them probably don't even notice that their mirror is folded until they are on the freeway (SUV drivers don't use mirrors or turn signals, apparently).
Old 09-18-06, 12:58 PM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I noticed a small little dent on the front right quarter panel(?) on my ML320 a couple of days ago.
Old 09-18-06, 08:10 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chuckb
I hear ya mike. I park far away, it's worth the walk.

one time I was getting my haircut at the barber. I parked up front and figured I could see my car from the chair. while I'm getting my haircut, two old farts pull up next to my car. the one flings her door open and goes to other side to help bring a walker to the other geezer. so she's helping him get out and to his walker right next to my car . I couldn't see all the goings on as it was the side not facing me. when I got home, I noticed a new ding on my door. it was tiny and every one I b1tched about it to said I was crazy, but it still ticked me off.
That AARP story is the funniest. LMAO I can't help but think I would have F%&#$@ up my hair jumping up from the chair as my barber was giving me a line up. But yeah sick people suck. They don't value their own stuff so why would they care about yours. Sorry to hear.

Quick Reply: I am 99% certain, I won't park next to people again.