Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Punk Honda Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-06, 02:37 PM
Ichigo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Punk Honda Drivers

Im rushing back from lunch to get back to my office and on my way I pass up a Silver Honda Accord with the typical gaudy mods. Altezza lights, stickers, etc etc. While passing the Honda, I get in front of him and the punk kid thinks im trying to race.

Being that an IS350 is much faster than your standard accord, I easily passed him up and got into his lane (my intent not being to initiate some sort of race). Next thing I know, I hear the farting sound of a coffee can exhaust and hes trying to speed up and force me out of the lane. FINE... i let him in the lane and back off. Next thing I know, he is rolling down his windows to throw coins at my car. He ended up chipping the paint near my gas cap, but considering how many coins he threw, the damage is easily fixable with some touch up paint.

But Im sick of these ricer boys who think they are all that and think every freaking car is trying to race them (why would I even bother with a accord ???) and then for him to throw coins at me is just plain stupid and childish. Thankfully it was one tiny paint chip, but still... f'ing punk kids .

Thats it for my vent...
Old 09-19-06, 02:45 PM
ihkskim
Lexus Test Driver

you should have taken down his plates and sue him for the damanges

Last edited by ihkskim; 09-19-06 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-19-06, 02:46 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Take down the license plate and report it.
Given the recent rash of Driver's Rage and Freeway Shootings in the Southland, CHP will not take kindly to this BS on the streets & highways . . .
Old 09-19-06, 02:53 PM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ichigo
Im rushing back from lunch to get back to my office and on my way I pass up a Silver Honda Accord with the typical gaudy mods. Altezza lights, stickers, etc etc. While passing the Honda, I get in front of him and the punk kid thinks im trying to race.

Being that an IS350 is much faster than your standard accord, I easily passed him up and got into his lane (my intent not being to initiate some sort of race). Next thing I know, I hear the farting sound of a coffee can exhaust and hes trying to speed up and force me out of the lane. FINE... i let him in the lane and back off. Next thing I know, he is rolling down his windows to throw coins at my car. He ended up chipping the paint near my gas cap, but considering how many coins he threw, the damage is easily fixable with some touch up paint.

But Im sick of these ricer boys who think they are all that and think every freaking car is trying to race them (why would I even bother with a accord ???) and then for him to throw coins at me is just plain stupid and childish. Thankfully it was one tiny paint chip, but still... f'ing punk kids .

Thats it for my vent...
Sorry to hear about your incident but I get this all the time w/Mustang Cobra and Porsche 993/996 in my other car while crusing the street...
Old 09-19-06, 02:55 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They're ALWAYS Honda ricers...

May they get tickets and increased insurance premiums repeatedly for their stupidity!!!
Old 09-19-06, 03:01 PM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry to hear that happened. What a stupid childish thing for that fool to do. I've had simular incidents where these *** holes swear they own the road. Next time get his plates and report the dumb a**.
Old 09-19-06, 03:41 PM
eddo1
Driver

Sorry to hear about that, I would be extremely pissed if someone threw coins at my car. Should really take down his license plate and report him right there to the cops...or keep a gun in the glove box. J/k People seem to have this "My thang is BIGGER than your thang mindset" and need to prove it anyway they can. So maybe that ricer has a little "thang"...

Last edited by eddo1; 09-19-06 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-19-06, 03:45 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 163 Likes on 139 Posts

I have had a few things thrown at my RX for no reason other than I am an American (we can hear the words), my heavyset and muscular Mexican just spit on these people's cars at the next light (oh yeah my RX300 can catch up to their fart can exhaust powered POS).
Old 09-19-06, 04:29 PM
Ichigo
Pole Position

no time to take down the plates, trying to focus on the road. And I think it would be hard to file a report with CHP especially because there was very little(thankfully) damage.

Im actually sad to hear so many other people have had this type of experience as well.
Old 09-19-06, 04:53 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

I dunno what it is with some youth today. I'd have treid to get his plates and reported him. Sad they chipped the paint.

Coming home a few nights ago, a faked SS Camaro not lowered with 20's pulls alongside and revs on me, single side stock exhaust pipe too. I'm thinking WTF, this is a Lexus you brain dead dolt...he speeds up, slows down, get's in front of me and does similar to provoke me. Traffic slows and so I begin to pull along side so he floors it.

He then pulls up to a de-badged WRX in front of me. The WRX took the bait and smoked the Camaro 10X over.

What a laugh.
Old 09-19-06, 08:13 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

what i used to do is follow them to wherever their going and scare the **** out of them....hahaha
Old 09-19-06, 08:52 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

a friend of mine used to have a single rotating blue light on his dash that he would turn on if some ricer messed with him to scare him off.

yea its illegal but hot damn was it funny.
Old 09-19-06, 09:50 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

You can always have a CB radio in your car, just go, WOO WOO.....that should scare him
Old 09-19-06, 10:51 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,423 Posts

Be happy you're not driving a TT Supra. EVERYBODY wants to race that car. It's really annoying.
Old 09-20-06, 07:31 AM
GStateOM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've noticed a lot of rice Hondas doing this, but Mustangs and Camaro's more than anyone. Why is it that they drive about 35 on a 45 zone, then if someone passes them in the other lane, proceed to go 60-70? Even when I'm driving my wife's 99 Solara V6, these punks do it. There's a reason why insurance for these cars is so damn high for the younger drivers. What's wrong with these punk *** kids in their 'stangs and Camaro's?

It's not just kids. I also get this from 528i and 530i's as well. But only when I'm in the GS. For those who drive around like punks in luxury cars, I guess life must really be insecure when you can't afford the top model, so you buy the cheapest model made and make yourself feel better by "racing" other people around you.

Quick Reply: Punk Honda Drivers