Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Ford GT production ended

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-06, 02:30 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Indio
That's because it was never intended to be modern looking, it was built as an updated tribute to the original GT40 that won Lemans in the 60's.
I agree to the max. It was not intended to compete with Ferrari's or other exotics....except in speed. It is the modern incarnation of the GT40...a race car, a muscle car, an american brute. It may not match the exotics in sexiness but it looks cool to me. If I had one I would paint it black, no racing stripe, with 20 inch chromies.
Old 09-22-06, 02:41 PM
DriftNsc3
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GOODBYE FORD GT.....about time they got rid of the damn thing, LOL! It is a great car and I feel honored to have seen alot of them here in the suburbs of New Orleans. I find it funny that people in Ca haven't seen them on the street there but I have seen alot here. Its a great car and I thought it looked good. I would own one but not for the price. Why buy that when I could get a ZO6 for $75k and drop 20K in it and be even with the Ford GT OR how about I send it off to Lingafelter and Twin turbo it and run circles around the Ford GT for about the same price. Great car but over priced unless you are a Ford die hard IMO!
Old 09-22-06, 03:22 PM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DriftNsc3
GOODBYE FORD GT.....about time they got rid of the damn thing, LOL! It is a great car and I feel honored to have seen alot of them here in the suburbs of New Orleans. I find it funny that people in Ca haven't seen them on the street there but I have seen alot here. Its a great car and I thought it looked good. I would own one but not for the price. Why buy that when I could get a ZO6 for $75k and drop 20K in it and be even with the Ford GT OR how about I send it off to Lingafelter and Twin turbo it and run circles around the Ford GT for about the same price. Great car but over priced unless you are a Ford die hard IMO!
Sending a C6 Z06 off to Lingenfelter for their TT setup is going to set you back A LOT more than $20K.
http://www.lingenfelter.com/Lingenfe...boCorvette.htm
I still prefer the Z06 though. Ford GT is a unique looking car but just doesn't do it for me.

Last edited by GS wanted; 09-22-06 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-22-06, 07:46 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What a coincidence. After posting on this thread, I go out for a drive on the interstate and guess what swoops by me. Yep a GT. I'm in a rental Dodge Charger but I tried to keep up to get a good look. The car appears so low from the rear. The roofline seems lower than any other sports car out there. After a while the guy decides to step on it and he's gone. Boy do I miss my G.
Old 09-23-06, 03:02 AM
DriftNsc3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GS wanted
Sending a C6 Z06 off to Lingenfelter for their TT setup is going to set you back A LOT more than $20K.
http://www.lingenfelter.com/Lingenfe...boCorvette.htm
I still prefer the Z06 though. Ford GT is a unique looking car but just doesn't do it for me.
True, and I ment spend another $75k at lingenfilter for a total of $150k vette and run circles around the Ford GT
Old 09-23-06, 07:17 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,371 Likes on 1,556 Posts

Went to my Ford dealer yesterday to get the 5K on my Explorer. Wandered in the showroom and what do I see, a dark silver (no stripe) GT. Looked incredible. Got a chuckle out of the yellow sign hanging from the rear view mirror though... it said (get this) "Family Pricing!" LOL

I think it was $169K or something??

A bargain compared to the $460K I saw the Carrera GT going for.
Old 09-23-06, 09:35 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

There's about ten of them around here. i think they are ugly in person.
Old 09-23-06, 09:36 AM
LexFather

It is a fantastic car! Farewell!

Old 09-23-06, 09:37 AM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know there's at least one here in BC - grey one with white stripes. In GT4, they are hella fast so I can't imagine what it feels like in real life.
Old 09-23-06, 12:54 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
too bad, i haven't seen this on the street yte. saw porsche gt and others, have yet to hear this in person
thats because most of these often have to go back to ford dealerships for repairs

according to Jeremy Clarkson, these Ford GTs are very very quirky and super unreliable

also there should be a few of these around, if u havent seen them on the road, there should be 1 in almost every ford dealerships on display
Old 09-23-06, 12:56 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's because he got that stupid tracking system installed. I don't think it's Ford's problem.
Old 09-23-06, 01:21 PM
jaydunn
Pole Position

Originally Posted by reggiek
What a coincidence. After posting on this thread, I go out for a drive on the interstate and guess what swoops by me. Yep a GT. I'm in a rental Dodge Charger but I tried to keep up to get a good look. The car appears so low from the rear. The roofline seems lower than any other sports car out there. After a while the guy decides to step on it and he's gone. Boy do I miss my G.
Yep, it's low. The original GT40 was called that because the roof line was 40 inches high.
Old 09-26-06, 12:17 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by UberNoob
thats because most of these often have to go back to ford dealerships for repairs

according to Jeremy Clarkson, these Ford GTs are very very quirky and super unreliable

also there should be a few of these around, if u havent seen them on the road, there should be 1 in almost every ford dealerships on display
lol, so after all this is a car mostly for display purpose only? j/k
Old 09-26-06, 01:09 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
lol, so after all this is a car mostly for display purpose only? j/k
u know i think there just might be more on display than actually sold and being driven
lol
well anyways, these cars drinks gas like theres no tomorrow
so if u want to see a Ford GT, i think either the dealerships or the gas stations are good places to start
lol