Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Jaguar remakes sedan styling in latest bid for success

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-06 | 02:07 PM
ic144
Driver

Originally Posted by GS Kid 300

From the side.. the Jag's doors, windows, and some lines look like it has a little bit of L-Finese
Yup. I agree. Overall, this Jag is looking pretty good so far. Let's hope that this car turns out as good as it looks when it comes out.
Old 09-27-06 | 02:24 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Be honest, though, guys. Look at the two pictures above. Don't you think it copies the GS too much?
Jags are supposed to be JAGS. It's true that image in the auto industry has been overrated, but that's what always has given Jaguars their visual and interior personality. People usually don't buy Jags to run around looking like everybody else....if that's what they want to do they buy Camrys and Accords.

( Also, though, to be honest, the idiotic J-Gate shifter will probably NOT be missed....it was the second-biggest bane of most Jaguar owners, next to the car's unreliability )
Old 09-27-06 | 07:39 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by jwong77
Interesting, do you think they would be more successful by moving upmarket? Say drop the X-type and make something above the XJ in the 100000 price range?
Yes. Jaguar for still has enough panache to ask for premium pricing. Get the hell out he X-type and even cheap S-type market and make Jags EXPENSIVE cats, but worth the money. THe BRAND has lots of image and they need to use it NOW before we all stop giving a crap about Jags....
Old 09-27-06 | 08:14 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Lookin' good to me. Yes to hell with the X-type. Never had love for it. I hope Jag-u-are pulls it off. Black cats always look good in the street.