Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Wsup CL, went from an SC to........

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-06, 10:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by TopSCecreT
it's manual....i'm glad almost everything is covered.....and ya i've read about dealer stories and how heartless they can be.....well, i won't be modding it anytime soon cuz i still need to learn about the car.

haha, thanks! i know, it's a nice upgrade from a relatively underpowered car to a fast car

thanks!, AW was my favorite BMW color, looks subtle but striking on an m3

thanks!, this time i have some speed to show for compared to my SC
oh and btw you are holding one of my fav color combo too my first choice was white on black, and then white on red
Old 09-28-06, 11:31 PM
TopSCecreT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

thanks everyone for all the comments...

this car is a blast to drive, esp 6spd, heads turn everywhere.....haha

but i'll be coming back to the lexus family as i have plans for buying the 2nd gen IS next year
Old 09-29-06, 12:35 AM
mavericck
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks everyone for all the comments...

this car is a blast to drive, esp 6spd, heads turn everywhere.....haha

but i'll be coming back to the lexus family as i have plans for buying the 2nd gen IS next year
So, I have to ask. With the arrival of the V8 M3 coming soon, do you regret not waiting a little bit longer for the new model?
Old 09-29-06, 02:22 AM
DriftNsc3
Lexus Champion

IMO a M3 is a I6, not a V8. I don't like the fact that they changed it.
Old 09-29-06, 06:49 AM
TopSCecreT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mavericck
So, I have to ask. With the arrival of the V8 M3 coming soon, do you regret not waiting a little bit longer for the new model?
nope, that's why i picked up an 06, i may get slammed for saying this, but all the spy shots i'm seeing of the new m3 does not impress me, i just can't get over the new body styling, the new 3 series, the new 3 series coupe, and the soon to be v8 m3 does NOT get me excited style-wise....that's why i'll be sticking with the e46 for a long time

who knows, maybe they'll do a complete turnaround with how they style the m3, but for now, i'm more than ecstatic with the e46
Old 09-29-06, 04:29 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

nope, that's why i picked up an 06, i may get slammed for saying this, but all the spy shots i'm seeing of the new m3 does not impress me, i just can't get over the new body styling, the new 3 series, the new 3 series coupe, and the soon to be v8 m3 does NOT get me excited style-wise....that's why i'll be sticking with the e46 for a long time

who knows, maybe they'll do a complete turnaround with how they style the m3, but for now, i'm more than ecstatic with the e46
The E46 IMO is much better looking than the E92. My friend bought his M3 as well because the fact that it is going to change next year. Although, he bought his back in December ('05) anticipating it may be hard to find a good color combination with desired options later in '06, especially with the newer models coming.
Old 09-29-06, 09:09 PM
DrDrilZ
Lead Lap

best bmw eva!
Old 09-30-06, 05:30 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Wasn't that SCa featured car.. looks very nice but hey its a M3...Congrats man.
Old 12-13-06, 01:48 AM
flyfl1pguy

any more pics of the m3?
Old 12-13-06, 03:38 AM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the M3, hopefully when you start to mod it you will keep it clean like your SC
Old 12-13-06, 07:24 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Nice M.. i remember your car a few years ago. i think is was a featured car right? Anyway nice choice. I 'm a fan of the M3 also..

PS: More pics...
Old 12-13-06, 07:35 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Aww man traitor! LOL. I forgive you though...you got Alpine White.
Old 12-13-06, 09:57 AM
GS3Tek
Forum Moderator

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Yes, best m3 everrrr

Neighbor has the new 3 coupe and although the front is nice, I don't know what happened to the rear

I like Sterling in NB (socal). 2 family member bought bmws there. They're not prickly, both sales and service .
Old 12-13-06, 11:08 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A lot of the reviews I've read say the 335i performs nearly as well both in handling and acceleration, plus rides nicer than the M3... then there's the factor that the M3 costs quite a bit more.

I'm sure the all new M3 will be the 'answer' to that quandry but if you don't mind me asking, did you consider the 335i? If so, what made you decide to go with the M3? Did you drive both and prefer the way the M3 performed and drove? Or just preferred the looks and cool factor of having the M3 instead of a regular 335i?

Or maybe the dealer cut you a great deal on the M3 since lots of other potential M buyers were getting the 335 instead?
Old 12-13-06, 12:45 PM
TopSCecreT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by flyfl1pguy
any more pics of the m3?
i have more, i'm still waiting for more parts to come in.....i'll post as soon as all of them are installed

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
Congrats on the M3, hopefully when you start to mod it you will keep it clean like your SC
you know me

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Nice M.. i remember your car a few years ago. i think is was a featured car right? Anyway nice choice. I 'm a fan of the M3 also..

PS: More pics...
Ya, my old SC was a feature to my surprise, haha.......more pics on the way

Originally Posted by flipside909
Aww man traitor! LOL. I forgive you though...you got Alpine White.
my favorite color on a bmw

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Yes, best m3 everrrr

Neighbor has the new 3 coupe and although the front is nice, I don't know what happened to the rear

I like Sterling in NB (socal). 2 family member bought bmws there. They're not prickly, both sales and service .
the e90/e92 styling doesn't impress me, performance-wise is good, but overall not appealing to me

Originally Posted by Threxx
A lot of the reviews I've read say the 335i performs nearly as well both in handling and acceleration, plus rides nicer than the M3... then there's the factor that the M3 costs quite a bit more.

I'm sure the all new M3 will be the 'answer' to that quandry but if you don't mind me asking, did you consider the 335i? If so, what made you decide to go with the M3? Did you drive both and prefer the way the M3 performed and drove? Or just preferred the looks and cool factor of having the M3 instead of a regular 335i?

Or maybe the dealer cut you a great deal on the M3 since lots of other potential M buyers were getting the 335 instead?
that's true, but reading from e46fanatics and m3forum boards, they say the 335 has high hype and when it came to the test drive, they were disappointed

the twin turbos are appealing, but the styling just killed it for me, and the 335 is just that....a 335, not an M.......i love the e46 bodystyling....i did consider the 335 solely on performance, but overall, i can't live with how the car looks

and the dealer gave me a good deal, and can't go wrong with the cool factor

Quick Reply: Wsup CL, went from an SC to........