Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Car study: Japan has $2,400 edge per sale over American . . .

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-06, 02:40 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
interesting to see that nissan are making more money on cars on avg over toyota. good for them
I think that's due to Nissan's crazy usage of sharing parts. The VQ35 finds home in just about every car/SUV that Nissan/Infiniti has. That's not a bad thing at all, the VQ35 is a great engine.
Old 10-03-06, 02:41 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The American economy is the worse enemy of US automakers.

Healthcare is a HUGE problem. If America put into healthcare what they put into the military and wars (billion$), we'd be sittin' pretty right now. The automakers would actually be able to compete.

Americans make to much money (because we have to in this economy).
This is the other major problem for these US car companies. This is, or course, the reason so many US companies have sold out and out sourced to China, Mexico, ect. They can't profit enough to compete with what American workers demand.

Here's a solution:

GM and Ford should just design and engineer (like other US industries) and then send those designs off to CHINA to be manufactured. Hahaha
They would go right back to profitibility.

(Of course, I don't want this to happen).
Old 10-03-06, 06:16 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JLSC4
If America put into healthcare what they put into the military and wars (billion$), we'd be sittin' pretty right now.
Two problems with this hypothesis. First, have you checked what America DOES put into health care? You might be surprised... And second, if we did what you suggest then there wouldn't be an America anymore, so I guess we wouldn't have to worry about it.
Old 10-03-06, 09:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Hey, cost cutting must show somewhere right?They should probably pray that they sell less cars so that they can lose less.
haha that's exactly what i was thinking. one very good way for them to lose less money is by selling less cars simple enough (ok, this is a joke)