Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

//M6 vs. Z06...!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-06, 10:51 AM
toneman
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
All I care is whether I like the car & couldn't care less whether a certain "type" of people is "supposed" to drive it.
Werd!!! I could never understand why some people try to base their decision as to which product they are thinking of buying based (in part) on whether other people think it looks good or whatever other perceptions might go along with such a product--e.g., the ubiquitous "Which wheel looks good to you?" posts. Why should it matter whether a wheel, car, or some other object looks good to someone else? As long as you like it...that's all that should really matter, no? After all, you're the one who'll be looking at it more often than anyone else...

Is vanity that important to some people when it comes to stuff like vehicles? I dunno about some of you fellas, but I buy a car primarily because I like it...not because it'll make me look good in front of others or make me feel better about myself.
Old 10-05-06, 12:22 PM
DrDrilZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by toneman
Werd!!! I could never understand why some people try to base their decision as to which product they are thinking of buying based (in part) on whether other people think it looks good or whatever other perceptions might go along with such a product--e.g., the ubiquitous "Which wheel looks good to you?" posts. Why should it matter whether a wheel, car, or some other object looks good to someone else? As long as you like it...that's all that should really matter, no? After all, you're the one who'll be looking at it more often than anyone else...

Is vanity that important to some people when it comes to stuff like vehicles? I dunno about some of you fellas, but I buy a car primarily because I like it...not because it'll make me look good in front of others or make me feel better about myself.
for those type of folks, the 6 series is just perfect! they must think "hey, i bet everyone will think i'm cool cuz i have an expensive bmw thats supposed to look kinda sporty". thats how it is round these parts anyway.
Old 10-05-06, 01:34 PM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by genearch
But as I always say...There is a certain kind of person that drives a Corvette, and I'm not that person...
A prospective Vette owner is curious if you care to elaborate on that "certain kind of person?" Especially since many folks feel a certain way about BMW owners.
Old 10-05-06, 03:56 PM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by genearch
lol..

I'm sure it's just a personal view... Generally it's the 50+ crowd, you know.. bright yellow Century 21 Jacket, white shoes, chest toupee and a few gold chains...

or.. the 30-35 caucasian male with a chip on his shoulder

(again, personal opinion)
Funny enough, I've gone to a couple Vette gatherings lately to learn more about the car from actual owners and you're partly correct. Most, certainly not all, of the guys I talked to were in the 55+ crowd...sans the gold chains. Interesting since they seemed to mod the cars to essentially baby them.
But, to my surprise they were actually very cool, friendly, inviting, and willing to answer whatever questions I had, share a ton of info., and a couple guys even offered a ride-along, etc. to get a good idea of exhaust note, drone, acceleration, etc. So, I definitely left with a different perspective than I came with especially since I'm in that second age demographic but African-American...uh, and the only 1 there for a while.
I went from thinking..."OK, this is going to be interesting" to "car guys are just car guys." Now, some BMW owners on the other hand... ha ha.
I have a couple buddies with M3s. Chips on their shoulders? Nah...more like BOULDERS.