Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What is a good price for a 2007 Honda CR-V (4WD EX)?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-06, 12:33 PM
MY GS300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is a good price for a 2007 Honda CR-V (4WD EX)?

Hey guys

I hope all of you are having a nice weekend.

What is a good price for a 2007 Honda CR-V (4WD EX)?

The Base MSRP (excluding tax, license, registration, $595.00 destination charge and options) is $24,050.

Would $2,000 off MSRP be a good deal? Or $2,500 off?

Thank you.
Old 10-22-06, 05:23 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

You didn't say what options the vehicle had or if the $24,050 was the base price or list price after options and freight. Honda itself ( you are correct ) lists the base price of an automatic 4WD EX at $24,050, so I assume you are talking about a car with no options.

Hondas, unfortunately, are generally not the easiest vehicles to bargain on, and usually don't carry many, if any, factory incentives. They are so well-established in the marketplace and have such a stellar reputation that they usually sell on just their reputation alone. Honda salespeople and dealerships, though, to some extent, have been living in the past and driving hard bargains.......usually at or close to list and in some cases over list, but the realities of the growing competition are beginning to catch up to them now....especially from well-built Hyundai/Kia vehicles with cheaper prices better warranties ( you might want to check out a new Santa Fe or Tuscon before buying a CR-V ). Those long Korean warranties were a major factor in Honda's decision recently, along with Ford and GM, to raise their standard drivetrain warranties from 3/36 to 5/60.

Anyhow, to directly answer your question, $2000 or $2500 of list, given Honda's usual method of selling, would be a pretty good deal IF that " list " price is REALLY factory-list........Honda is notorious for adding those dealer-applied " Adjusted Market Value " second stickers that are nothing but pure profit.

However, to be fair, Honda vehicles, at least to some extent, merit those rather high prices, They are extremely well-built, have quality materials inside and out, and have led the auto industry for decades in new and updated engine technology, though lately they have trailed Toyota / Lexus somewhat in the expansion of Hybrid availability even though they beat Toyota to the punch back in 2000.

Last edited by mmarshall; 10-23-06 at 08:00 AM.
Old 10-23-06, 03:20 AM
MY GS300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
You didn't say what options the vehicle had or if the $24,050 was the base price or list price after options and freight. Honda itself ( you are correct ) lists the base price of an automatic 4WD EX at $24,050 ( see the attached web site ) , so I assume you are talking about a car with no options.

Hondas, unfortunately, are generally not the easiest vehicles to bargain on, and usually don't carry many, if any, factory incentives. They are so well-established in the marketplace and have such a stellar reputation that they usually sell on just their reputation alone. Honda salespeople and dealerships, though, to some extent, have been living in the past and driving hard bargains.......usually at or close to list and in some cases over list, but the realities of the growing competition are beginning to catch up to them now....especially from well-built Hyundai/Kia vehicles with cheaper prices better warranties ( you might want to check out a new Santa Fe or Tuscon before buying a CR-V ). Those long Korean warranties were a major factor in Honda's decision recently, along with Ford and GM, to raise their standard drivetrain warranties from 3/36 to 5/60.

Anyhow, to directly answer your question, $2000 or $2500 of list, given Honda's usual method of selling, would be a pretty good deal IF that " list " price is REALLY factory-list........Honda is notorious for adding those dealer-applied " Adjusted Market Value " second stickers that are nothing but pure profit.

However, to be fair, Honda vehicles, at least to some extent, merit those rather high prices, They are extremely well-built, have quality materials inside and out, and have led the auto industry for decades in new and updated engine technology, though lately they have trailed Toyota / Lexus somewhat in the expansion of Hybrid availability even though they beat Toyota to the punch back in 2000.

Hello mmarshall

How are you doing?

Thank you very much for your time and help. I greatly appreciate it.

Have a nice day.