Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

How flexible prices on the various current Lexus models? Any good online dealers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-06, 02:18 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How flexible prices on the various current Lexus models? Any good online dealers?

Like for example I'm under the impression that there are plenty of GS models sitting out on the lots right now that many Lexus dealers would probably let go, if negotiated properly, for darn near invoice price.

Yet if you can find an LS460 for anything under sticker price at the moment, you must not live on planet earth.

So what about the other models? The SC seems to be a pretty long in the tooth design but still seems to sell decently well - are people often negotiating near invoice deals on those or not? What about the GX, RX, and ES?

My local dealer, while GREAT in terms of service, has a very snobby attitude in their sales department. They almost act like you are a retard if you try to negotiate ANY discount on ANY of their models. You get 'that' look from them and that tone to their voice when they remind you that more or less, 'this is lexus... we don't negotiate'.
That sucks though because Lexus appears to have more distance, even percentage-wise, between their invoice and MSRP than almost any other car brand out there. So there's a lot of savings to be had. I have to assume that even at invoice pricing the dealer still gets pretty worthwhile kick-backs/rebating and bonuses from Lexus, right?

Yet I know there are dealers out there who will and do negotiate quite a bit (more than just 500 dollars off and some free oil change vouchers).

So the second part of my question is, are there any dealers out there who specialize in internet sales of new Lexus models at discounted prices? If so who are they and how easy are they to make out of state purchases/leases from? Or should I just speak to an online lease broker of sorts who can hook me up with the best quote out there from a dealer?
Old 10-24-06, 02:32 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure about thier internet dept, but I have sold quite a few sets of wheels to SEWELL Lexus customers, I even sold them a kit directly! So people must be purchasing alot of cars from them.

I dealt with the aftersales manager, his name is Jim Sowell and he can probably point you in the right direction