Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti prices 2007 G35 at $31,450

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-06, 10:36 AM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe Im missing something you arent when I compare the sites:

http://infiniti.com/allnewG/2007_GSe...ifications.pdf

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/detai...fications.html

To me it doesnt seem the G lacks a whole lot of these standard features. And Im not sure how youre coming up with the IS resale value being better and reliability, etc when youre talking about one car that is barely a year old and the other not even on sale yet... Maybe youre talking past models, but then too, from what Ive seen the G35s resale value doesnt seem that poor, keeping in mind it starts off cheaper than the IS.
Old 10-26-06, 10:42 AM
MikeSC4
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both cars have their strengths, but I think the G offers more stock for stock. The IS has std moonroof, which is nice, but the advantage the G has is std HIDs, perf leather, real aluminum trim, 7" info display screen (even w/o navi).

Check out the spec sheet
http://www.infiniti.com/allnewG/2007...ifications.pdf

And I think the G's hold their value pretty well. Have you tried shopping for a used G? Might as well get a new one.
Old 10-26-06, 05:20 PM
shyguy16
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MikeSC4
Both cars have their strengths, but I think the G offers more stock for stock. The IS has std moonroof, which is nice, but the advantage the G has is std HIDs, perf leather, real aluminum trim, 7" info display screen (even w/o navi).

Check out the spec sheet
http://www.infiniti.com/allnewG/2007...ifications.pdf

And I think the G's hold their value pretty well. Have you tried shopping for a used G? Might as well get a new one.
Actually, I'd like the sun/moonroof to remain optional. I wouldn't get it because it compromises structural rigidity (much like fold down rears), as well as adding weight and reducing headroom.

The only things that matters to me are price and available 6MT on the big engine, which is where the G35 wins on both counts. Manual IS250s are next to impossible to find.
Old 10-26-06, 07:15 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by shyguy16
Actually, I'd like the sun/moonroof to remain optional. I wouldn't get it because it compromises structural rigidity (much like fold down rears), as well as adding weight and reducing headroom.

The only things that matters to me are price and available 6MT on the big engine, which is where the G35 wins on both counts. Manual IS250s are next to impossible to find.
The 5speed auto with 306HP still seems like a hell of deal to me at only 33k..
Old 10-26-06, 07:57 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

As a current owner of a G35 Coupe and My faithful GS400 -- I applaud Infiniti for stepping up to the plate but from my expereince with Infiniti - I say Lexus is still more refine, smoother and quicker, more quiet and more efficient..

I've always looked at the two brands in this aspect:

Inifiniti : Sporty with a hint of Luxury (Very Sporty w/ miminum luxury features)

Lexus : Luxury with a flavor of Sport (by far Lexus is more luxurious w/sport appeal)

They are counter parts of each other..and not really comparable except for price and car class.. Infiniti might be cheaper - but the overall satisfaction is alot higher with lexus..(I had my GS for almost 8 years now - and still loving it!!) I've had my '06 G35 Coupe for 6 months now and wished I had bought an IS350 instead!! And the reason I got the G35 is because of price - My G35 coupe -loaded with every option available was stickered $42K which I got on a deal for $34K - now I wish I had forked out the xtra $10K more for the IS350!)

- But Look at it this way because Of Infiniti's cheaper price on the G35 Sedan - You will get a better deal on your IS350!! So Cheers!!
Old 10-26-06, 09:41 PM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
As a current owner of a G35 Coupe and My faithful GS400 -- I applaud Infiniti for stepping up to the plate but from my expereince with Infiniti - I say Lexus is still more refine, smoother and quicker, more quiet and more efficient..

I've always looked at the two brands in this aspect:

Inifiniti : Sporty with a hint of Luxury (Very Sporty w/ miminum luxury features)

Lexus : Luxury with a flavor of Sport (by far Lexus is more luxurious w/sport appeal)

They are counter parts of each other..and not really comparable except for price and car class.. Infiniti might be cheaper - but the overall satisfaction is alot higher with lexus..(I had my GS for almost 8 years now - and still loving it!!) I've had my '06 G35 Coupe for 6 months now and wished I had bought an IS350 instead!! And the reason I got the G35 is because of price - My G35 coupe -loaded with every option available was stickered $42K which I got on a deal for $34K - now I wish I had forked out the xtra $10K more for the IS350!)

- But Look at it this way because Of Infiniti's cheaper price on the G35 Sedan - You will get a better deal on your IS350!! So Cheers!!

As an Infiniti M45 owner and a Lexus SC430 owner i can honestly say that i have been more satisfied with the few months ive had with my m45 compared to the few years ive had my SC. Infiniti really did a great job with the M45 and though i havent been in the new 07 G35, im assuming it will also go in the direction of the M. From what I've read, it seems to be a great car. One of these coming days i have to go test drive it and see how it compares to the competition.

I see infiniti as luxury focused more on sport and driver feeling just as bmw is. I see Lexus as luxury focusing more on comfort. Similar to MB in a sense where the driving aspect isnt as enjoyable. Lexus cars imo are good luxury cruisers but i dont think lexus got the performance aspect right yet. I still feel that most of the designs are still bland but its not a bad thing since that is what works for lexus. Infiniti design is more striking with a really sporty-luxury appeal.

As for reliability, i havent had an issue with either car. For dealer service, my experience with infiniti has been better.

If i were to choose between an IS350 and a G35, I would get a G35. I sat in an IS and was just too damn small. I love the front end of the IS but i really like the overall look of the G35. The price is also very appealing for 306hp with an option of a 6MT
Old 10-26-06, 10:13 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Hypnotik
As an Infiniti M45 owner and a Lexus SC430 owner i can honestly say that i have been more satisfied with the few months ive had with my m45 compared to the few years ive had my SC. Infiniti really did a great job with the M45 and though i havent been in the new 07 G35, im assuming it will also go in the direction of the M. From what I've read, it seems to be a great car. One of these coming days i have to go test drive it and see how it compares to the competition.

I see infiniti as luxury focused more on sport and driver feeling just as bmw is. I see Lexus as luxury focusing more on comfort. Similar to MB in a sense where the driving aspect isnt as enjoyable. Lexus cars imo are good luxury cruisers but i dont think lexus got the performance aspect right yet. I still feel that most of the designs are still bland but its not a bad thing since that is what works for lexus. Infiniti design is more striking with a really sporty-luxury appeal.

As for reliability, i havent had an issue with either car. For dealer service, my experience with infiniti has been better.

If i were to choose between an IS350 and a G35, I would get a G35. I sat in an IS and was just too damn small. I love the front end of the IS but i really like the overall look of the G35. The price is also very appealing for 306hp with an option of a 6MT
Seriously, outside maybe the G35 coupe, what is striking about their design? I don't recall mag reviews raving about any of the styling nor any experts like Del Coats or Robert Cumberford (where they have reviewed Lexus and L-finesse). As for comparing the 2 brands, there are many more stories of 1QWKGS4 side than yours and looking at quality results, that is expected. Infiniti has very good quality, still under Lexus.

I still don't see Infiniti has a viable BMW alternative as the only car they offer a manual in is the G35.
I will say the G35 and M35/45 are sportier than their Lexus competition and the FX is one of the sportiest SUVs you can buy, so yes, they are the sportiest Japanese luxury brand.

Old 10-26-06, 10:16 PM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Seriously, outside maybe the G35 coupe, what is striking about their design? I don't recall mag reviews raving about any of the styling nor any experts like Del Coats or Robert Cumberford (where they have reviewed Lexus and L-finesse). As for comparing the 2 brands, there are many more stories of 1QWKGS4 side than yours and looking at quality results, that is expected. Infiniti has very good quality, still under Lexus.

I still don't see Infiniti has a viable BMW alternative as the only car they offer a manual in is the G35.
I will say the G35 and M35/45 are sportier than their Lexus competition and the FX is one of the sportiest SUVs you can buy, so yes, they are the sportiest Japanese luxury brand.
I am giving my opinion in owning both. I chose the M45 because i didnt like the GS design. Again, my opinion
Old 10-26-06, 10:18 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Hypnotik
I am giving my opinion in owning both. I chose the M45 because i didnt like the GS design. Again, my opinion
I can respect your opinion here. It is a good looking car.

Old 10-26-06, 11:54 PM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it me or G35s depreciate more than your average Lexus or BMW? I think the G35 is a great car for what you pay for but honestly I'd rather have a Lexus or BMW.
Old 10-26-06, 11:59 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by OC 335i
Is it me or G35s depreciate more than your average Lexus or BMW? I think the G35 is a great car for what you pay for but honestly I'd rather have a Lexus or BMW.
Up until the G35 coupe, resale for the brand was horrible at best. Now the G35c holds resell well, the sedan is just average. The M/FX are about average as well. The QX resale is poor.

Old 10-27-06, 12:01 AM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I don't see Infiniti as a BMW alternative because it's a luxury car with not as much Sport. You could say the BMW is more luxurious. Better ride, more quiet in my experience. I have several friends with rattles in their G35 coupes. From the first year models to 06. I will say though, it's not really fair to compare Infiniti to BMW simply because of price. In the car market, I see Infiniti right around or above Acura, and below BMW/Lexus.
Old 10-27-06, 05:37 AM
Tekknikal
Lead Lap

I don't see Infiniti as a BMW alternative because it's a luxury car with not as much Sport. You could say the BMW is more luxurious. Better ride, more quiet in my experience. I have several friends with rattles in their G35 coupes. From the first year models to 06. I will say though, it's not really fair to compare Infiniti to BMW simply because of price. In the car market, I see Infiniti right around or above Acura, and below BMW/Lexus.
imo the g coupe was sportier than the e46 3 series, m excluded.
braking, handling, power, feel of operation all seemed sportier to me, although the car was less refined.
Old 10-27-06, 05:38 AM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

The only Infiniti that has residual/resale similar to BMW/Lexus is the G35 coupe. The M's may be able to reproduce that, it's too early to tell. Infiniti is struggling up a steep hill - they may be able to make it work if they keep releasing cars like the G and M, but they have a long way to go that's for sure (*cough* Q *cough*)

RE: G coupe vs e46 3-series. It was close; our 330xi has a better suspension than our stock G35 did, but I like the steering feel (and obviously power) of the G better. The G has too much nose dive and roll stock (which I think they've fixed on the new model), it's a bit like driving a really angry bull that you almost have total control over, but not quite. The 3, typically, is very predictable. It'll be interesting to see how close the new G has come to emulating the 3's chassis.
Old 10-27-06, 05:47 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Nice pricing, the IS350 needs a six speed. I was considering a G35 coupe at one point but I love the SC too much but I will be looking at a 1st gen black M45 for my VIP Project next year.

Quick Reply: Infiniti prices 2007 G35 at $31,450