Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti prices 2007 G35 at $31,450

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-06 | 07:29 AM
rosskoss
Advanced

Killer deal for a great driving car with a fantastic engine. Add all three big packages (nav, technology and premium luxury) and you still come under $38K for a 6MT model. Can you even get a base 335 for that price?
Old 10-27-06 | 07:54 AM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rosskoss
Killer deal for a great driving car with a fantastic engine. Add all three big packages (nav, technology and premium luxury) and you still come under $38K for a 6MT model. Can you even get a base 335 for that price?
Nope! They start at ~$40k.
Old 10-27-06 | 09:48 AM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tekknikal
imo the g coupe was sportier than the e46 3 series, m excluded.
braking, handling, power, feel of operation all seemed sportier to me, although the car was less refined.
I had limited time in the G coupe (all sport pckg), a test drives, and driving various friends' cars a few times, and the G wasn't confidence inspiring. Compared to a 3 series with a sport package, there was much more body roll in the G. While the G35 handled well, the 330 outperforms it. I can't wait to see what Infiniti does with the next G35 though. Considering it was a brand new model, Infiniti did a pretty good job. It will be interesting to see if they improved the 2nd generation as well as Lexus did with their IS.
Old 10-27-06 | 09:55 AM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rosskoss
Yes you can.

335i Coupe
$37,350 U.S. Invoice
$34,740 European Delivery Invoice.
$40,600 MSRP

Nav $1910
Premium Package $2230
Sport Package $910
Xenon - STD
Logic 7 (Premium Sound, I would say a little bit better than ML) - STD

If you want to lease, I believe BMW's leases are some of the best around, especially if you consider the MSRP is higher than its competitors.

Last edited by OC 335d; 10-27-06 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-27-06 | 10:04 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Im not impressed with the styling of any of the new Infiniti's the G35 and the FX are the only cars i find attractive. However Lexus make a better car and the IS350 is still the better value.
Old 10-27-06 | 12:26 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Hmm how is the IS350 a better value? Because its more expensive and doesn't come with the options the G does standard. Plus the IS is smaller.
Old 10-27-06 | 01:07 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Reliability, std. feature, dealer service, resale value. Need i say more. Oh and the IS auto is a s fast as G35 stick.
Old 10-27-06 | 01:28 PM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MSMLexIS
Reliability, std. feature, dealer service, resale value. Need i say more. Oh and the IS auto is a s fast as G35 stick.
The only infiniti that is not reliable is the QX56 because it is made in the US. I did hear that the QX as well as the armada may start being manufactured in japan. If that happens, say goodbye to those quality issues. Dealer service? Infiniti's dealer service is top notch from my experience. On par if not better than lexus...at least in my area. Resale value for the coupe and sedan are also good. So no the IS350 is not a better value. The G35 has everything it has plus a bigger interior cabin, a 6MT and is thousands of dollars less.

And a quote from car and driver "BMW casts a long shadow over every contender in the near-luxury segment. But the G35 now makes a fine case for itself against the 3-series, especially as it is likely to be cheaper. The G35 also brings up another comparison, to wit: Why on earth would one buy a Lexus IS350? The Lexus isn’t appreciably quicker, doesn’t look as good, and is a fairly anodyne driving experience, whereas the G35 is a very soulful machine. The Lexus has a more beautifully wrought interior than the G35’s (much improved) cabin, but that’s about its only advantage. In short, Infiniti does a much better job of being the Japanese luxury brand that makes cars we want to drive."

http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtest...int-page3.html

Last edited by Hypnotik; 10-27-06 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-27-06 | 01:34 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MSMLexIS
Like Hypn said, the G35 is the better value not the IS350. To get all the features on the IS350 you will be at a 40-45k price tag. The G35 comes standard with most of the features. A more balanced handling car, bigger, comes with a 6mt, and a bit more refined interior (not painted plastic, real alum / wood standard)

Lexus has the dealer service down well, but not a huge difference over Infiniti. The G35 has the highest resale value as of the last body style.

IS350 is probably just as fast as the G35 AUTO. It ran a 13.7 at 103 I think it was in one test and it wasn't even broken in with less than 250 miles on it. And that was a auto.

Last edited by KrazyLexus; 10-27-06 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-27-06 | 01:38 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Talking about the G35 Coupe - I have had two -

1st, an '04 w/ every option
(nav/premium sport pkg with 18's & aero) -

2nd, (now) I have an '06 w/ every option (nav/premium/aero/sport pkg w/ 19's and rear active steering)..

When I had the '04 G35 - It was a fun car and right out a Blast to drive - I always felt it lack refinement and quality compared to Lexus - but if you compared it to any other brand - yea - its tops them all but under lexus..

6 months ago - I got into another G35 because of value and that I missed its great handling abilities and just right out fun car.. My first impression after 2 months of ownership - I thought "What an improvement" over the '04 that I had - wow, the '06 was so much more refined, smoother & quicker - I even metioned to a friend who owns an IS350 - that the quality of the car overall is very near lexus quality if not almost equivalent to lexus!! I was really impressed and l enjoyed my purchase - but after spending more time with the car - day in and day out - I've came up with the conclusion that though Infinit's best sports car - very sporty and somewhat luxurious - In my opinion, Infinit is still not as refined as Lexus - yes, maybe more sporty but not more luxurious or the quality - not par to lexus..

And for the BMW folks - I looked at BMW both times - compared the G35 against the 330ci Sport Pkg and picked the Infiniti both times.. BMW was alot more expensive like $47K for a 330ci Sport. Not just about price - but BMW didn't give enough performance value.

A nicely equipped IS350 is around $44K and My G35 was Stickered at $42K loaded but i got it for $34K-The only reason I picked the G35 over the IS350 was price -- The G35 was cheaper - not better - IMO..

If I hadn't got a deal on my G35 ($8K off Sticker)- I would be driving an IS now!

Last edited by 1QWKGS4; 10-27-06 at 01:57 PM.
Old 10-27-06 | 01:43 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

I agree for the older G35. The new one though is 100x better than the old one in refinement.
Old 10-27-06 | 01:47 PM
LexFather

1. You always get what you pay for. There is better value and cheaper for a reason.
2. Lets recognize opinions and recognize facts. Big difference.
3. If we are going to quote mags, lets quote all reviews, not just the one guy that you might be related to.

Let us all be honest here. Infiniti has some nice cars . As a whole, the brand is still tier two, with their OWN DEALER NETWORK acknowledging this All we need to do is look at the LS 460 or LS 600L h. Nothing close.
GS 450h/RX 400h,nothing even close from a technological standpoint.
SC 430, no V-8 coupe or hardtop convert offered.

I can agree Infiniti's cars are sportier than Lexus and that is cool. Overall though, the brand has no flagship, the GT-R will be a Nissan and well, their management still puzzles me with decisons they make.

You guys are cute stating
1. The G35 coupe (one car in 17 years) has good resale
2. Infiniti dealer network in my area is the same if better than Lexus (when every report by JD Power or Consumer Reports shows Lexus is still way on top)

Lets compare BRAND to BRAND. Its really not even a close comparsion when you look at the full 17 year history of the 2 brands.

Lexus has NEVER discontinued a car. INfiniti has discontinued more cars than anyone in the history of luxury brands and they are as new as Lexus.
Old 10-27-06 | 01:51 PM
LexFather

Now as for G35 vs IS, I don't really care as both are great cars and both are going to sell well and I am thankful Japan got their head out their **** and are offering REAL 3 series alternatives instead of b.s ES 300 and I30t like they did 10 years ago.

I mean really, why are we even arguing which car is better? Both are very good cars, the 3 is a fantastic car, most cars in this class are very good cars.

Can we all shake hands here.
Old 10-27-06 | 01:54 PM
MikeSC4
Driver

Resale value and consumer values should not be intertwined. When I hear people talk about the best value or "bang for your buck" its usually regarding MSRP prices. The TL has been the best value car with a price tag of 35k fully loaded w/ nav. I think the new G is going to be the best value car. I'm actually surprised it was priced so low. Here's a quote from nissannews.com

The 2007 G35 Journey model with the optional Premium Package, which is projected as the most popular model/trim combination, is priced $700 less than the comparable 2006 model and includes the Infiniti Studio on Wheels by Bose® Premium Audio System, 10-way power driver’s seat, Bi-Xenon headlights, and Intelligent Key with Push Button Start – features that were not available on the 2006 model.

Link: http://www.nissannews.com/infiniti/n...27083514.shtml

No I don't work for Infiniti, I'm just excited about the car. I've considered the IS350, but it just got too pricey when I started adding packages. I priced out a G35 Sport AT w/ Premium pkg and Nav for 37,900. What is a similar priced IS350, around 43-44k?
Old 10-27-06 | 01:55 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

I agree to a point. Infiniti has only discontinued only two cars. And that was the J30 and I35.

The G20 was replaced with the G35. The Qx4 was replaced with the QX56. The Q45 is Infiniti's flagship (but might be dieing as well). So the M45 might become the flagship. They have had hard times in the past and have come a long way. Give them time as you can see they are having some great cars coming out.

But case in point. If you want a Sporty Luxury car, in a good price range with good reliability and service, go get a Infiniti. If you want a pure Luxury car with not much sport but lots of comfort and luxury items, with excellent reliability (unless you get a ES350 with the Camry Tranny flaws), awesome lexus service and great resale value, get a Lexus.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
1. You always get what you pay for. There is better value and cheaper for a reason.
2. Lets recognize opinions and recognize facts. Big difference.
3. If we are going to quote mags, lets quote all reviews, not just the one guy that you might be related to.

Let us all be honest here. Infiniti has some nice cars . As a whole, the brand is still tier two, with their OWN DEALER NETWORK acknowledging this All we need to do is look at the LS 460 or LS 600L h. Nothing close.
GS 450h/RX 400h,nothing even close from a technological standpoint.
SC 430, no V-8 coupe or hardtop convert offered.

I can agree Infiniti's cars are sportier than Lexus and that is cool. Overall though, the brand has no flagship, the GT-R will be a Nissan and well, their management still puzzles me with decisons they make.

You guys are cute stating
1. The G35 coupe (one car in 17 years) has good resale
2. Infiniti dealer network in my area is the same if better than Lexus (when every report by JD Power or Consumer Reports shows Lexus is still way on top)

Lets compare BRAND to BRAND. Its really not even a close comparsion when you look at the full 17 year history of the 2 brands.

Lexus has NEVER discontinued a car. INfiniti has discontinued more cars than anyone in the history of luxury brands and they are as new as Lexus.

Quick Reply: Infiniti prices 2007 G35 at $31,450