Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti prices 2007 G35 at $31,450

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-06, 01:56 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to info i read from Infiniti keyless access is an option as are the leather interior and the paddle shifts and moonroof is an option. So you have to buy the sport which is only 2k less than the IS add these options to the sport and its probably more than the IS or equal in price. Now again IS more fuel effecient, faster(auto vs. auto) more reliable, has better resale value and better dealer service so I see an IS as the better value but maybe im wrong.
Old 10-27-06, 01:57 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Now as for G35 vs IS, I don't really care as both are great cars and both are going to sell well and I am thankful Japan got their head out their **** and are offering REAL 3 series alternatives instead of b.s ES 300 and I30t like they did 10 years ago.

I mean really, why are we even arguing which car is better? Both are very good cars, the 3 is a fantastic car, most cars in this class are very good cars.

Can we all shake hands here.
Good post. I agree.
Old 10-27-06, 01:59 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MSMLexIS
According to info i read from Infiniti keyless access is an option as are the leather interior and the paddle shifts and moonroof is an option. So you have to buy the sport which is only 2k less than the IS add these options to the sport and its probably more than the IS or equal in price. Now again IS more fuel effecient, faster(auto vs. auto) more reliable, has better resale value and better dealer service so I see an IS as the better value but maybe im wrong.
Your reading the wrong info at the wrong place.

Keyless is standard as HID headlights. Paddles I am not sure. But I can tell you that the pricing is way different. Almost 10k difference between both cars. You don't know if the IS350 is more fuel effecient till we see reports on that. And so far it is not faster.

Okay, enough is enough. I can see where this is going and its obvious your biased. I am done.
Old 10-27-06, 02:07 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by MikeSC4
Resale value and consumer values should not be intertwined. When I hear people talk about the best value or "bang for your buck" its usually regarding MSRP prices. The TL has been the best value car with a price tag of 35k fully loaded w/ nav. I think the new G is going to be the best value car. I'm actually surprised it was priced so low. Here's a quote from nissannews.com

The 2007 G35 Journey model with the optional Premium Package, which is projected as the most popular model/trim combination, is priced $700 less than the comparable 2006 model and includes the Infiniti Studio on Wheels by Bose® Premium Audio System, 10-way power driver’s seat, Bi-Xenon headlights, and Intelligent Key with Push Button Start – features that were not available on the 2006 model.

Link: http://www.nissannews.com/infiniti/n...27083514.shtml

No I don't work for Infiniti, I'm just excited about the car. I've considered the IS350, but it just got too pricey when I started adding packages. I priced out a G35 Sport AT w/ Premium pkg and Nav for 37,900. What is a similar priced IS350, around 43-44k?
"Value" is relative.
The Acura owner will say his car is the best value b/c it is loaded for say 35k but his car is FWD and Accord based with some areas not top quality and is best for the snow.
The Infiniti owner will say his car is the best value b/c for 35k you can get some options and its RWD but shares platforms with 4 or 5 other vehicles and its cheaper than the IS.
The Lexus owner will say his car is the best value b/c compared to the 3 series its cheaper and it has Lexus build quality and tons of standard features and dealer service/quality is the best but it handles not the best.
The BMW owner will say his car is the best value b/c its the standard in the class and compared to the outgoing model you get more features and more power for about the same money.

Bottom line, no one should have to really PROVE why they bought the car to anyone else. Buy it and enjoy it.

Old 10-27-06, 02:08 PM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

The infiniti keyless access is standard on all auto G35s..leather is standard as well. The paddle shifters are on option with the sport package. The faster and more fuel efficient parts are yet to be fully determined. All the test cars infiniti sent to mags were 250 miles or all. Most of the reviews stated that because they tested the car even before its breakin period..meaning it would probably be alot faster after breakin. Better resale value is also something that still needs to be determined with time. Better dealership service depends on which dealership you go to. Like G35_tx, im done with this topic on conversation with you as you keep repeating the same thing. 1sicklex is right. The G35 and IS are both great cars...we'll leave it at that
Old 10-27-06, 02:08 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by G35_TX
I agree for the older G35. The new one though is 100x better than the old one in refinement.
I hope so! I always like to see improvement..I'm looking forward to driving the New G35) I heard Infiniti is coming out with different variant models like a Hardtop Convert G35 (rumors?)..

Anyways - I'm a Big fan of both Brands!! Lets Shake hands and go get a Beer!!
Old 10-27-06, 02:10 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

The 2007 G35 Journey model with the optional Premium Package, which is projected as the most popular model/trim combination, is priced $700 less than the comparable 2006 model and includes the Infiniti Studio on Wheels by Bose® Premium Audio System, 10-way power driver’s seat, Bi-Xenon headlights, and Intelligent Key with Push Button Start – features that were not available on the 2006 model.

According to this im reading it write it mentions the Journey which isnt the base model with the OPTIONAL premium package which includes smartkey, 10 way power seats, and push button start which are all standard on the IS350 also the paddles are included only on the sport model add in an auto to make it fair and i bet the IS350 is cheaper or not much more. Add in higher resale value, better dealer service and better reliability and the Lexus is the value champ. No im not biased but if the infiniti were the better value i would say it was but i dont see that. Plus its ugly at least the last model looked decent this one is ugly.
Old 10-27-06, 02:11 PM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
"Value" is relative.
The Acura owner will say his car is the best value b/c it is loaded for say 35k but his car is FWD and Accord based with some areas not top quality and is best for the snow.
The Infiniti owner will say his car is the best value b/c for 35k you can get some options and its RWD but shares platforms with 4 or 5 other vehicles and its cheaper than the IS.
The Lexus owner will say his car is the best value b/c compared to the 3 series its cheaper and it has Lexus build quality and tons of standard features and dealer service/quality is the best but it handles not the best.
The BMW owner will say his car is the best value b/c its the standard in the class and compared to the outgoing model you get more features and more power for about the same money.

Bottom line, no one should have to really PROVE why they bought the car to anyone else. Buy it and enjoy it.

Old 10-27-06, 02:12 PM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

According to this im reading it write it mentions the Journey which isnt the base model with the OPTIONAL premium package which includes smartkey, 10 way power seats, and push button start which are all standard on the IS350 also the paddles are included only on the sport model add in an auto to make it fair and i bet the IS350 is cheaper or not much more. Add in higher resale value, better dealer service and better reliability and the Lexus is the value champ. No im not biased but if the infiniti were the better value i would say it was but i dont see that. Plus its ugly at least the last model looked decent this one is ugly.
You are seriously just making me laugh now
Old 10-27-06, 02:12 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Hypnotik
The infiniti keyless access is standard on all auto G35s..leather is standard as well. The paddle shifters are on option with the sport package. The faster and more fuel efficient parts are yet to be fully determined. All the test cars infiniti sent to mags were 250 miles or all. Most of the reviews stated that because they tested the car even before its breakin period..meaning it would probably be alot faster after breakin. Better resale value is also something that still needs to be determined with time. Better dealership service depends on which dealership you go to. Like G35_tx, im done with this topic on conversation with you as you keep repeating the same thing. 1sicklex is right. The G35 and IS are both great cars...we'll leave it at that
I mean honestly, the new G35 IMO has big winner all over.
1. Cheapest
2. Upgraded interior
3. MANUAL IS AVAILABLE
4. As big as cars in the class above it
5. I am sure quality will be very good.
6. Fast and handles well.
7. Decent good looks.

Nissan, IMO, really improved on all the pros of the current G35 and really cut the negatives of the previous model.

No crap, I am very impressed

This leads me to believe the next M35/45 is going to be another home run.

Old 10-27-06, 02:26 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Heres some info from when C&D drove the G35.

Here is Car & Driver's test result on new G35 sedan.

0-30 2.0
0-40 2.8
0-50 4.0
0-60 5.2
0-70 6.9
0-80 8.6
0-90 10.5
0-100 13.1
0-110 15.8
0-120 19.0
0-130 23.8
0-140 30.2
0-150 38.2
Standing 1/4 mile 13.9 sec@103mph

Fuel Economy
EPA city driving 18mpg
EPA highway driving 25 mpg

Interior Sound Level
idle 41dBA
full throttle acceleration 79dBA
70 mph crusing 67dBA

So looks like IS is a little faster(the infiniti was a manual) and is easier on gas and its quieter. Someone give me a reason to buy it over the IS besides lower price.
Old 10-27-06, 02:31 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

You obviously DO NOT LISTEN. This is hilarous. The IS350 didn't get a good time till it was broken in more. 250 miles is not broken in yet. Per the C&D:

"More impressive still, our G35 tester went to the track with fewer than 250 miles on the odo. That’s like putting an Olympic sprinter in the starting blocks in his street clothes. What’ll it do with a proper break-in? We look forward to finding out."

And here is the test on the IS350

"It also has 306 ponies from an all-new 3.5-liter V-6, enough to make 60 mph in 5.1 seconds and sear your quarter-mile in 13.7 seconds at 104 mph with a few flicks of the steering-wheel paddles controlling the six-speed automatic. Every other car here sucks its dust. Welcome to the most exuberant Lexus ever built."

So in reality it isn't that much faster and the g35 wasn't even broken in. So QUIT bashing the G35. Like 1Sick said, both are great cars. Both Equally as good.

NOT ONE IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER REALLY EXCEPT in pricing.

Last edited by KrazyLexus; 10-27-06 at 02:34 PM.
Old 10-27-06, 02:40 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Whatever i dont see any reason besides lower pricing to buy the infiniti. The Lexus to me is clear winner. Sorry they just make great cars. Not that infiniti doesnt it just that there too much like nissan and im not liking the styling. Last G35 was a good car new one ugly new m45 ugly old one was a good looking car.

Last edited by MSMLexIS; 10-27-06 at 02:54 PM.
Old 10-27-06, 02:42 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are many reasons. You are not worth my time anymore.
Old 10-27-06, 02:47 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

So looks like IS is a little faster(the infiniti was a manual) and is easier on gas and its quieter. Someone give me a reason to buy it over the IS besides lower price.
Perhaps it's not all about straight line speed? Some people like a more engaging ride. Don't get me wrong, I think the IS is a very good car - in fact I would very heartily recommend anyone in the market for a car in this range give it a serious look, and can understand why people choose to buy it; that said my *current* G35 has a stiffer suspension and better road feedback, so unless Infiniti has made the new G softer (every indication is they have not) it will be the sportier car, which is clearly what some people want. Different strokes for different folks.

Quick Reply: Infiniti prices 2007 G35 at $31,450