Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti prices 2007 G35 at $31,450

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-06, 02:52 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Now thats Funny! C'mon dude face it- Numbers don't lie and that Most IS350 owners are running low 13's in their cars - They are both equally good cars but one of them is just a little bit faster - there has to be a winner and a loser - and its just fact that Lexus is the overall winner! but for price wise Infiniti wins for more value in the same class...
Old 10-27-06, 02:55 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sums it up perfectly.
Old 10-27-06, 03:36 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Faster? By one test? Go by the other Tests the IS350 got, it was slower than this one test the G35 got.

Wait for more tests, and break in time. Then we can discuss then. Until then I don't call either of them faster.
Old 10-27-06, 03:38 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by G35_TX
Faster? By one test? Go by the other Tests the IS350 got, it was slower than this one test the G35 got.

Wait for more tests, and break in time. Then we can discuss then. Until then I don't call either of them faster.

True-True , I agree.. lets wait for more test - but how do you account for people with IS350 on CL running low 13's with proven time slips..
Old 10-27-06, 03:43 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

I am sure there are people running on CL those times, maybe with mild mods too. But there will be some with the G35 as well doing that.
Old 10-27-06, 03:51 PM
LexFather

Guys please respect each others opinions. Some will prefer the Lex, some will prefer the Infiniti....
We do not have to go back and forth with each post/point.

Old 10-27-06, 03:51 PM
ewg751
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MSMLexIS
According to info i read from Infiniti keyless access is an option as are the leather interior and the paddle shifts and moonroof is an option. So you have to buy the sport which is only 2k less than the IS add these options to the sport and its probably more than the IS or equal in price. Now again IS more fuel effecient, faster(auto vs. auto) more reliable, has better resale value and better dealer service so I see an IS as the better value but maybe im wrong.
I read all your posts in this thread, and you sound like you want to do whatever to protect the IS....You give me that "Why, oh why can Infiniti be able to sell it for so low, and Lexus can't" feeling.
Old 10-27-06, 03:53 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I cant believe the past couple pages; absolutely hilarious. I didnt know Lexus owners were so arrogant until 10 minutes ago... Why do we argue about .2 seconds in the 1/4? How practical is that number for most daily drivers who are buying these cars? Im not totally sure, but I dont think the 58 year old women across the street from me who just got an IS350 cares much about 1/4 mile or 0-60. I bet she does care though that the car is quiet and rides very well... These arguments are such moot points as we see IS350s running mid-low 13s in the 1/4 mile, however, I dont think we've seen those types of numbers in magazine reviews. So give the G35 some time to prove itself before you definitively say which is clearly faster. Let give G owners a chance to run their new cars and see some time slips.

I dont really like the argument of the reliability of the IS being superior to the G's because the fact is we just dont know. We dont know how well made the new G is, so to say that the IS is more reliable than the G is a big assumption. We know Lexus/Toyota in generally are pretty much the most reliable, and the IS is probably no exception. However, with the G, the previous generation was pretty reliable and what makes us think it hasnt improved any? I dont think many people had serious reliability issues with the Gs. The resale value issue is a non issue. We dont know, as with the reliability, how the G will fair. The previous G did fairly well with its' resale value, so how do we come to the definitive answer that the new one will not have equal or greater resale value than that of the past generation G?

As stated numerous times before, both are great cars and great alternatives to the 3 series. However, each will attract it's own type of buyer so I think in the end the actual consumers will decide which is the better car/better value. Not us nor a magazine, but rather sales numbers will prove imo which car people valued the most.
Old 10-27-06, 04:00 PM
ewg751
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MSMLexIS
The 2007 G35 Journey model with the optional Premium Package, which is projected as the most popular model/trim combination, is priced $700 less than the comparable 2006 model and includes the Infiniti Studio on Wheels by Bose® Premium Audio System, 10-way power driver’s seat, Bi-Xenon headlights, and Intelligent Key with Push Button Start – features that were not available on the 2006 model.

According to this im reading it write it mentions the Journey which isnt the base model with the OPTIONAL premium package which includes smartkey, 10 way power seats, and push button start which are all standard on the IS350 also the paddles are included only on the sport model add in an auto to make it fair and i bet the IS350 is cheaper or not much more. Add in higher resale value, better dealer service and better reliability and the Lexus is the value champ. No im not biased but if the infiniti were the better value i would say it was but i dont see that. Plus its ugly at least the last model looked decent this one is ugly.
Heres the answer to your "Intelligent Push start key" answer:

"The 2007 G35 Sedan remains a showcase for Infiniti’s technology and engineering leadership with the available advanced technologies that include RearView Monitor, touch-screen, Infiniti Navigation System with voice recognition, Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC) with Preview Braking, Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS), Infiniti’s Intelligent All-Wheel Drive system - ATTESA E-TS (Advanced Total Traction Engineering System for All Electronic Torque Split) - and 4-Wheel Active Steer. Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition comes standard on all 2007 G35 Sedan models."
Old 10-27-06, 04:07 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by ewg751
I read all your posts in this thread, and you sound like you want to do whatever to protect the IS....You give me that "Why, oh why can Infiniti be able to sell it for so low, and Lexus can't" feeling.
With all of 8 posts, clearly your a Nissan fan. I suggest please tone it down some and everyone stop picking and choosing what to debate.

And Lexus fans and Lexus are not complaining about charging a higher price as most of us do believe it is worth EVERY PENNY. Seeing they are also the best selling brand 6 going on 7 years in a row, the price must be right

Infiniti does not have the luxury of charging as much as the tier one brands, they know this and have been very successful with the G35 and M35/45 pricing below the competiton.

Lexus WAS the same way but their managment really had just tremendous vision of where they saw the brand. Thus you now have not just an expanded Lexus lineup but we are seeing the most expensive Lexus ever produced! Loaded at $94,000 LS 460 L. And the $100,000 Lexus is coming with the LS 600L h!

Old 10-27-06, 04:08 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by 92 SC400
I cant believe the past couple pages; absolutely hilarious. I didnt know Lexus owners were so arrogant until 10 minutes ago... Why do we argue about .2 seconds in the 1/4? How practical is that number for most daily drivers who are buying these cars? Im not totally sure, but I dont think the 58 year old women across the street from me who just got an IS350 cares much about 1/4 mile or 0-60. I bet she does care though that the car is quiet and rides very well... These arguments are such moot points as we see IS350s running mid-low 13s in the 1/4 mile, however, I dont think we've seen those types of numbers in magazine reviews. So give the G35 some time to prove itself before you definitively say which is clearly faster. Let give G owners a chance to run their new cars and see some time slips.

I dont really like the argument of the reliability of the IS being superior to the G's because the fact is we just dont know. We dont know how well made the new G is, so to say that the IS is more reliable than the G is a big assumption. We know Lexus/Toyota in generally are pretty much the most reliable, and the IS is probably no exception. However, with the G, the previous generation was pretty reliable and what makes us think it hasnt improved any? I dont think many people had serious reliability issues with the Gs. The resale value issue is a non issue. We dont know, as with the reliability, how the G will fair. The previous G did fairly well with its' resale value, so how do we come to the definitive answer that the new one will not have equal or greater resale value than that of the past generation G?

As stated numerous times before, both are great cars and great alternatives to the 3 series. However, each will attract it's own type of buyer so I think in the end the actual consumers will decide which is the better car/better value. Not us nor a magazine, but rather sales numbers will prove imo which car people valued the most.
Pot calling the kettle black. Please do not say Lexus owners are arrogant when the same can be said the other way around. This is a Lexus forum. If this conversation was on a Nissan forum it would be the other way around

Old 10-27-06, 04:21 PM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ewg751
Heres the answer to your "Intelligent Push start key" answer:

"The 2007 G35 Sedan remains a showcase for Infiniti’s technology and engineering leadership with the available advanced technologies that include RearView Monitor, touch-screen, Infiniti Navigation System with voice recognition, Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC) with Preview Braking, Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS), Infiniti’s Intelligent All-Wheel Drive system - ATTESA E-TS (Advanced Total Traction Engineering System for All Electronic Torque Split) - and 4-Wheel Active Steer. Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition comes standard on all 2007 G35 Sedan models."
So basically Infiniti is stating two different things. In the press release for the price they say its included with the Premium package on the Journey model and one place they say it std. on all cars. So dont get mad at me cause infiniti messed up not my fault. At least Lexus gets there info correct another reason i like them better theyre not stupid.
Old 10-27-06, 04:30 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

I never saw where Infiniti got it wrong. You got it wrong. MSMLexIS, I am gonna ask you nicely. To Tone it down some. You are obviously biased towards the IS and you have shown that. No need to bash the G35 anymore.
Old 10-27-06, 04:39 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

This is right out - getting to be a flame thread - I had no intentions of stirring this round and round - clearly they are both great brands - I should know best - I own both Infinti and Lexus.. Granted I haven't driven the new G35 yet, I don't know how much it improved - but judging from past experiences, accounts and personal experience - if you asked me which brand would I choose - I would choose Lexus first - this is my present opinion - I'm a fair person and when I drive the new G35 - and feel its a better car than the IS350 - I would amit that - I owned both so whats that matter to me?.. It would be great for Infiniti to surpass Lexus - it would raise the bar and then Lexus would have to do better (the benefits of competition) and bring out a better car.. and here we go again.. I say if you like it - buy it - you don't have to prove to anyone or justify your purchase.. Look at me - I love the G35 - bought 2 of them!! I love The GS400 had mine for almost 8 years now since new.. Last words -- Its all Good!!
Old 10-27-06, 04:59 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Pot calling the kettle black.
Right... I forogt, all previous posts were also unbiased... I dont think this thread serves much purpose anymore, why is it still open?

Quick Reply: Infiniti prices 2007 G35 at $31,450