Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti prices 2007 G35 at $31,450

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-06, 05:01 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 160 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by G35_TX
You obviously DO NOT LISTEN. This is hilarous. The IS350 didn't get a good time till it was broken in more. 250 miles is not broken in yet. Per the C&D:

"More impressive still, our G35 tester went to the track with fewer than 250 miles on the odo. That’s like putting an Olympic sprinter in the starting blocks in his street clothes. What’ll it do with a proper break-in? We look forward to finding out."

And here is the test on the IS350

"It also has 306 ponies from an all-new 3.5-liter V-6, enough to make 60 mph in 5.1 seconds and sear your quarter-mile in 13.7 seconds at 104 mph with a few flicks of the steering-wheel paddles controlling the six-speed automatic. Every other car here sucks its dust. Welcome to the most exuberant Lexus ever built."

So in reality it isn't that much faster and the g35 wasn't even broken in. So QUIT bashing the G35. Like 1Sick said, both are great cars. Both Equally as good.

NOT ONE IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER REALLY EXCEPT in pricing.
and Lexus sent them car with 10,000 miles? :-).
Not to meantion that those are MT numbers, not AT, so apples to apples, difference will be bigger.

In great scheme of life, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4 sec differences really dont matter.

But on these forums, it only doesnt matter when Lexus is Faster. If G35 did 5.0, we would have hundreds of Infiniti owners claiming how IS350 is slow.

:-).

And same goes for BMW fans - 335 Coupe - 0-60 in 4.9 and suddenly 5.1 is way, way too slow for IS350 with AT :-).
Old 10-27-06, 05:15 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The current G35 manual and auto run the same times. I doubt it will be much different in the new one.
Old 10-27-06, 05:20 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
This is right out - getting to be a flame thread - I had no intentions of stirring this round and round - clearly they are both great brands - I should know best - I own both Infinti and Lexus.. Granted I haven't driven the new G35 yet, I don't know how much it improved - but judging from past experiences, accounts and personal experience - if you asked me which brand would I choose - I would choose Lexus first - this is my present opinion - I'm a fair person and when I drive the new G35 - and feel its a better car than the IS350 - I would amit that - I owned both so whats that matter to me?.. It would be great for Infiniti to surpass Lexus - it would raise the bar and then Lexus would have to do better (the benefits of competition) and bring out a better car.. and here we go again.. I say if you like it - buy it - you don't have to prove to anyone or justify your purchase.. Look at me - I love the G35 - bought 2 of them!! I love The GS400 had mine for almost 8 years now since new.. Last words -- Its all Good!!

Thank you Don. Clearly a man OWNING two (And hell I have seen both in person, not some guy hiding behind a keyboard) would know the pros/cons of both very well. Thank you for your input.

Originally Posted by 92 SC400
Right... I forogt, all previous posts were also unbiased... I dont think this thread serves much purpose anymore, why is it still open?
If you have any issues, the rules are to protest them in PM. PM a mod/super-mod or admin.

This thread serves a purpose and I am trying to guide it towards sanity the best I can. I or the moderator time will decide when it should be closed.
I never saw where Infiniti got it wrong. You got it wrong. MSMLexIS, I am gonna ask you nicely. To Tone it down some. You are obviously biased towards the IS and you have shown that. No need to bash the G35 anymore.
If you have any issues, the rules are to protest them in PM. PM a mod/super-mod or admin.

This is a LEXUS forum, clearly we will try our best but OWNERS will be biased to what they OWN. Your tone is now out of line.

Now can everyone step away from the keyboard and relax.

Old 10-27-06, 07:04 PM
MikeSC4
Driver

Just to clear up some things. The intelligent key is standard on the base G. If anything go to the website and check the spec sheet. It doesnt get any clearer than that.

Both cars are fast. It doesn't matter if one car is .1 sec faster, bottom line is stock for stock neither car will "smoke" the other.

Why buy the G over the IS other than the price? How about a 6mt. Some enthusiasts will not drive an auto. Handling. I think the G is closing the gap on the 3er in this department. Can anybody really say the IS has better handling with a straight face? I've driven the IS at Taste of Lexus... and all I gotta say is that its a Lexus . Soul. The IS is quiet and muted. Some people like that. But for those requiring a more sporty ride the G has the exhaust note.
Old 10-27-06, 09:46 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
And Lexus fans and Lexus are not complaining about charging a higher price as most of us do believe it is worth EVERY PENNY. Seeing they are also the best selling brand 6 going on 7 years in a row, the price must be right
Infiniti does not have the luxury of charging as much as the tier one brands, they know this and have been very successful with the G35 and M35/45 pricing below the competiton.
Lexus WAS the same way but their managment really had just tremendous vision of where they saw the brand. Thus you now have not just an expanded Lexus lineup but we are seeing the most expensive Lexus ever produced! Loaded at $94,000 LS 460 L. And the $100,000 Lexus is coming with the LS 600L h!
Well put Mike. If Infiniti and Lexus were priced more closely, no one would buy the Infiniti. It's the only way Infiniti can survive and they clearly know it. Infiniti is producing better products these days and they're a good value for that price point, but I'll take a Lexus over Infiniti any day.
Old 10-28-06, 01:30 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Now can everyone step away from the keyboard and relax.
Please take this to heart guys. Both IS and G are nice cars. Some drivers will like one while others will like the other. Nothing wrong with it. If you own one of these, enjoy it. There is no need to defend your decision to own the car. Just go for a drive and enjoy it while letting your fellow enthusiast enjoy his/hers.

Discuss if you must but please tone down the jabs.
Old 10-28-06, 06:19 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never saw where Infiniti got it wrong. You got it wrong. MSMLexIS, I am gonna ask you nicely. To Tone it down some. You are obviously biased towards the IS and you have shown that. No need to bash the G35 anymore.
Im not biased i like infiniti but they only have two products i like the FX and the G35 coupe. The new G35 is ugly and the IS is still faster. So you get what you pay for i just see the IS as a better value but maybe its just me but theres more to value than price.
Old 10-28-06, 07:01 AM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Well put Mike. If Infiniti and Lexus were priced more closely, no one would buy the Infiniti. It's the only way Infiniti can survive and they clearly know it. Infiniti is producing better products these days and they're a good value for that price point, but I'll take a Lexus over Infiniti any day.
I agree to an extent. I know that hands down Lexus has better reliabilty, and imo, much more luxury. While Infiniti tends to pack a lot of tech into their cars it always seems peicemeal. There are only a few brands where the interior really "coddles" you, Lexus, Audi, and some higher end brands. The fit and finish of Lexus' are without question some of the best in the industry - but in this case I am going to again say "different strokes for different folks", when I bought both my G coupe and sedan had the IS300 or now the IS350 been prices the same I'd have still bought the G's. Why? I liked the cars despite their shortcomings. I loved the design, I loved the engine, I loved the chassis and heavy steering, so I was willing to overlook the absolutely mediocre interior, some rattles, and poor mpg.

So ya, you may take a Lexus over an Infiniti at the same price any day, and so mich most people, but I don't think *everyone* would. (FWIW, I agree that Infiniti needs to price aggressively to sell in great enough numbers, but I think if they were priced in line with Lexus they would lose more sales to BMW than Lexus, just imo of course).

Originally Posted by MSMLexIS
Im not biased i like infiniti but they only have two products i like the FX and the G35 coupe. The new G35 is ugly and the IS is still faster. So you get what you pay for i just see the IS as a better value but maybe its just me but theres more to value than price.
Ugly is subjective. I think it's ugly too, but a lot of people don't. And fwiw, again, speed isn't everything. I've never been a mag racing 0.1 touting junky. I've always contended there is much more to the way a car drives than it's straight line acceleration. The IS a magnificent car, but the G may offer something in the way of drivability that it does not.
Old 10-28-06, 09:08 AM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MSMLexIS

Still at it I see. Others already told you it is not faster. .1 is not faster. Until you can actually prove the IS is a better value to us, it is still not.
Old 10-28-06, 09:23 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Oops i forgot to read your sig. Noticed youve never owned a Lexus so you cant take in to fact the higher resale value the improved reliabilty or the better customer service. Also the prices for the G35 dont include the 700 dollar dest charge nor have we seen what options are on the G35 there may be additional stuff thats std on the IS thats opt. on the G35. When the infiniti site is updated ill have more info to prove my case. Oh and im not biased.
Old 10-28-06, 09:27 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,367 Posts

MSMLexIS, G35_TX, you two please knock it off and make this an impersonal discussion about the G35 and not the people talking about the vehicle.

This warning will not be repeated and we'll begin to use the suspension feature of this forum.

Moderators have already asked repeatedly that this thread remain civil.
Old 10-28-06, 09:32 AM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

Dave no problem. I am done.

Btw I did own a RX300.
Old 10-28-06, 10:22 AM
HemantS
Driver

I've sifted through all the nonsense and summarized as follows :

Size : GS > G35 > IS -> I do need a decent back seat, IS doesn't provide!
Style : GS > IS > G35 -> Infiniti has come a long way but this is my preference, don't argue, it's subjective.
Performance : G35=IS > GS
Luxury : GS > IS > G35
Handling : G35 > IS > GS
Value : G35 > IS > GS (this is the biggie, the price of the infiniti really is a wow)
Interior : GS > G35 = IS (subjective again)
Overal Brand : Lexus > Infiniti

One other thing, no IS350 AWD, that's a booboo for Lexus, also no GS460AWD. Makes me sad!
Old 10-28-06, 05:12 PM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

"Value" is a subjective figure as well IMHO. Anyone have pics of the new coupe?
Old 10-28-06, 06:44 PM
MrSilvia
Driver School Candidate

I wonder what the new production coupe will look like compared to the concept coupe??? I hope it loses the point in the middle of the front bumper.

Quick Reply: Infiniti prices 2007 G35 at $31,450