Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

thinking about trading in my GS

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-06, 05:46 PM
GSnewbie41
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinking about trading in my GS

for a porsche...i just heard one in first gear driving across my beachfront house.....sounds nice!!!what do u guys think?
Old 10-25-06, 06:12 PM
knicker
Pole Position

this post is kind of funny.....are you trying to brag a little bit????? what type of car are you looking for? a porsche a lexus are on totally different ends of the spectrum.
Old 10-25-06, 06:15 PM
IS_250
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by knicker
this post is kind of funny.....are you trying to brag a little bit????? what type of car are you looking for? a porsche a lexus are on totally different ends of the spectrum.
haha.. or the fact that his house is beachfront.
Old 10-25-06, 06:43 PM
Cut-Throat
Lead Lap

Well you won't have to worry about the ML option in a Porche Those things are so noisy that you could not hear a boombox in one.
Old 10-25-06, 06:51 PM
RandalR
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GSnewbie41
...i just heard one in first gear driving across my beachfront house.....
Did your house suffer any damage?
Old 10-25-06, 07:13 PM
GSnewbie41
Driver School Candidate

hmm maybe i can just wear ear plugs when i drive?
Old 10-25-06, 08:40 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Cut-Throat
Well you won't have to worry about the ML option in a Porche Those things are so noisy that you could not hear a boombox in one.
Definitely not true. Porsches have gotten quieter and quieter with every model revision because of strict European noise restrictions. They are in fact so quiet now that one of the chief complaints of most late model Porsche owners is that the exhaust is too quiet. One of first mods done by most guys is an aftermarket exhaust. It was the first thing I did on my 996 and again the first thing I did on my 997S. Also, contrary to what you would think, 997s come with some pretty decent systems these days. My 997S has the Bose option and surprisingly, it sounds pretty damn good. It actually has a sub that hits harder than the ML sub in my GS.
Old 10-25-06, 08:56 PM
GSnewbie41
Driver School Candidate

haha cut throat
Old 10-25-06, 11:45 PM
bcz i can
Driver School Candidate

keep the GS... put a couple of baseball cards in your spokes ... you can find some at the beach front liquor store.
Old 10-26-06, 01:55 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

i heard that ML is one of the best factory systems available...while Bose isn't that good...just cuz of the name...

ooo....and I would like to get a Porsche...but maybe later...lol...I want the 911 turbo...or whatever number they call it now...hehe...gosh...that is the first exotic car I will want to get...lol
Old 10-26-06, 10:43 AM
knicker
Pole Position

I was reading another post that this guy resoponded to about age....he started talking about being a 26yr old attorney. My step dad is an attorney and just from the little bit that I know about this guy they are the same. Attorney love to talk about themselves.

hey bro congrats on your first year of being an attorney and congrats on making 140k your first year. How was college? personally i barely graduated high school now I manage a mortgage company and made 265k my first year. If you want to brag you are in the wrong place bro..... come on now. And by the way im 22 yrs old, get some.....
Old 10-26-06, 01:59 PM
okcfunky
Pole Position

Eh, they are pretty good on performance. Sound system in the 996TT (2002) had some wicked bass though for stock, great rock sessions in those. Unless you go for GT3 or GT2 (GT3's are sold out for at least next 6 months, The RS's are already all spoken for last I heard), you won't have distinguished yourself from your comrades. Now those sound good, so do CGT's, love seeing those running around and at the track.

But which Porsche would you trade for? Because only a true baller would go for at least a 997 Turbo :sarcasm:
Be careful, bragging will surely you get knocked a peg, at least at my college there is always someone with a way nicer car.

Last edited by okcfunky; 10-26-06 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10-26-06, 06:22 PM
GSnewbie41
Driver School Candidate

knicker:

hey bro congrats on being a manager and congrats on making 256k your first year. How was college? personally i barely graduated high school now I am an attorney and made 140k my first year. If you want to brag you are in the wrong place bro..... come on now. And by the way im 26 yrs old, get some.....
Old 10-26-06, 06:29 PM
knicker
Pole Position

that was cute....im sure it took you a few minutes to think of that one. how the beach house? I would be more than happy to look at the loan you currently have and see if I could save you money so you can afford that porsche
Old 10-26-06, 06:49 PM
GSnewbie41
Driver School Candidate

paid cash...im a first year lawyer but i actually worked for 5 years (i graduated college early and started early) working for a mortgage company, and made over 300k my first year. I actually decided to go to law school b/c 1)got a full ride and 2) i wanted to find something more intellectually stimulating and challenging no offense but that is the truth. =)

Quick Reply: thinking about trading in my GS