Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

SELOC co-hosted a track day today...SICK on snow tires=14.72 at 96mph

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-06, 02:13 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Threxx
Is your GS430 stock? My 99 GS400 ran a best of 14.7 @ 97 at Memphis motorsports park in about 75 degree weather and high humidity (very cloudy sky we thought we'd get rained out).
My car was 100% stock power wise... just had front and rear lower chassis braces, 6-piece rear susp bracing kit, f&r strut tower bars and daizen f&r sway bars.

So basically it was stock power-wise with 70k miles and the only good the mods did for a 1/4-mile run was weigh me down.

I did run on Bridgestone Turanza LS-V allseason touring tires, though... 16" wheels.
Stock, I do have the L-tuned exahust.

Originally Posted by gavron1
Ok first batch of pics are loaded here..compliments of Jaime (jaimecbr900)

http://www.seloc.net/modules.php?set...bum.php&page=1

Here's a sample

Last edited by LexFather; 02-06-07 at 10:57 PM.

Old 11-06-06, 02:31 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was pretty happy in all. If the tranny would've shifted like it should, I would've definetly gotten my goal time this time. The temps were perfect for us FI guys.

Great event and enjoy the pics.

Nemesis is a good buddy of mine and he takes incredible pics. I'll post some of his when I find them. I wasn't too happy with mine because I seemed to always be on the exact wrong side of the track compared to the bright sun. Oh well, we had a great time anyway.

P.S. Huge props to the AMG and 3SM folks. They came out in full force and brought the goods to boot. It was totally amazing watching AMG after AMG belting out 12's and 11's. It was truly impressive. Major props to those guys. Classy folks with impressive rides.
Old 11-06-06, 02:31 PM
LexFather

Old 11-06-06, 02:37 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by jmecbr900
I was pretty happy in all. If the tranny would've shifted like it should, I would've definetly gotten my goal time this time. The temps were perfect for us FI guys.

Great event and enjoy the pics.

Nemesis is a good buddy of mine and he takes incredible pics. I'll post some of his when I find them. I wasn't too happy with mine because I seemed to always be on the exact wrong side of the track compared to the bright sun. Oh well, we had a great time anyway.

P.S. Huge props to the AMG and 3SM folks. They came out in full force and brought the goods to boot. It was totally amazing watching AMG after AMG belting out 12's and 11's. It was truly impressive. Major props to those guys. Classy folks with impressive rides.
Dude, your pics are fantastic to me

Old 11-06-06, 02:38 PM
LexFather

Now we had some surprises show up. Mercedes brought their AMG drivers and a new CLS 63 AND E63 to the track!! My bud and I had a friend who brought his newly acquired Audi RS6 to the track!!

A G-wagon 55 came as well, with some Kleeman mods.

Its funny b/c the track is in south Georgia and some of the people are looking like "Mercedes"?

And the look on EVERYONE's face when that G-wagon did a no joke
12.75 1/4 was PRICELESS. The guy was running high 12s all DAY. I talked to the tech lady at the front and she said

"I saw the SUV and was like, why is that here, it is going to be the slowest car here" and my floor hit the ground when I saw his time

We also had a SRT-8 Cherokee come out and do low 13s

Old 11-06-06, 02:39 PM
LexFather

The RS6 had a best time in the morning of a 13.5 at 106 MPH. Not bad, the car didn't even have a tag, he just got it.

There was a E39 M5 there with color coded 20" A/C Schnitzer spilt spokes (looked great), I think his best time was a 13.5 in the 1/4..

The Benzes, wow, these guys were THE COOLEST, I mean ******* out their Benzes. Even a S550 with 22" wheels was out there.

We had a Quick 8 and a Benz SL 65 came in 2nd with a 11.55 in the 1/4. He did have legal drags (funny but his drag whee is a SSR wheel, I would like those as my ONLY wheels) at I think 125mph....

There were maybe 6 SL 55/65s there, just doing high 11s, low 12s ALL DAY LONG every time.

The E55s and E63 were impressive as well. I spoke to the Benz drivers and they were happy with the 12.6 the new E63 was running.

My GOD that car, IMO is just gorgeous (and the E55). Talk about form fitting seats.

Old 11-06-06, 02:39 PM
LexFather

The 3000GTs/Stealths were fast too, some modded ones in low to high 11s. One shop car from 3SX did a 9.68 in the 1/4!!! wow!!

Our winner was a 280Z Datsun swapped out with a Vette motor, a 10.4.....(gonna have to change the rules).

A mazdaspeed 6 did a 13.8 in the 1/4 stock!!

A stock IS 350 did a 13.7 stock!!

Old 11-06-06, 04:16 PM
LexFather

Old 11-06-06, 07:13 PM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just wanted to chime in with Mike. I went to the track also and had a mega blast. Yes I ran the GS430 with the stock 16's as you can see in the pics. I didn't want to burn up the 19's. I ran a best of 14.62 and I was still spinning out 15/20 feet. After I kept running 14.6 consistantly I started working on my R/T times. I had a .004 best, two times; I'm going for the tri-fecta .000...and yes the GS is stock except for the gears and exhaust. I guess that would explain the constant spinning huh?!

The cars that came out were crazy. The AMG's came out and just dominated the whole day. There was a convertible Maseratti that ran oo. I thhink he was in the hi 12's or low 13's. I have some video of some burnouts. I'lltry to puts some links of some of the runs I captured.
Old 11-06-06, 07:15 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Lexizm
I just wanted to chime in with Mike. I went to the track also and had a mega blast. Yes I ran the GS430 with the stock 16's as you can see in the pics. I didn't want to burn up the 19's. I ran a best of 14.62 and I was still spinning out 15/20 feet. After I kept running 14.6 consistantly I started working on my R/T times. I had a .004 best, two times; I'm going for the tri-fecta .000...and yes the GS is stock except for the gears and exhaust. I guess that would explain the constant spinning huh?!

The cars that came out were crazy. The AMG's came out and just dominated the whole day. There was a convertible Maseratti that ran oo. I thhink he was in the hi 12's or low 13's. I have some video of some burnouts. I'lltry to puts some links of some of the runs I captured.
It was awesome running against you, even though I lost everytime I was running 14.8s and higher against you. But its PROOF that the lower gearing of your car works!! Your wife was a huge help too, tell her it is appreciated!

Its always funny to see peoples reactions when they see Lexus at the track!

Old 11-06-06, 07:19 PM
LexFather

Thats me!!!!

Old 11-06-06, 07:39 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave may have to update some of the times on his board.....
Old 11-06-06, 09:27 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,369 Likes on 1,554 Posts

Jaime good to 'see' ya. What were your times?
Old 11-06-06, 09:27 PM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
It was awesome running against you, even though I lost everytime I was running 14.8s and higher against you. But its PROOF that the lower gearing of your car works!! Your wife was a huge help too, tell her it is appreciated!

Its always funny to see peoples reactions when they see Lexus at the track!
I had a lot of fun too. I love seeing their expressions too especially when the Lex wins or pulls down 12's like Mr. Jaime here .
Old 11-07-06, 03:42 AM
LT. LEX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
U know I lit them up (hopes Lt. Lex isn't reading)

Ha ha, too late! Don't worry about the tires. Hopefully when I get back I won't need snow tires. Man, it looks like you guys had a good time. It'll be interesting to see what modifications happen over the winter. 13 by spring ?

Quick Reply: SELOC co-hosted a track day today...SICK on snow tires=14.72 at 96mph