Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Funny Ford commercial...I need this mod!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-06, 11:38 AM
Kepeli
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny Ford commercial...I need this mod!

Not sure if this has been posted but I sure would like this feature on my Lex!

http://www.killsometime.com/video/video.asp?ID=123
Old 11-09-06, 12:22 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The bird deserved it. They're evil creatures that crave your blood...
Old 11-09-06, 12:39 PM
Kepeli
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
The bird deserved it. They're evil creatures that crave your blood...
Ford has another commercial for that vehicle with a cat but I was afraid to post it and upset cat lovers, obviously nothing was hurt in the commercials. It's a shame they can not run commercials like that in the states without causing an uproar. Even those VW commercials with the people getting into accidents caused some problems because of their "shock value". The funny thing is...if you ever saw the car insurance commercial where the squirrel jumps out in front of the car, the car swerves and crashes and the 2 squirrels high five each other. You can show commercials of people getting hurt but can't show any commercials of fake animals getting hurt.
Old 11-09-06, 12:43 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

The Sportka actually doesnt look half bad for a ford, it would be good competition for compact cars here like the xA or other small rides....yes that demon car has a mind of its own
Old 11-09-06, 01:45 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kepeli
Ford has another commercial for that vehicle with a cat but I was afraid to post it and upset cat lovers, obviously nothing was hurt in the commercials.
I've seen the one with the cat. We own a cat (that BTW is spoiled rotten!) but I thought the commercial was great. Quite realistic looking when the cat's head just pops off and falls inside the car .....maybe I just like watching sadistic, cruel, and gruesome scenes...Bwaaaahaaaa!
Old 11-10-06, 12:59 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Kepeli
Ford has another commercial for that vehicle with a cat but I was afraid to post it and upset cat lovers, obviously nothing was hurt in the commercials. It's a shame they can not run commercials like that in the states without causing an uproar. Even those VW commercials with the people getting into accidents caused some problems because of their "shock value". The funny thing is...if you ever saw the car insurance commercial where the squirrel jumps out in front of the car, the car swerves and crashes and the 2 squirrels high five each other. You can show commercials of people getting hurt but can't show any commercials of fake animals getting hurt.
i think i saw it before. but i don't see this one being any better for those who take things too seriously. these are just commercials, it's about creativity and putting impressions on people, i think this is pretty funny
Old 11-10-06, 05:19 AM
MadMax96
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't view the video from work, but if it's the one where it smacks the bird with the hood, that's been around for at least a year or two - I've had it saved on my hard drive for a while now.

The cat one I haven't seen - post it up!! (preferably on youtube so I can view it!!)
Old 11-10-06, 04:23 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

welcome to 2006

lol
this one is like a repost of a repost of a repost of a repost...

imagine if the hood malfunctions when u are driving on the highway and pops up like that
lol
Old 11-10-06, 06:19 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,465 Likes on 1,617 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i think i saw it before. but i don't see this one being any better for those who take things too seriously. these are just commercials, it's about creativity and putting impressions on people, i think this is pretty funny
Maybe we should make one with a baby instead of a cat or bird then and see if people take it 'too seriously'. It's easy to make 'jokes' about defenseless animals.
Old 11-10-06, 08:54 PM
94lex83457
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Maybe we should make one with a baby instead of a cat or bird then and see if people take it 'too seriously'. It's easy to make 'jokes' about defenseless animals.
I think baby jokes are pretty funny, and the bird one was hilarious. I didn't really like the cat one (mainly becuase I was told it was real.)
Old 11-10-06, 10:22 PM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Who remembers that one vid of that kid that decided to jump on the hood of cars....then he jumps on the hood of an RX300, and the guy in the RX guns it then slams the brakes?

This would've came in handy.
Old 11-12-06, 10:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i happens to have pets as well and i take animals seriously. it's just commercials