Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Did anyone watch Fox News 2day? One of the Big 3 to kick the bucket soon..

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-06, 02:12 PM
Kepeli
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Onelove
The new Tundra is going to put a SERIOUS hurting on Ford. They are already in trouble and rely quite a bit on the F150 and fleet sales to help keep afloat, this new competition in their bread and butter is going to be very tough on the brand if they don't diversify.
I wouldn't say a serious hurting. The option is there but Toyota is blowing it with the new Tundra plus the truck market imo is a loyal market. Toyota said they had the option to tune new Tundra to 450HP but they waited to see what the other trucks were going to be so they could tune it just above theirs. If they released it with HP well above the others then they could crack that loyal market.
Old 11-20-06, 10:09 AM
SteVTEC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Pimp350
I think Ford should go first!!

Only because they produce useless **** of S*** and don't realize that market nowadays calls for fuel efficient cars. Not producing bigger and bigger and bigger SUVs.
Hello and welcome to 5 years ago. Now they have the Fusion, Milan, Zephyr, and even the Five Hundred gets 29 mpg hwy. There's the Focus which has always sold well - it's one of the most popular domestic compacts out there. Then they have the Edge crossover vehicles coming. The Europeans LOVE them too. If you want to talk about any domestic company ignoring smaller and more efficient vehicles you need to criticize CHRYSLER. Ford is the BEST OFF between the three as far as efficient competent smaller vehicles. Meanwhile, DCX has been doing nothing but talking about their gas-guzzling HEMI cars the past year or two.
Old 11-20-06, 10:16 AM
SteVTEC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Incendiary
@ SteVTec: I think the Neon replacement is the Nitro...
I finally saw one again. It's the Caliber. The Nitro is YET ANOTHER fuel sucking SUV in the Chrysler lineup, this one a 5 passenger RWD based one with your choice of 18/23 mpg, or 17/21 mpg. Pimp350 take note.