Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe Spy Shots (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-06, 10:40 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Koma
honestly Nissan needs a FWD coupe to compete with Civic coupes, Scion tC and all the other small coupes.
They have the Sentra, which is intended to compete with the Civic and such. A 2-door Altima would be much more directly aimed at the 2-door Accord and Camry Solara.
Old 10-23-06, 01:05 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Threxx
Is anybody else having a hard time looking at this new altima coupe, the G35 coupe, the new skyline, and the 350Z and seeing enough difference in styling to honestly seperate four different models?

I understand that aside from the 350Z and G35, mechanically they are all very different cars (except for the skyline still sharing some chassis design with the G and Z, and the altima still sharing quite a bit of motor design with the G and Z), but just in looks alone, I honestly think if you put them all side by side in the same color and from a side profile from a distance, most non car enthusiasts wouldn't know which was which.
I am a car guy and Nissan/Infiniti literally has all their cars sharing an identical profile and look. Anything 2002+ looks identical to me.

Its like they only swap out headlights and tails.

Old 10-23-06, 02:02 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

interesting
i concur that it looks really nice but thats because its like a copy of G35 almost

im surprised there wasnt much rumour about this before and its going thru photoshoot already...
i guess it doesnt take much time to change the front grill from infiniti to nissan either
lol
Old 10-23-06, 03:14 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The rear window looks nearly identical to the G35 coupe. We'll see if this is actually put into production. Toyota is in the works of producing a Solara replacement BUT it won't be called the Solara. We can only hope it'll be RWD :P
Old 10-23-06, 03:22 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The car looks good, as does the G35... I think with the popularity of the current G35 coupe, it isnt a bad idea to have an Altima coupe with similar looks to sell after the NEW G Coupe comes late in '07. The car would surely be cheaper than a G coupe and a nice alternative compared to other coupes in its class. So it may be a good idea, and maybe at the right time...? However, Id like to see it have a little more differeniation from the G Coupe, something so it doesnt look SO much alike. If this car does make it to the market and is priced right, they may sell a whole lot of these Altima Coupes...
Old 10-23-06, 04:36 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks exactly like the current G35 coupe but if the next G35 coupe looks like the coupe concept then I guess they won't look like each other very much anymore.
Old 10-23-06, 04:37 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am a coupe guy and usually, I believe the more the merrier. But a coupe that favors the G35 and has the same basic engine? Not sure I like that. My G all ready feels bastardized by the Pontiac G6. Maybe I'll get rid of the G and get the Altima.
Old 10-23-06, 05:27 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think Nissan is very smart in putting this together. They don't have anything in the 20-25k coupe market right now. Current Solara is not exactly physically attractive, and neither is the Accord coupe.

People love the looks of the G35 coupe, but not everyone can afford it. You can already imagine how well this G35-lookalike coupe will sell. Even though it might **** off G35 coupe owners, Nissan will make grips of money with this. If they already share so many parts, why not share blueprint too?
Old 10-23-06, 05:33 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I am a car guy and Nissan/Infiniti literally has all their cars sharing an identical profile and look. Anything 2002+ looks identical to me.
This, unfortunately, has recently applied to a lot of second-rate interior parts as well.
Old 10-23-06, 05:38 PM
Koma

Originally Posted by Threxx
They have the Sentra, which is intended to compete with the Civic and such. A 2-door Altima would be much more directly aimed at the 2-door Accord and Camry Solara.
They have a two door Sentra?

You're right about the Altima competing with the Accord and Camry though.

Originally Posted by mmarshall
This, unfortunately, has recently applied to a lot of second-rate interior parts as well.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by nextourer
The rear window looks nearly identical to the G35 coupe. We'll see if this is actually put into production. Toyota is in the works of producing a Solara replacement BUT it won't be called the Solara. We can only hope it'll be RWD :P
Well if it's a Solara replacement it won't be RWD. It will be Camry based.
Old 10-23-06, 06:20 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Koma
They have a two door Sentra?

You're right about the Altima competing with the Accord and Camry though.
No, I wasn't saying they have one - I was saying if they wanted to compete with the Civic coupe, and such, they'd make a 2-door Sentra, not a 2-door Altima.
Old 10-23-06, 06:55 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by GlobeCLK
I think Nissan is very smart in putting this together. They don't have anything in the 20-25k coupe market right now. Current Solara is not exactly physically attractive, and neither is the Accord coupe.

People love the looks of the G35 coupe, but not everyone can afford it. You can already imagine how well this G35-lookalike coupe will sell. Even though it might **** off G35 coupe owners, Nissan will make grips of money with this. If they already share so many parts, why not share blueprint too?
Great post. With a bunch of UGLY cars/coupes around, this thing does look identical to the G35, which means, it looks damn good.

It will sell like HOTCAKES.

Old 10-23-06, 08:54 PM
shyguy16
Lead Lap

Good to see nissan design a nice looking 2door where honda (Accord coupe) and toyota (solara) couldn't.
Old 10-24-06, 05:19 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Great post. With a bunch of UGLY cars/coupes around, this thing does look identical to the G35, which means, it looks damn good.

It will sell like HOTCAKES.

AS much as I hate to admit it.... I would buy it.... Cheap and good looking and hopefully will retain the altimas 3 seater back seat...

AS much as I love the GS coupe, the lack of a "middle" seat for a parent is a big disadvantage
Old 10-26-06, 11:47 AM
typeshblue
Driver

heard about the coupe rumors couple of months ago, the altima coupe should be out somewhere around march, heard it from the big boss

Quick Reply: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe Spy Shots (merged threads)