Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Teen Who Hit SUV With Eggs Slain

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-06, 11:45 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^

dude, im taking a guess that u dont have kids
and for sure i hope you dont plan on having any either because i dont want to see news about daddy shoots son in the head w/ M4A1 for making a mistake

Last edited by UberNoob; 12-04-06 at 11:48 PM.
Old 12-05-06, 12:54 AM
ninous26
Driver

Wow! Thats insane... My friend was bragging to me about how him and others rolled a bowling ball down one of the busiest roads in the city and how it caused an accident... thats worth shooting someone, but eggs?? Damn!
Old 12-05-06, 01:40 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,998 Likes on 2,422 Posts

Gene pool -1. Lesson by direct observation. Is it extreme? Yup. Did the shooter really mean to kill? Probably not, but maybe, depends on the 'hood. Did the kid mean to egg the car without regard for what might happen? Yup, no doubt.

If some kid had played a prank on someone's horse 100 years ago, do you think the consequences might have been pretty severe? Yup. They hanged people for stealing horses. Sure cut down the horse thief population. Only the really lucky ones survived. That natural selection thing is a real tough one to beat.

Sorry, no sympathy. It never occurred to me even during my teenage years, to egg anything/anyone. I'd've got the *** whooping of my life first for vandalism and second for wasting the eggs. These things are seen differently when you're from a farm. One of my strongest memories from the farm was this - kill it quick before it breeds. You surely don't want another one like that. City people just can't get a grip on that concept, but it's applied on the farm every day.
Old 12-05-06, 05:50 AM
dreyfus
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

What we have here are two stupid people - the kid throwing the eggs (and no, reamemiya, he DID know better, and let's not justify his actions by saying he had "social problems"), and the driver who shot the kid (who will probably be caught since they found the car).

What a sad waste of life! Both families will now be without their loved ones, one permanently and the other probably for many years.

Those of you who think shooting someone for egging your car should lobby your lawmakers about making it a law. Since we are supposedly a nation of laws, then the death penalty for egging should be on the books, right? I mean, if this isn't reasonable and civilized, then just up and personally shooting the egger definitely isn't reasonable.

To those who think a death penalty law for egging is a good thing, I have nothing to say, other than with a bar set so low (and good law enforcement) you yourselves would never have lived to age you are now.

To everyone else, you should decide what type of person you are and how you'll behave before a crisis occurs. Otherwise, you'll be making a crisis decision in the midst of the crisis (usually a bad decision) instead of simply continuing to be who you are when the crisis arises. Of course, if you decide you're a hot tempered and vengeful person, the crisis decision is a no brainer...

It's called character, and neither of the people in the news story had it.
Old 12-05-06, 06:15 AM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UberNoob
^^^^

dude, im taking a guess that u dont have kids
and for sure i hope you dont plan on having any either because i dont want to see news about daddy shoots son in the head w/ M4A1 for making a mistake
M4A3 actually .... an no I do not shoot kids nor will I ever....

I shoot bad guys that try to harm "innocent" kids.
Old 12-05-06, 06:48 AM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Joking aside, the person who shot the kid should be caught as
soon as possible and put away for a VERY long time. This is a
dangerous individual if he is going to snap like this everytime he
gets angry.

The other side of the coin is that punk kids like this should also
be hunted down by the cops and made to pay damages and a
HUGE financial fine (maybe 5K). If someone gets hurt or killed they
should be caught and tried for attempted murder (I think most states
do this anyway for people throwing hazardous objects).

If someone egged my LS600hL or my CL65 AMG I would be highly
PO'd, but I still wouldn't shoot anyone...
Old 12-05-06, 07:04 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Picture this...

You're leaving the dealership now driving the car of your dreams. The kind of car you've wanted for decades but never thought you'd one day be able to own. Finally you could get it. You had to wait 3 months for the order, and amazingly, you're now driving it home. It's beautiful. It's magical. It's a reward for all your hard work. It's exciting. You laugh as you drive it, hardly believing you've now got it.

You pull up to the stop sign. Seemingly out of nowhere several teenagers appear, yelling things you can't quite hear, their arms wildly flailing, and before you know it, splat, crack, splat, splat. Several eggs hit the shiny new paint and glass. Some runs down the windshield. Through the smear and shells you see the teenagers laughing, jumping up and down, and beginning to turn and go away. You're in disbelief.

How do you feel? What do you do? What should you do?
Oh yeah, well I could give you some new suggestions for how and where to wire that gadget up of yours to shock some sense into you for trying to justify this madness.

Take your first paragraph and apply that diatribe over a material object to an infant, all those adjectives and more are used to describe the experience of bringing home a baby, even one who over years grows up and does some realy stupid things like throwing eggs.

Get an insurance policy, it covers vandalism, and get a new attitude before you end up in prison as some big ugly dude's hoochie momma who keeps calling you Sinead or Annie, as in Lennox if the hair is lighter.
Old 12-05-06, 07:51 AM
Milla...

I agree that both of them are very stupid the kid and the guy. I mean this guy killed a young kid for crying out loud and for something this guy probably did himself as a kid if not worse. Now he's probably going to serve 25 - life in prison over an egged car thats totally fixedable. Depending on how old this guy is, he'll never have the pleasure of driving a nice car again or enjoy the pleasures of life in freedom. He ruined his own life over some punk kid. Yeah I would be highly po'ed too but not to the point to where I would carry out something that could lead to my imprisonment where's the sense in that. Theres tons other things I enjoy having and doing in life thats more important then defending my ever depreciating car to that degree that I will one day get rid of anyway.

Lets see choice one

My grossly depreciated Hummer is egged by stupid kid + me killing or severly injurying to hospitalization = Major Prison time hence losing literally eveything i.e. job/ cars/ home/ relationships etc. oh and freedom not to mention your manhood/ womenhood.

Choice two:

My grossly depreciated Hummer is egged by stupid kid + me calming down controlling my anger, if possible follow kid have parents pay for damage in 3 weeks time I'm back in my truck continuing to enjoy my freedom with my cars/ home/ relationships / family etc. without worring about being beaten and rapped everyday of my life in the pin. Hmmmmm decisions decisions....

Last edited by Milla...; 12-05-06 at 07:56 AM.
Old 12-05-06, 10:55 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Shawnmack
Man what college did you play at with that much speed and size you had to go to a d-1 school
I did... and lost eligibility embarrasingly because I didn't follow the rules... Kickboxing professionally while on scholarship....
Busted on ESPN.... enough said

BTW... I feel bad for both victims in this situation... IMO the man who shot the youth probably did so out of pure rage or bravado... Very sad.... I think of my own sons when hearing stories like this...
Old 12-05-06, 10:59 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by silversprucesc3
I did... and lost eligibility embarrasingly because I didn't follow the rules... Kickboxing professionally while on scholarship....
Busted on ESPN.... enough said

BTW... I feel bad for both victims in this situation... IMO the man who shot the youth probably did so out of pure rage or bravado... Very sad.... I think of my own sons when hearing stories like this...

Ok, we have inquiring minds, some of us do anyway.
What did you do, caught on ESPN?
Old 12-05-06, 11:46 AM
SDLexus
Lead Lap

While I won't speak on whether the punishment was deserved all I'll say is that the kid brought this on himself.
Old 12-05-06, 11:48 AM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

"OMG, i'm so sorry to hear that your son passed at such a young age. How did your son die?"

"He got shot when he egged some thug's car."

"..."

I don't have any sympathy for the kid. But I do feel sorry for his parents.
Old 12-05-06, 12:10 PM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ChronoJ1
"OMG, i'm so sorry to hear that your son passed at such a young age. How did your son die?"

"..."

Chrono... come on bro... you must have some level of sympathy for the kid? Most of us have done some rather stupid things as kids. Some like myself have done worst things than egging a car. I thank God everyday for continuing to give me life even though at times.. I was undeserving...
Old 12-05-06, 12:20 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ChronoJ1

"..."

the proper response would be..."He got murdered for throwing eggs at some thug's car"
Old 12-05-06, 12:29 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by IronCobra
M4A3 actually .... an no I do not shoot kids nor will I ever....

I shoot bad guys that try to harm "innocent" kids.
thats good but does that mean ull start shooting those molesting popes?
lol
ok i better stop this commentary before i get into trouble

i agree that egging a car is wrong and it is something that i would have never done, i was a good kid when i was young and learned to behave myself

but there are bad kids out there and while some are extremely evil in their nature, most are just out pulling pranks without thinking much of the consequences
killing them is a very bad way of teaching them a lesson
how can dead ppl learn?

Quick Reply: Teen Who Hit SUV With Eggs Slain