Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Teen Who Hit SUV With Eggs Slain

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-06, 12:35 PM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL..... With all this shoot em' up bang, bang stuff I thought I was on Supraforums for a minute....
Some of these responses are surprising from the CL crowd... Maybe its the thought of someone damaging the Lexus
Old 12-05-06, 12:39 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Problem with this country is that criminals arent punished severely enough. Boo hoo they have to go to jail for some time after stealing a car or mugging someone. They should bring some Middle East punishments overhere, people would definately think twice before stealing. Hmmm is this car worth me having my hands and feet chopped off for?
Kids should not be allowed to get away with acts like these either. If you raise your kid right and tell them this kind of crap is no good and then tell them what can happen to them if they try it, more than likely the kid will take what you said to heart.
I feel no sympathy towards the kid at all. He got what he deserved.
Old 12-05-06, 01:00 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jewcano
Problem with this country is that criminals arent punished severely enough. Boo hoo they have to go to jail for some time after stealing a car or mugging someone. They should bring some Middle East punishments overhere, people would definately think twice before stealing. Hmmm is this car worth me having my hands and feet chopped off for?
Kids should not be allowed to get away with acts like these either. If you raise your kid right and tell them this kind of crap is no good and then tell them what can happen to them if they try it, more than likely the kid will take what you said to heart.
I feel no sympathy towards the kid at all. He got what he deserved.
We already have laws on the books that cover both acts and don't need to import any bizarre practices from elsewhere.

One law covers the murder of the kid and other law covers the kid's actions.

There is no death penalty for what the kid did, and we did away with cruel and unusual punishment a long time ago, and cutting off limbs would fall under the cruel and unusual.
Old 12-05-06, 01:01 PM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By no means do I feel a 14 year old kid deserves to be shot to death for egging a car, and I feel sorry for those of you who truly believe this is OK. If the government starting executing people for this and similar crimes would that be OK with you guys too?

I been egged before, took one to the chest from a moving car of high school kids, but I didn't pull out my .45 and start shooting at them but I do believe the laws should be much stricter for these crimes.
Old 12-05-06, 01:19 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

It's people who say that severe criminals should be able to get away crimes such as stealing or breaking and entering should be dealt with lightly are the reason our country is soo soft on punishment.

Criminals know that their punishment is not going to bring them phyiscal harm. You threaten them with having a hand or foot chopped off, i bet more than half of them will think about whether or not the crime they want to commit is worth it. At least an intelligent person can figure that out. We need to lead off of example. This kid, though however unfortunate it is some of you might say, should be put nationwide on the news, for all parents and other kids to see what can happen when they screw with the wrong person.

And no having a criminals hand or foot chopped off is not cruel and unusual punishment. What about all the taxes that come from us to give them free healthcare in jail, and also pay for their meals in jail. To me that is cruel and unusual punishment to the victims of our society such as us. We suffer more because we have to pay for them to stay in jail.......Where is the justice?
Old 12-05-06, 01:29 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,429 Likes on 1,592 Posts

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
Oh yeah, well I could give you some new suggestions for how and where to wire that gadget up of yours to shock some sense into you for trying to justify this madness.
I said I had no sympathy for the kid. I didn't say *I* would shoot anyone (I wouldn't), or that killing the kid was justified. My little 'story' was just that people can justifiably get very angry when others do something so reckless, inconsiderate and dangerous. Does it justify murder? No. But I just don't have sympathy if bad things happen to idiots. Have I done dumb things in the past? Yes (although nothing like this). And I knew I was *lucky* that bad things didn't happen to me either.

Take your first paragraph and apply that diatribe over a material object to an infant, all those adjectives and more are used to describe the experience of bringing home a baby, even one who over years grows up and does some realy stupid things like throwing eggs.
Just hypothetically - you're walking behind your baby in a stroller down the street and kids come out and throw eggs at the stroller and hit your baby. The baby is not really injured, but what would you do?

Again I'm not justifying violence, I'm just saying that if bad things happen to punks, I don't care.
Old 12-05-06, 01:31 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

It's people who say that severe criminals should be able to get away crimes such as stealing or breaking and entering should be dealt with lightly are the reason our country is soo soft on punishment.

Criminals know that their punishment is not going to bring them phyiscal harm. You threaten them with having a hand or foot chopped off, i bet more than half of them will think about whether or not the crime they want to commit is worth it. At least an intelligent person can figure that out. We need to lead off of example. This kid, though however unfortunate it is some of you might say, should be put nationwide on the news, for all parents and other kids to see what can happen when they screw with the wrong person.

And no having a criminals hand or foot chopped off is not cruel and unusual punishment. What about all the taxes that come from us to give them free healthcare in jail, and also pay for their meals in jail. To me that is cruel and unusual punishment to the victims of our society such as us. We suffer more because we have to pay for them to stay in jail.......Where is the justice?
Whose taxes are going to pay for the unemployment benefits of a one armed young man or woman or would you simply say let them starve? And can the parents of that child now go murder the murderer of their son?

The "wrong person" as you call them is a murderer who will spend his remaining days in prison for the murder of a kid, and over what, egg
throwing.

Yeah cutting off limbs is cruel and unusual in this nation and any other civilized, progressive nation of the world.

But then shooting a kid for egg throwing makes sense to you and pathetically it seems does to many others posting, so no question you would not agree limbs being cut off is cruel.
Old 12-05-06, 01:33 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SDLexus
While I won't speak on whether the punishment was deserved all I'll say is that the kid brought this on himself.
Eggsactly.
Old 12-05-06, 01:36 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

the proper response would be..."He got murdered for throwing eggs at some thug's car"
I'd say he took a chance to have some cheap fun at someone else's expense not knowing who was in the vehicle he chose, and he picked the wrong one and got murdered.
Old 12-05-06, 01:50 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Whose taxes are going to pay for the unemployment benefits of a one armed young man or woman or would you simply say let them starve? And can the parents of that child now go murder the murderer of their son?

The "wrong person" as you call them is a murderer who will spend his remaining days in prison for the murder of a kid, and over what, egg
throwing.

Yeah cutting off limbs is cruel and unusual in this nation and any other civilized, progressive nation of the world.

But then shooting a kid for egg throwing makes sense to you and pathetically it seems does to many others posting, so no question you would not agree limbs being cut off is cruel.
A few small errors. I'm not sure what you are talking about here
Whose taxes are going to pay for the unemployment benefits of a one armed young man or woman or would you simply say let them starve?
As for should the parents of the child who was murdered be allowed to murder the killer of their son, even when the whole situation was their sons fault, i'll leave that to you.

Thats liberal talk. Why dont we change their diaper too? Why not pamper all those who commit crimes? Cause apparently true justice just doesnt exist anymore. Now we give criminals time-out. Kind of reminds me of todays society with parents and their children. I see many parents who threaten their child by taking away their games or putting them in time out. Whatever happened to the good old days with the belt and the rear end? People learn much better through pain and suffering than they do with being told something or put in time out.

As for the last comment, i didnt say go out and shoot all the kids who egg your home, but telling them that is bad and they shouldnt do it wont do jack ****. You catch these children in those actions and beat them a bit might just teach them a lesson, and tell them if they do it again next time it will be worse.

The same idea applies to people who suffered from cancer and other sicknesses. If you go through the pain with that and make it out alive and well, you will learn to appreciate life alot more. But if someone tells you to love life for what it is, you will never quite appreciate it as much as those who have suffered.
Old 12-05-06, 02:16 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
I said I had no sympathy for the kid. I didn't say *I* would shoot anyone (I wouldn't), or that killing the kid was justified. My little 'story' was just that people can justifiably get very angry when others do something so reckless, inconsiderate and dangerous. Does it justify murder? No. But I just don't have sympathy if bad things happen to idiots. Have I done dumb things in the past? Yes (although nothing like this). And I knew I was *lucky* that bad things didn't happen to me either.

Just hypothetically - you're walking behind your baby in a stroller down the street and kids come out and throw eggs at the stroller and hit your baby. The baby is not really injured, but what would you do?

Again I'm not justifying violence, I'm just saying that if bad things happen to punks, I don't care.
I find it striking that you do have empathy, required to place yourself in the position of (murderer's) anger at being egged, but completely lack it and state no sympathy for a dead kid or his suffering as he died or the parent's anguish even and that would also require an ability for empathy in order to feel a level of sympathy that another human, in this case a kid, is dead.

The kid is dead, not in juvenile hall or jail which I could see one might claim no sympathy for about being in that plight over behavior and actions.

As for the baby stroller what if, no brainer I could not leave the baby unattended, would holler at the kid, likely want to take a belt to the rear of the kid doing it, would not though, if circumstances permitted would find the kid's parents to deal with their kid above and beyond them having experienced me dressing them down over the behavior.
Old 12-05-06, 02:41 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

The same idea applies to people who suffered from cancer and other sicknesses. If you go through the pain with that and make it out alive and well, you will learn to appreciate life alot more. But if someone tells you to love life for what it is, you will never quite appreciate it as much as those who have suffered.
WTF???? People do not need to experience such in order to love and appreciate life.
Old 12-05-06, 03:10 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

I'd probably vote that this gets moved to the Debate forum.

I don't think ANYONE here condones shooting someone over the stupid act of throwing an egg at a car. I personally feel the lesson here is that you take a risk of something bad happening to you if you do stupid reckless and thoughtless things.

These kids might have gone out and egged cars 99 times before. 99 out of 100 times they got away with it. The 1 time they didn't, someone got killed.

You play in traffic enough you’re bound to get hit by a car. Do I feel sorry for the kid? NO.... Also, as Bit stated, you have no idea what was going through the driver's mind.

What if he just got laid off, what if he was just hit with some REALLY bad news? Sure, a person who isn't going through any emotionally challenging times would probably get mad but shrug off the event after a few hours. Take someone who just had something traumatic happen and pull his last string.

= dead kid.

Do I condone the final action? NO... do I have sympathy for the kid? NO
Old 12-05-06, 03:26 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IronCobra
Do I feel sorry for the kid? NO.... Also, as Bit stated, you have no idea what was going through the driver's mind.

What if he just got laid off, what if he was just hit with some REALLY bad news? Sure, a person who isn't going through any emotionally challenging times would probably get mad but shrug off the event after a few hours. Take someone who just had something traumatic happen and pull his last string.

= dead kid.

Do I condone the final action? NO... do I have sympathy for the kid? NO
Wow, and the same could be said of the kid...start with ..what if his father just got laid off and continue with the same as above...

Gee maybe he had snapped and that was the reason he was throwing eggs is some claim that could be made if one also possed empathy for other than the guy who murdered him.

A lot of empathy and what if excuse making for the guy who murdered the kid and none for the kid. The contrast is striking.

There is no justification for what happened to that kid.
Old 12-05-06, 03:47 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Wow, and the same could be said of the kid...start with ..what if his father just got laid off and continue with the same as above...

Gee maybe he had snapped and that was the reason he was throwing eggs is some claim that could be made if one also possed empathy for other than the guy who murdered him.

A lot of empathy and what if excuse making for the guy who murdered the kid and none for the kid. The contrast is striking.

There is no justification for what happened to that kid.
It seams as if you completely disregarded the first part of my comment...

You could go on all day saying "what if" irrationally. My case makes much more sense and is MUCH more possible given the outcome. People need to be accountable for their own actions. This holds true for the shooter as well. Accountability comes in many difference forms. The driver needs to spend time in jail (perhaps a very lengthy sentence). Perhaps kids will walk away with the thought that if you do something as stupid as throw eggs at someone's car, it could cost you your life. Why not teach them that lesson while you are teaching them that playing with Guns can cost you your life? Parenting has much to do with this also.

Last edited by IronCobra; 12-05-06 at 03:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Teen Who Hit SUV With Eggs Slain