Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Honda Accord Coupe Concept @ Detroit (Sedan rendering pg. 8)

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-06, 07:53 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrUnBiased
Well if you want to get silly and talk about concept cars, then the Acura Advanced Sedan is the answer. Where was Lexus's answer to the NSX? See how stupid that sounds?

I won't even BEGIN to go further on this. knihc2008 and Gsteg have already summed it up for you.
LF-A supercar is more than an answer to NSX

And it looks nice, but let's see the front. Also, I'm not too sure it will actually have quad exhaust, and I don't really like those square taillights.
Old 12-05-06, 08:03 PM
DrUnBiased
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
LF-A supercar is more than an answer to NSX
Although it is a good answer almost 20 years later, I wasn't being serious. I'm sure you get my point though.
Old 12-05-06, 11:44 PM
F1Driver
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

Well if you want to get silly and talk about concept cars, then the Acura Advanced Sedan is the answer. Where was Lexus's answer to the NSX? See how stupid that sounds?

I won't even BEGIN to go further on this. knihc2008 and Gsteg have already summed it up for you.
You kidding me? The Acura Advanced Sedan is the answer to the IS-F? Sorry, that fugly Acura is not a working prototype like the IS-F, aka IS500.

TRDFantasy have already summed it up for you about Lexus' answer to the NSX.

I guess Acura will never be in the same league as Lexus.
Old 12-05-06, 11:55 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

The LF-A is not the answer to the NSX, considering the NSX has been discontined already and the LF-A has not even started production yet. And it's certainly not an answer considering its 17 years late. Lexus has never produce a car that comes remotely close to the NSX's ability on the track. I dont think anyone here can deny that seeing how the NSX holds up very well to many exotics of today.

The Acura concept car reference isn't the answer to anything. It was sarcasm to help explain how senseless it is to compare a car that hasn't been out yet, to a car that has been long gone.
Old 12-06-06, 12:56 AM
ninous26
Driver

Ya really guys... your making arguments based on cars that do not exist(LF-A, IS500) Until they come out, I ****** on those cars.

I like how this thread immediatley turns into an Acura vs. Lexus thread.
Old 12-06-06, 01:34 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
The LF-A is not the answer to the NSX, considering the NSX has been discontined already and the LF-A has not even started production yet. And it's certainly not an answer considering its 17 years late. Lexus has never produce a car that comes remotely close to the NSX's ability on the track. I dont think anyone here can deny that seeing how the NSX holds up very well to many exotics of today.
Not only that, they are two completely different types of vehicles. The NSX was a mid engine RWD car. the LF-A is a front engine RWD car. Both are in different segments. The LF-A is more of a GT Super Car.

If the rumor of the front engine RWD NSX replacement car comes true, than you can say the LF-A is the answer to the G2 NSX, or the G2 NSX is the answer to the LF-A. Whichever comes out first
Old 12-06-06, 04:59 PM
LexFather

Guys, let's get back to the Accord.
1. It won't look close to this, Honda is ALWAYS giving us jaw dropping drawings and then the actual production car comes and its "oh, okay" bland.
2. The current Accord coupe, IMO, is a very good car for what it is. The interior is very well done. I can see how the Accord coupe is a blend of Prelude and Acura CL in one.
3. I would like to see maybe SH-AWD and TLish styling on a future Acura CL coupe for the 35k range, that would be cool.
4. The IS-F does exist

Old 12-06-06, 05:07 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

If they make this into production, I'll be lovin honda again
Old 12-06-06, 06:08 PM
DrUnBiased
Pole Position

Unlike most other manufacturers, Honda Prodcution Concepts are usually VERY close to production specs. This has been the case in the past and I don't expect it to be any different with the Accord, minus the huge rims and quad exhaust. Then again, what concept car DOESN'T have huge rims and wild exhaust systems?

MDX Concept

RDX Concept

RL Concept Drawing

TL Concept

Civic Si Concept

The pattern shows that the concepts are pretty much production ready. The production Accord will look closer to this sketch than not.
Old 12-06-06, 07:37 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exactly what I've been saying, DrUnBiased, except I was too lazy to pull up all the pictures
Old 12-06-06, 10:14 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by ff_
Too bad that the final product won't look anything like that.
Well, I hope not.....at least for an Accord. That car posted in the picture, with its chopped roof and inch-off-the-ground ride height, looks more like a hardtop replacement for the S2000 than an Accord.
Old 12-06-06, 10:44 PM
ninous26
Driver

I am willing to bet 100 bucks that the actual accord won't come with that glow as seen in the pic.
Old 12-07-06, 08:00 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unlike most other manufacturers, Honda Prodcution Concepts are usually VERY close to production specs. This has been the case in the past and I don't expect it to be any different with the Accord, minus the huge rims and quad exhaust. Then again, what concept car DOESN'T have huge rims and wild exhaust systems?

MDX Concept

RDX Concept

RL Concept Drawing

TL Concept

Civic Si Concept

The pattern shows that the concepts are pretty much production ready. The production Accord will look closer to this sketch than not.

I disagree with one.... AS mentioned earlier the CL coupe concept was amazing. (Anybody able to find it?)
It reminded me of the accord drawing above.. When the production CL was released it was bland...

We shall see
Old 12-07-06, 08:22 AM
LexFather

Well that and outside the TL, none of those cars are production styling "wow's".

Old 12-08-06, 03:05 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What car in this class isn't FWD?

Anyways... Rumor has it that Honda has a surprise for us under the hood.

Also, not digging the Scion tC tailights.
You know that surprise is gonna be the RDX's 2.3 litre turbo engine which probably means they're dropping the V6? Hmm... that would be a first. No V6 family cars lol.

Quick Reply: Honda Accord Coupe Concept @ Detroit (Sedan rendering pg. 8)