Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota to introduce new line of hybrids - sedan,station wagon,minivan & diesel hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-06, 01:32 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think toyota should reserve a new brand name for their hydrogen fuel cell cars in the future

keep hybrid in the toyota brand as it isnt ground breaking enough that it would require a new identity to differentiate itself

almost everyone in NA know what hybrids are now

btw i think the complain about space is more specifically aimed at the trunk space
the trunk space in GS450H is really tiny
not something i can live with, id rather get a sports coupe if i dont need the trunk space
Old 12-29-06, 02:41 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JZA80MHU38
It has something to do with the "cool factor". A lot of potential customers out there think driving or owning a hybrid vehicle is "cool", while they don't really know (or care) much about how much gas money they can save or how it's better for the environment. These people want their hybrid vehicles to look different than other cars on the street. A hybrid Camry or RX or Accord or Civic won't satisfy their needs.
Very true.

It's a big reason the Prius is so successful. While Hybrid versions of regular cars are much less popular. When someone see's a Prius, they know exactly what it is and that it is THE hybrid car. With all other hybrid's currently out, you have to look for the "hybrid" badge or the different wheels.