Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

1000hp Supra...with a twist

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-07, 06:02 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks crazy with those headlamps... I can't quite put my finger on what car they are from... but knowing Top Secret, they are probably custom. It does sound very tame and very civilized, but, I'm sure that this thing is still in its infancy. I'm sure that this was just to get it done for TAS and then they go back and see how far they can take the engine and turbo set-up. I'm not really diggin' the body kit, but I tell you what... that placement of the radiator and then the air routing for it is SHARP!
Old 04-07-07, 08:25 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Koma
Well weak that it was originally planned to make 1000hp. I don't understand Japanese so it could be running low boost.
Top Secret is known for being ridiculous but this doesn't honestly stand out. The same guys who were making 720HP from a 3SGTE?
I did some searching, medium boost it's making ~800hp. The current setup, is meant to be more street-able. So, c'mon already Top Secret, go all out. Max boost. make some serious power.
800HP on medium boost is pretty good. If Top Secret says it's capable of 1000+ HP, I'll take their word for it.
Old 04-08-07, 02:25 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dunno, I seem to like cowboy bebops build over on SF of the V8. Way more work going into the motor IMO
Old 04-14-08, 06:50 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

News Release - Top Secret V12 Supra Does 222MPH At Nardo Ring in Italy

Apr 11, 08

As the President of Bulletproof Automotive, a proud sponsor of the Top Secret V12 Nardo Surpa project, I’m pleased to give this exclusive update.

The word is in that the Supra did 222MPH (358km/h) on the ring, putting it deep into super car territory on the proving ground that has tested so many super cars in the past.

This result is the conclusion of the first phase of the car which has taken nearly a year and a half to build. The purpose built Supra is unique in many respects. For starters, it is balanced in tuning philosophy with a creature comfort level exceeding most tuned cars and full street legality intact. Fully capable of being daily driven, the Supra uses a V12 powerplant from it’s Toyota cousin the Century. The V12 engine which was originally tuned in OEM form for low horsepower but strong torque to move the heavy VIP Century has been rebuilt from the ground up by Smoky to produce a hair under 1000hp with the assistance of twin turbochargers.

The Supra features a wide menu of tuning parts from Top Secret including the revolutionary on the fly height adjustable cup kits with Top Secret’s super damper suspension and of course the final evolution widebody kit by Top Secret.

The Supra was Smoky’s answer to the void that the current lack of a modern Supra left. A result of a man with little patience and nearly unlimited talent, this car was the second in a series of street legal cars that was designed to send a strong message to the OEMs about what he thinks they should be building for enthusiasts. The prior car of course being the Top Secret V35 GT-R, a car that filled the void years back of there being no new Skyline GT-R Model. That car featured a G35 Coupe (Skyline Coupe) body with a V8 engine from the Q45/Cima twin turboed with 800 or so HP. That car famously ran 211MPH (341km/h) on the German autobahn and is also driven daily in Japan.

What is next for Top Secret…nobody knows. But as usual the job I have of running Top Secret’s international distribution means that I’ll be right on top of it and reporting the news to you all!

All the best from Top Secret III and Bulletproof Automotive!

- Ben

*source
http://www.bespokeventures.com/blog/?p=542

Last edited by Seize; 04-14-08 at 07:28 AM. Reason: added source
Old 04-14-08, 07:02 AM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Cripes! 222MPH?!

Old 04-14-08, 04:14 PM
wolverine
Lexus Champion