Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura 'Advanced Sports Car Concept' Debuts at North American International

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-07, 10:42 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Technology wise I have little doubt that this car will perform great. Just like I have no doubt the LF-A performance will be great. That is why I question this type of car coming from Acura being placed head to head with another Japanese competitor like the LF-A. The only way I see it being a great success is if it cost $30K less than an LF-A and other competitors. The size doesn't really concern me as small GT car or large GT car both the LF-A and ASC seem to be that that, a GT car. If Acura surprises us all and this car really does under cut the competition in MSRP by a good margin, I'd take it all back. That would be a great move. However, if this car lists anywhere near $100K, I just don't understand why Acura would want to compete in that segment when they could have easily cornered the $100K mid engine exotic car market and again have something that no other company had unless you wanted to drop down another $100K.

About the V10. I rather this car have a V8 and be priced no higher than $70K with 350-400HP than to have this car have a V10 with 500+ HP costing $100K.
Not sure what Acura is thinking recently. They are all OVER the map
TSX-4 cylinder
RDX-4 cylinder turbo
TL-V-6
RL-V-6, no V-8 option
MDX-V-6, no V-8 option
NSX-V-10

The Rl can't move a lick at 50k. The brand simply cannot convince people to drop serious coin on them. Since this will be over 50k, I fear it will sell poorly again. Competiton is thick!
XK-R
911 and all 20 varients, lol
Aston Martin V-8
M6
GT-R
Maserati coupe
AMG Benzs left and right CLS, SL, CL, CLK
Audi R8

Old 01-07-07, 11:13 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,453 Likes on 1,608 Posts

I think that's seriously hawt.
Old 01-07-07, 11:21 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
I think that's seriously hawt.
yeah, you like how the corvette looks

Old 01-08-07, 01:55 AM
94lex83457
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it looks more like the LF-A than a vette...I just scrolled after reading the article and the first thing that came to mind was Lexus knock-off.

It's too bad that Acura has forsaken the NSX tradition. I understand it's a concept but Acura won't build a new platform this far into the game.
Old 01-08-07, 03:26 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 94lex83457
I think it looks more like the LF-A than a vette...I just scrolled after reading the article and the first thing that came to mind was Lexus knock-off.

It's too bad that Acura has forsaken the NSX tradition. I understand it's a concept but Acura won't build a new platform this far into the game.
According to some, in fact one that predicted this very car since he knows the designer from the LA design team, there were two working prototypes of different designs. Both front engine though. This is one of them and probably the one that won out.
Old 01-08-07, 09:40 PM
Doc C
Lead Lap

This car should be called the CL. Or, they should go back to the Legend name IMO. The Legend was a great car, and that's when Acura truly built fantastic inspired automobiles. I'll never understand why they dumped the Legend/Integra name for RL etc.. I own a 2004 NSX and am glad to have one of the last great ones. Most on NSXprime think this car sucks!!! I have to agree. Acura has been trumped by Audi with the R8 and by Lexus with the LF-A. To me, those will be the best sports car/GT car combo out there in the 90-130K price point.

After all this time, to drop a bomb like this.....Mr. Honda is probably rolling in his grave!!!!
Old 01-08-07, 10:03 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Yea. If Mr. Honda was alive right now, he would be sooo dissappointed. C'mon Honda/Acura, give the consumers what they want..not what you 'think' they want.
Old 01-08-07, 10:11 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSteg
Yea. If Mr. Honda was alive right now, he would be sooo dissappointed. C'mon Honda/Acura, give the consumers what they want..not what you 'think' they want.
If Soichiro Honda were alive we would talking about the 3rd generation NSX right now and Ferrari would still be holding their breath.
Old 01-08-07, 10:30 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Being at NAIAS today covering the LF-A & IS-F release, I had a chance to see this car in person today, just across the way from the Honda Accord Concept. This car being the "exotic" that Acura has to offer...is not that exciting in my opinion. The front end sorry to say is boring, and it's profile is actually taller dare I say twice the height of the NSX. Although the car having or the illusion of having a wide stance, it's a big vehicle all around. In the rear, it does posess the previous CL's center pointed body line in the back. The car almost looks like a corvette in some angles, then a G35 coupe and of course the Aston. It's definely not a real NSX replacement in our eyes...but we'll just have to see what Acura does in the future.
Old 01-09-07, 03:47 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Someone on NSX Prime photoshoped this. Still a little awkward looking, but all of a sudden it actually looks like an NSX replacement. That is the direction Honda/Acura should have been going toward in the first place.

Old 01-18-07, 12:34 PM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

Default Acura Advanced Sports Concept at Detroit

According to the press release by Acura on what CEO Fujio and product speciliasts at Acura said, this is 90% production as is - the next NSX, which means SERIOUS business by Acura. This car was just plain sinister and syck, and had so much of local tv news crew all over it doing segments live from cobo all over the public show days.
Attached Thumbnails Acura 'Advanced Sports Car Concept' Debuts at North American International-dsc00509.jpg  
Old 01-18-07, 12:35 PM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

Attached Thumbnails Acura 'Advanced Sports Car Concept' Debuts at North American International-dsc00510.jpg  
Old 01-18-07, 12:36 PM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

Attached Thumbnails Acura 'Advanced Sports Car Concept' Debuts at North American International-dsc00511.jpg  
Old 01-18-07, 12:37 PM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

Attached Thumbnails Acura 'Advanced Sports Car Concept' Debuts at North American International-dsc00512.jpg  
Old 01-18-07, 12:39 PM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

Attached Thumbnails Acura 'Advanced Sports Car Concept' Debuts at North American International-dsc00513.jpg  

Quick Reply: Acura 'Advanced Sports Car Concept' Debuts at North American International