Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official Sketch of 2008 Infiniti G35 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-07, 09:36 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by LexArazzo

source : motorauthority
Man............I wish they would paint cars the color of that FLOOR.
I've always had a thing for violet-purple paint jobs.
Old 01-11-07, 06:17 PM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
I expected this. Looks very similar to the current old G Coupe, just like the new G35 sedan looks very close to old G35 sedan. This also has a strong similarity to the upcoming Altima coupe. Personally, I don't think it's a good direction Nissan and Infiniti are taking, as a lot of their new models will look dated very quickly.
I dont know about the models looking dated more quickly. Even now, the g35 coupe doesnt look dated at all. The 03-04 G sedan looks dated to me but the revised 05-06 sedan doesnt. Also, the altima coupe may look similar to the G in pictures but in person, people have stated it looks nothing like a G. It looks more like a scion TC because if its size
Old 01-11-07, 07:09 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here we go again, someone proclaims a 4 year old design to be dated. I guess I will never understand that. Oh well, I digress. On to the thread topic.

I like the drawing and agree the new car looks very similar to the present car. Not really different enough to justify getting the new one imo...that's until I started getting the buyers remorse syndrome. After 6 months of G35 ownership, I love the power, the looks and the cool factor. The problem is the cost cutting measures that just scare me. I don't wanna invest tons of cash in a car that won't last long. I just had the rubber seals replaced around the door because water leaked into the car. A new car leaking! The glove box is so off line you can see the light that's on inside from the outside. The seat rocks and moves. It creaks too. There is some kind of popping sound from the right rear when making hard right turns real slow. The paint is thin. I could go on but you guys get the point. These are all common issues with the G. Mine aren't as bad as others. I'm hoping the new car is vastly improved quality wise. I don't care if it looks similar as long as the quality issues have improved. I absolutely LOVE the sweet VQ engine though. You forget all about the issues when you mash the pedal. It feels like an athlete, always ready to run. It's not an MJ but it is a first string player.
Old 01-11-07, 07:11 PM
Kamikaze2b
Lead Lap

That thing is sweet! I would seriously consider buying one except that the closest dealer is 100 miles away. Can you take an Infiniti to a Nissan dealer to have service done, or to perform recalls??
Old 01-11-07, 08:38 PM
rotaryrock
Pole Position

Man the concept G35 was SOOO much hotter than that sketch. This looks not too much different than the current one.
Old 01-12-07, 05:34 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What's weird is Infiniti manages to change every single panel on the car but it still looks similar. I guess I wouldn't mess around much with a successful formula either.
Old 01-12-07, 07:44 AM
Tekknikal
Lead Lap

well its a sketch. a g35 sketch probably wouldnt look as good as the real thing either.

for such a good looking car, what more needs to be done on the outside?

the big deal will be what's under the sheetmetal and what the is like. that's where infiniti needs to up their game.
Old 01-12-07, 07:59 AM
DallasLex
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=253732
The Sketch looks pretty close to the concept.
Old 01-12-07, 08:16 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

wonder if it will have a stronger engine over the sedan, it should
Old 01-12-07, 08:22 AM
Tekknikal
Lead Lap

^doubt it.
Old 01-12-07, 08:19 PM
Kamikaze2b
Lead Lap

I would seriously consider buying one except that the closest dealer is 100 miles away. Can you take an Infiniti to a Nissan dealer to have service done, or to perform recalls??
Bueller, anyone, anyone?
Old 01-12-07, 09:58 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
I expected this. Looks very similar to the current old G Coupe, just like the new G35 sedan looks very close to old G35 sedan. This also has a strong similarity to the upcoming Altima coupe. Personally, I don't think it's a good direction Nissan and Infiniti are taking, as a lot of their new models will look dated very quickly.
Can't say I agree with that... Other than the infinity symbol, the new G35s looks nothing like the old one. Looks much more like an M now, which IMO is not a bad thing.
Old 01-12-07, 10:10 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was an article that I read that was floating around somewhere, about how Nissan/Infiniti designs seem to have hit a brick wall between the new G and Altima. It noted that while the cars are all new, they look too much like their predecessors, especially to the untrained eye. Nissan/Infiniti needs to be more progressive with their redesigns IMO. No doubt the car is attractive, but I love the look of the new 3 Coupe and it certainly looks like a NEW car.

This, as well as the new G sedan, look merely like refreshes to me. Not bad, but not "all new" either. If anything, this should bode well for G's in the used market.
Old 01-12-07, 10:25 PM
Hypnotik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
wonder if it will have a stronger engine over the sedan, it should
The rumored 3.7L would be great. It could happen if the GT-R gets a 3.7L VQ