Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official Sketch of 2008 Infiniti G35 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-07, 08:05 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 224 Likes on 152 Posts
Default Official Sketch of 2008 Infiniti G35 coupe

This is an official sketch released by Infiniti that depicts the 2008 G35 Coupe. The sketch remains true to the previous concept car, pictured below, that appeared last year but with subtle changes mainly to the front air dam and nose. The hard edge of the concept car has been smoothed giving the car a softer appearance overall.

Nissan’s Design director Shiro Nakamura has also previously confirmed that the upcoming Infiniti G35/37 coupe will be very similar to the concept car shown last year, with the small exception of the pointed nose. He claims that Infiniti’s designs tend to be more rounded, and that “I think pointed is not our intention”.

Performance of the Coupe is likely to be even better than its sedan counterpart, which already manages to complete the 0-62mph dash in a brief 5.2 seconds. Late last year, Nissan trademarked the “G37” name in the US but there’s been no confirmation that a larger and more powerful 3.7L engine will replace the familiar 3.5L V6.
source : motorauthority
Old 01-10-07, 08:26 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Infiniti and BMW are giving the public at least sketches and concepts of their entry-level luxury sports coupes, why not Lexus with the IS-coupe?

C'mon Lexus!!! Tease us a little...
Old 01-10-07, 09:23 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

if it looks close to that then i think it's pretty slick
Old 01-10-07, 10:42 AM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Infiniti and BMW are giving the public at least sketches and concepts of their entry-level luxury sports coupes, why not Lexus with the IS-coupe?

C'mon Lexus!!! Tease us a little...
I thought BMW gave the public the finished version of their entry-level luxury sport coupe already?
Old 01-10-07, 10:45 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Incendiary
I thought BMW gave the public the finished version of their entry-level luxury sport coupe already?
Um yea.... the 3 series coupe is available to purchase...
Still looks too conservative. All the "new redesigns" coming from Nissan lately look more like refreshes.
Old 01-10-07, 03:21 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Agreed, looks way too much like the current car that has been around for what, four years?
Old 01-10-07, 03:31 PM
MrSilvia
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by diablo1
Agreed, looks way too much like the current car that has been around for what, four years?
Yup, and that's (current G coupe) still one of the best looking, if not the best looking coupes you can buy today. Even with a mild redesign, it will still be amazing.
Old 01-10-07, 03:41 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the idea of not too radical changes, but changes often. This G35 Coupe is very nice.
Old 01-10-07, 04:11 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Infiniti has a winning formula with the G35 coupe and nobody was really complaining about its looks so it is smart to leave the basic shape alone with just some minor updates. The interior is what really needed to be updated and improved which is what they are doing. It will have more power and should not be priced much higher and I think it will be another hit for Infinit.
Old 01-10-07, 04:17 PM
LexFather

We are getting all these debuts and we get a sketch? A drawing? It has been over a year since the concept no?
I do think it looks good for a drawing. I am sure the Skyline/G35c will continue to be a very good looking coupe.

Though will it be different enough from the new Altima coupe? Not sure why they made the Altima coupe look so similar to the G35

Old 01-10-07, 06:17 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Ya, the "concept coupe" was never officially slated as the G35 coupe successor, this sketch basically affirms that it will be. I don't think they need to do much to the design, it's a great looking car. What's important is what will be under the hood? If it's the same engine as the '07 sedan then I will be disappointed. They need either direct injection (doubtful) or a bump to 3.7L (probable).
Old 01-10-07, 06:44 PM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well if you were a G35c owner you might get mad that the design is so similar but yet it dropped your resale value.
Old 01-10-07, 07:25 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

The '07 sedan redesign hasn't dropped the previous gen resale value.
Old 01-10-07, 07:27 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

sorta reminds me of the RL front, not that theres anything wrong with that
Old 01-11-07, 09:34 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

I expected this. Looks very similar to the current old G Coupe, just like the new G35 sedan looks very close to old G35 sedan. This also has a strong similarity to the upcoming Altima coupe. Personally, I don't think it's a good direction Nissan and Infiniti are taking, as a lot of their new models will look dated very quickly.

Quick Reply: Official Sketch of 2008 Infiniti G35 coupe