Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

1SICKSTORY**Why I will never park next to someone again**

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-07, 08:29 AM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AJ
Damn , Deja vu . Note : NEVER EVER EVER park near a truck or an old car or cheap one , and always try to take the last spot(you know,where there is a curb next to it) so you can get near the curb and leave more room for stupid ppl .
I do this at work all the time, whether its in the parking garage or on the street, i park with maybe an inch or less from the curb *note i dont curb rash my rims * So i leave a good 2 or 3 foot gap for the retard to open their door.
Old 01-15-07, 08:33 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Well, it's not just car doors. Nuts falling off of trees, hailstones from storms, road debris.....many things can ding sheet metal. It's impossible, if you're actually going to DRIVE it, ( or even if it sits ) to protect a car from EVERYTHING. Even bras don't protect the windshield and upper hood....or the headlights.
Old 01-15-07, 09:58 AM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
I make sure are park far away from the masses, take up two spaces, or park near the hadicap like this guy next my car.

That's not far enough over, some ******* will still try to squeeze into it around here. Hey Sick, if that was me I know I would have lost my damn mind and put my foot in someones *** or at least a few times into their car. I had a guy pull up to my truck nose to nose and when I came out his front plate was literally pushed up into my bumper, backed up a few feet and got out to inspect, a few scratches so I grabbed the bottom of his plate and folded it upward, a couple wiggles and ripped it off his friggen bumper and left it laying on his front windshield. Wish I coud have hung around to see his expression.
Old 01-15-07, 10:09 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SCRUFFDOGG
I had a guy pull up to my truck nose to nose and when I came out his front plate was literally pushed up into my bumper, backed up a few feet and got out to inspect, a few scratches so I grabbed the bottom of his plate and folded it upward, a couple wiggles and ripped it off his friggen bumper and left it laying on his front windshield. Wish I coud have hung around to see his expression.
Wow..LOL
Old 01-15-07, 11:01 AM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

Wow..LOL
I wouldn't have been so pissed off if I had been close to the line but I was at least 2 feet back from the line, so this idiot not only crossed over the line into my space but then pulls up and hits my damn truck
Old 01-15-07, 11:48 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I stand by my assumption that people are idiots until proven otherwise.

For the most part, all they have to do is PAY ATTENTION to what they are doing.

I know it's difficult, what, with the cell phone in one ear, applying makeup while
reading the paper with the kids in the back seat watching TV. Driving and
parking is an unfortunate distraction to these mouth breathers. It takes
about 30-40 IQ points just to remember to breathe, so in many cases not much
brain power is left for other tasks.

I hate people.
Old 01-15-07, 12:03 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 472 Likes on 362 Posts

Last week at Walmart, a new Camry took two up spaces. When we returned in 20 minutes, the car was surrounded by shopping carts.

Bottom line for us, maintain lot courtesy and if there is no end space, we don't park. Plenty of alternatives considering what a ding costs to fix. In addition to the mental aggravation.

The odds are your nice car will get to sit next to the worst car and brain dead driver.
Old 01-15-07, 12:35 PM
dreyfus
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

That is outrageous (mis)behavior by that woman. I'm sure she hadn't a clue about what she was doing.

Stupid/careless people are everywhere and these attacks on our cars are inevitable. Parking in the far end of the lot will help, but there's no guarantee these days.

Taking up two spaces is begging for trouble. When parking is hard to get, people who take up two spaces invite damage to their cars by miffed shoppers looking for a space.

Maybe someone should make inch-thick pads that can be hung from our windows like tires from the sides of boats. Market them as No-Ding-Em.
Old 01-15-07, 12:39 PM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RA40
Last week at Walmart, a new Camry took two up spaces. When we returned in 20 minutes, the car was surrounded by shopping carts.
Reminds me of my favorite parking lot moment, i'm parked to the right of a soccer mom van, i'm walking out and she's finishing loading her van up, shuts the back, and rolls her cart to the side and gently nestles it against my car, so it won't roll away. My first impulse was to run up on her, but as she went around the back to the drivers side I calmly rolled the cart back over behind her van. I got in my car as she started to back over it, slams on her brakes like WTF. I gave her a honk as I pulled forward and left.
Old 01-15-07, 12:39 PM
DriftNsc3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Jewcano
I do this at work all the time, whether its in the parking garage or on the street, i park with maybe an inch or less from the curb *note i dont curb rash my rims * So i leave a good 2 or 3 foot gap for the retard to open their door.
I do this in my 95 subie and the best part is, I have a huge dent in my rear passenger door and dings all over it from the previous owners. I just don't wont any new ones.
Old 01-15-07, 12:51 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RA40

Same thing at a lot of supermarkets. That's because the store managers won't ENFORCE the no-carts-in the-parking-lot rule. That's what the store has paid employees for...I did it myself in my youth while working part-time. You're supposed to LEAVE the cart in front of the store, go get your car, come back, and have the loader do it for you....that's his JOB. But many people simply won't do this...and the managers don't enforce it. Years ago, the stores had closely-spaced bars in front that did not allow carts out, but that went out with the Americans with Disabilities Act...now they have to leave wide spaces, which people use to roll the carts out with.
In fact...it looks like Target and Wal-Mart may have given up, and are now puttting cart-collection sites in the middle of the lot.
Old 01-15-07, 01:13 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

I make sure are park far away from the masses, take up two spaces, or park near the hadicap like this guy next my car.
That's a great way for him to get his car keyed.
Old 01-15-07, 02:26 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Same thing at a lot of supermarkets. That's because the store managers won't ENFORCE the no-carts-in the-parking-lot rule. That's what the store has paid employees for...I did it myself in my youth while working part-time. You're supposed to LEAVE the cart in front of the store, go get your car, come back, and have the loader do it for you....that's his JOB. But many people simply won't do this...and the managers don't enforce it.
I've never seen this in CA, even when I worked at a market and brought in carts *ahem* a number of years ago.

Originally Posted by mmarshall
In fact...it looks like Target and Wal-Mart may have given up, and are now puttting cart-collection sites in the middle of the lot.
This has been at all the markets here in CA for a long time now.
Old 01-15-07, 02:52 PM
Supraristo
Lexus Test Driver

That happened to me one time. I got out and said to the guy, "hey, you just hit my car"....the guy replied, "it's just a car, damn people get so possesive". I then replied, paybacks a *****! He said "whatever" and walked away. When he went inside the store, I grabbed a loose cobblestone from the island and put a nice hole in the windshield of his brand new E55. That'll teach that rich *****. Bet he won't do that again.
Old 01-15-07, 02:58 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Neo
I've never seen this in CA, even when I worked at a market and brought in carts *ahem* a number of years ago.

This has been at all the markets here in CA for a long time now.
You "ahem" probably worked there before the A.D.A. was passed and forced stores to open up the front railings so that wide wheelchairs, motorized seats, etc......could pass through. That, of course, in itself , was a good thing for disabled people......and I'm not complaining about that....but it set the stage for many people, when store managers don't enforce the rules, to take their shopping carts out and leave them strewn all over the place...where they, of course, roll downhill right into people's cars..........the main subject of this thread.

Saturn used to get around this by building vehicles with the no-dent plastic body panels.....a terrific idea, but the paint could still be scratched, even if the panel itself did not dent. And, unfortunately, the bozos at GM management have since forced Saturn to discontinue the plastic bodies and sell what are essentially clones from other GM divisions.

Quick Reply: 1SICKSTORY**Why I will never park next to someone again**