Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

1SICKSTORY**Why I will never park next to someone again**

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-07, 07:28 PM
LexFather

Angry 1SICKSTORY**Why I will never park next to someone again**

Last night I had a lady friend take me out for my b-day at Garrisons at Perimeter Mall. I walked her back to her car and then I hopped in and she took me to my car. We ended up talking (seriously, I was just talking ) in the car when we both notice like 4 adults and 3 kids walking to our area. We are parked next to my car, which is on the passenger side.

So clearly this group is parked next to her (we are in a 2000 or so Camry) and next thing, we hear "BAM" and both look at each other, in surprise as one of the women just knocks into the Camry with her door. My lady friend says "wow, guess she didn't see us in the car" and we brush it off until

BAM

She does it again!

This is not even a small tap. I mean its like she is trying to push her door in the Camry! My date starts getting a little hot (not b/c of me) and I'm like "chill out, I am sure it was an accident"

WRONG. WRONG WRONG.

This #()$()#)( waste of life and should be next in line behind Saadam in the hanging department moves to the door behind us and no crap

BAM
BAM
BAM

I mean the CAMRY is shaking!! Now, she is putting the kids in the backseat and CLEARLY has no regards to property. We are now both in shock. I fly off the handle and get out the car and stand up "WHAT THE F--- IS YOUR F--K--G ISSUE DON'T YOU SEE A CAR"???!!! And the 2 couples stand there in shock. I approach their car (Buick Regal, like a 2000 or so) and state "Would you like me to hit your F--K--G car 6 times"???

The other couple walks off, they are parked about 4 cars down, into a new M35/45. The lady gets in her car real quick and the husband jumps in and they drive off.

I cannot believe, I am IN the car and witnessed first hand, peoples total disregard for property. I looked to see if my date parked on the white line and NO. She is parked pretty much in the middle.

We looked and it was dark so we couldn't tell if any damage (we did see a door ding) was there but I WILL NEVER EVER park next to people again. I will just go back to the old me when I parked 30 minutes away from everyone by myself.

It is very sad to witness, first hand, an ADULT do this.

Old 01-14-07, 07:33 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Wow that sucks. How could they NOT notice it. I hope karma kicks in.

I had a kid throw rocks at my car once. Darn 2nd graders.
Old 01-14-07, 07:46 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, that is terrible. I always try not to have more than one car
parked beside me because of this general lack of RESPECT.
Old 01-14-07, 07:48 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sad to say but some people are just like that. Nothing you can do about it. You may not park next to others but there is nothing to stop them from parking next to you.
Old 01-14-07, 08:04 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo
Sad to say but some people are just like that. Nothing you can do about it. You may not park next to others but there is nothing to stop them from parking next to you.
Yep, I'm serisouly thinking of never buying a "nice" car again, and just saving money and hassle with a good reliable car around $25k... My IS350 got egged on new years eve and while I was able to get it all cleaned off, it really bummed me out. I keep my car very clean inside and out and always get compliments on how clean it is, even though it's already over a year old. Unfortunatly, very few people have the respect for cars as us enthusiests do.
Old 01-14-07, 08:09 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Why didnt you just walk up to her car and kick it in the door a few times yourself? I would find that completely justified...
Old 01-14-07, 08:13 PM
ho0n
Pole Position

That really sucks. I feel your pain. In the city, people bump your car like crazy while they park. Just the other day, I was waiting at a stop light when I got bumped by some old woman who was parallel parking. She didn't even get out to say sorry. She just continued to park. There was no damage, thank goodness.
Old 01-14-07, 08:21 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You should've hit her car a few times with a heavy object, such as baseball bat, club, etc.
Old 01-14-07, 08:25 PM
e-man
Lead Lap

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

That's just plain ridiculous.

Here's the thing I don't understand. How is what this woman did any different than someone accidentally running into your car with their car in a parking lot? For some reason, society generally accepts this as "okay" or "not that bad" when, in reality, it can cause more damage than an accidental bumper tap. If that were me, I would have written down the license plate and filed a police report.

This reminds me of a funny story (not to make light of your story 1SICK). About 15 years ago, my mom was broad-sided on the passenger side of her MB 300E. The entire right side of the car was taken out, but the car was still driveable. It was a few days before she took it into the bodyshop, and I was out driving it around one night with a friend. We parked in a Walgreen's parking lot, and as we were sitting there, a car parked next to us on the passenger side. Just like you, we heard and felt this really loud "bang", and I jumped out of the car thinking that another car had just hit us. I looked around, but didn't see anything, that is, other than an old lady in a mid-70s Cadillac with her door basically stuck into the passenger side of my mom's Mercedes. So of course my friend, being the comedian that he is, jumps out of the passenger side of the car, looks at the woman, looks at the side of my mom's car, and says to the old woman "Oh my G-d, look what you did to our car!!!!" Thinking we were some kind of nut cases, she jumped back in her car and drove away.

Anyway, back to the original topic, this kind of thing is just so wrong. I feel it's no different than hitting another car while driving, and shouldn't be treated any differently. They damaged your car, they should pay to fix it. Period, end of story.
Old 01-14-07, 08:36 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by e-man
That's just plain ridiculous.

Here's the thing I don't understand. How is what this woman did any different than someone accidentally running into your car with their car in a parking lot? For some reason, society generally accepts this as "okay" or "not that bad" when, in reality, it can cause more damage than an accidental bumper tap. If that were me, I would have written down the license plate and filed a police report.

This reminds me of a funny story (not to make light of your story 1SICK). About 15 years ago, my mom was broad-sided on the passenger side of her MB 300E. The entire right side of the car was taken out, but the car was still driveable. It was a few days before she took it into the bodyshop, and I was out driving it around one night with a friend. We parked in a Walgreen's parking lot, and as we were sitting there, a car parked next to us on the passenger side. Just like you, we heard and felt this really loud "bang", and I jumped out of the car thinking that another car had just hit us. I looked around, but didn't see anything, that is, other than an old lady in a mid-70s Cadillac with her door basically stuck into the passenger side of my mom's Mercedes. So of course my friend, being the comedian that he is, jumps out of the passenger side of the car, looks at the woman, looks at the side of my mom's car, and says to the old woman "Oh my G-d, look what you did to our car!!!!" Thinking we were some kind of nut cases, she jumped back in her car and drove away.

Anyway, back to the original topic, this kind of thing is just so wrong. I feel it's no different than hitting another car while driving, and shouldn't be treated any differently. They damaged your car, they should pay to fix it. Period, end of story.
lol at your story.
I posted a thread in the 2GS forum, where basically recently my hood was indented by a truck with a hitch.

In my GS 400, i was pumping gas when I literally watch in amazement as a lady in a old Cutlas continues to back up until she hits my bumper. She was drunk.

Its amazing to me. Before I got into Lexus and had a cheap car, I still was mindful of hitting other cars. It is the PERSON. I cannot just damage someone's property like that.

Old 01-14-07, 08:52 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

It sucks, whenever I park I try and park next to expensive cars, Lex, BMW, MB, etc. I avoid minivans and American cars like a plague, their owners usually dont care or like cars in general, and consider it perfectly normal to slam into someone elses cars.
Old 01-14-07, 08:55 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

A lady tried to push my 10 day old 335i out of a spot the other day with her GL. She said she "didn't see it". Eh...I don't get people. So ya, I agree; don't park near anything, ever.
Old 01-14-07, 08:57 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

sorry too hear that dude.

when i park ... i usually tend to park like where no one is or atleast 3-5 spots from any other car.
Old 01-14-07, 09:18 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 96 Likes on 88 Posts

ehh, if u have comprehensive insurance just wait till u have enough dings in each door until its worth filing a claim.

iirc, the insurance companies cant raise ur premiums for vandalism. (at least in CA )

and park FAR FAR away.
Old 01-14-07, 09:32 PM
*wishlist*
Driver

this is one of the main reasons i don't like to drive my supra around often. i hate door dings! a couple of years ago i had all the door dings removed (paintless dent repair guy) and after a couple of months and a bit picky parking, i got a few dings. i sooo hate the dings!!! if i ever witnessed it happening, i don't know what i'd do. : mad :

Quick Reply: 1SICKSTORY**Why I will never park next to someone again**