Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Current Audi A8= Design Perfection

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-07, 11:08 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Richie
The audi A8/S8 looks great!!
I'd never buy one though........
Not even with special employee discounts ?
Old 01-17-07, 11:10 AM
Milla...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The audi A8/S8 looks great!!
I'd never buy one though........

And thats one of the many things that keeps it unique.
Old 01-17-07, 11:55 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexArazzo
Not even with special employee discounts ?
Lets just say I do not like the way Audi in general treats their customers.
Also the maintenance is crazy if you know what I mean (lets say it's no Lexus).

By the way employee discounts are laughable.
Old 01-17-07, 01:33 PM
Milla...

Lets just say I do not like the way Audi in general treats their customers.

You got that right, they had the nerve to offer me a blasted base model Golf as a loaner once, thank goodness I have other autos. To my advantage though the service guys are a bit flirtatious which takes some of the edge off.

My suggestion Richie is put on a cute dress, lipstick a Gucci bag and some stiletto's maybe then you'd have less issues.
Old 01-17-07, 01:43 PM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by mmarshall
That light wood color is unusual on German cars.........it is more typically found on Volvos. On Volvos it is called Birch Wood.

I agree the new A8 is a beautiful car, but IMO it would be a lot MORE beautiful if they would make the grille about half the size it actually is. These new Audi grilles, along with the MMI control, IMO, were both mistakes.
+1 I think the grille take away too much from the car.

If it weren't from the grille it'd be super sexy in my book. That is what turned me off about the A4 as well. Excellent car though.

Maybe I am just biased but in a large sedan I think the BMW 7 Series lines are the best with the Mercedes S and Lexus LS coming in second.

Last edited by IS_Mine; 01-17-07 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-17-07, 02:50 PM
CarlZ06
Russ Z don't come back

Nice, but this car is nicer. :P

Old 01-17-07, 03:07 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Milla...
You got that right, they had the nerve to offer me a blasted base model Golf as a loaner once, thank goodness I have other autos. To my advantage though the service guys are a bit flirtatious which takes some of the edge off.

My suggestion Richie is put on a cute dress, lipstick a Gucci bag and some stiletto's maybe then you'd have less issues.
Richie works for Audi in the Netherlands
Old 01-17-07, 04:18 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

i actually quite like the big grill but only if theres a license plate on it
it looks even better with euro slim license plates

Audi big grill gives them an unique identity

but i do hate that new V12 TDI Q7 they brought out
the front grill is simple puke...
looks like bovine super cows
lol
Old 01-17-07, 06:18 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

The S8 and the LS600hL are the two cars on my current short list. The S8, equipped the way I want it, prices out at $111K. It had better be a lot, LOT better than the Lexus to justify that price differential (I'm assuming the LS will come in just under $100K).

And I will admit that the single most compelling feature making me look at the S8 is that Bang & Olufsen audio system...
Old 01-17-07, 07:38 PM
mavericck
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Iceman
The S8 and the LS600hL are the two cars on my current short list. The S8, equipped the way I want it, prices out at $111K. It had better be a lot, LOT better than the Lexus to justify that price differential (I'm assuming the LS will come in just under $100K).

And I will admit that the single most compelling feature making me look at the S8 is that Bang & Olufsen audio system...
What about the handling, the brakes, the steering, and the all-around performance of the S8?
Old 01-18-07, 05:55 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

There are plenty of cars that outhandle, outbrake, outsteer, and all-around outperform the S8. Those factors are important, or else I would be looking at an A8, but they do not make me want the car. The B&O system does.
Old 01-18-07, 08:24 PM
LexFather

There are plenty of cars that outhandle, outbrake, outsteer, and all-around outperform the S8. Those factors are important, or else I would be looking at an A8, but they do not make me want the car. The B&O system does.
From my understanding when u start the car, 2 tweeters pop up, sweet! This audio system has gotten nothing but rave reviews.

http://www.motorauthority.com/cars/a...d-worlds-best/

Old 01-19-07, 11:57 AM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

[QUOTE=Milla...;2360866]You got that right, they had the nerve to offer me a blasted base model Golf as a loaner once, thank goodness I have other autos. To my advantage though the service guys are a bit flirtatious which takes some of the edge off.
QUOTE]

Now that you mention it, what's up with this? I thought maybe it was just that there are so few Audi dealers around here they figure it is to their advantage to be prickly jerks but evidently it's not just the guys out here. Before someone posts that there is some Audi dealer in upstate Montana that brings you flowers on Mother's Day, save your breath. The Audi dealerships I have within a reasonable drive all could use some "How to treat the customer" workshops. Of course, not taught by BMWNA.
Old 01-19-07, 12:57 PM
Milla...

[QUOTE=RON430;2365202]
Originally Posted by Milla...
QUOTE]

Now that you mention it, what's up with this? I thought maybe it was just that there are so few Audi dealers around here they figure it is to their advantage to be prickly jerks but evidently it's not just the guys out here. Before someone posts that there is some Audi dealer in upstate Montana that brings you flowers on Mother's Day, save your breath. The Audi dealerships I have within a reasonable drive all could use some "How to treat the customer" workshops. Of course, not taught by BMWNA.
Yeah I should of had a BF (see white chicks) ...But they probably would have just givin me a VW Bettle *sigh*
Old 01-19-07, 01:48 PM
mavericck
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah well, I'm talking about the combination of all of those things in big luxury car along with that fantastic B&O system (amazing system, I've experienced it and haven't heard a comparable system except for the one in my house). For me the complete package and the combination of everything I listed above among other things like looks, style, reliability, functionality, bad-weather usability, and quality (I didn't list everything cause I can't think of everything right at the moment) make a car attractive to me.