Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New Mercedes E-class SPY PHOTOS:

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-07, 03:47 PM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rsantiago
Hmm.. I don't know I've checked out my pops '97 E420 W210 and thus far it's holding out pretty well no rust spots, oh well it's probably because I live in California hehe.. .

I don't know if it's really 3 gen GSish, maybe in the headlights probably. One thing, I've always loved about the E-Class is the fact that it's quite roomy, and has a useable trunk space, for a midsized sedan.

Like, I said it'll be very interesting to see this E-Class dressed up with a AMG bodykit or Sports Package.
Don't we look forward to the sport/performance package of any car?
Old 01-24-07, 04:16 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RX_330
You didn't call it a 90's S-Class, I'll give you that, but you were calling the S old fashioned when it was designed 10 years prior to the release of first LS.
I know it was a model at the end of it's cycle and I don't discredit MB. In fact, I love Mercedes. It always makes me wonder though when people say Lexus is the copycat. If that was the case, then wouldn't the LS400 have looked like an early '80's car?

It's like saying the 1992 Dodge Viper copied the 1970's Corvette because it was curvy and had a long hood. There's just no comparison.
Old 01-24-07, 04:23 PM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JLSC4
I know it was a model at the end of it's cycle and I don't discredit MB. In fact, I love Mercedes. It always makes me wonder though when people say Lexus is the copycat. If that was the case, then wouldn't the LS400 have looked like an early '80's car?

It's like saying the 1992 Dodge Viper copied the 1970's Corvette because it was curvy and had a long hood. There's just no comparison.
I never said that the S copied the LS (not that you said that I said what I'm assuming you think I said).

I don't get where people got that the LS looked like the 126.
Old 01-24-07, 06:24 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lmao...this Ls/S comparison is funny
That first picture SCREAMS gs...
Im my opinion, the new MB designs don't looks as classy as the previous generation...
Old 01-24-07, 07:45 PM
LexFather

That is uglier than the new C-class.
Benz is going from the best looking cars to tying BMW for the ugliest ones.

Of course, people will say "oh my how different and shocking". Its like seeing a perfectly shaped turd. Still a turd.

Old 01-24-07, 09:15 PM
rsantiago
Pole Position

This reminds me of the first response when the spy shots of the W221 S-Class started popping out and how people thought it was hideous, now it's not as bad as we thought it would be, then again looks are subjective.
Old 01-26-07, 02:59 PM
@lpher
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mavericck
The old E-class never had an issue with rust (the entire car was galvanized), so I'm not too sure what you're talking about.
The last model seems to be rust free...for now... But im not holding my breath, for that one in the long run either...as i weekly see (my work is related to cars) 5-7 year old mb's that are nearly rusted through doors, rear hatches and even the odd front crossmember that is beyond repair...and thats not good enough from a company like mb. I dont know if this was ever a problem in the US (dif. rustproofing?), but there has been major negative press about this in most european countries...

Actually MB has allways had trouble with their rustproofing....ever since the W123 came out...and they invented a new "wonderous" rustproofing themselves..that STOPPED working after 2-3 years!