Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota Announces Prices for All-New 2007 Tundra Full-Size Pickup

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-07, 06:49 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
A quick assessment shows those prices are probably $2-3K more than Ford on comparable models. The Tundra's specs are impressive though, although apparently their frame is still not boxed. The looks are not a slam dunk I don't think and I still hate the interior.

It will no doubt have more of an impact than the weak previous Tundra but I don't expect a major dent simply because Toyota can't even make that many.

But competition is always good! The current F-150 has been out since late '03 I guess, so I'm sure a new one or big refresh is due soon. And since Ford is sticking the 6 speed auto in most everything else I expect it to be the standard trans on the next version.
what I found funny is that Tundra uses similar frame design that big trucks like F350 use... which is pretty funny.

I was checking on Tundra Solutions to see what real truckers thought about it, and that was one of the funny points - how apperantly so many fan boys and blog boys think that Tundra is weak, yet F350 uses similar design

:-).
Old 01-25-07, 07:23 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i saw a doublecab in orange county traffic and like marshall said it is big but not as big as i expect based on the pics...which is a good thing. it as big as the new silverados