Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

LS460 is on Speed Test drive

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-07, 09:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by GSsnarl
I can't get it to work!

Maybe someone can upload that video on "video.google" ??? If it's not too much trouble. Please
have you tried just opening my computer and then put in the ftp link at the top? then it should ask you for login and password. and then you can right click the file and choose "copy to"

that's what i did and it was fine. firefox and ie didn't work

and watched the video, very nice! love the driving part, although some of their conversations were too funny. i mean, why bother talking about how cool the nav is when you are doing performance driving @_@
Old 01-29-07, 11:09 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh noez don't take it down. LOL I can't DL 219 meg at work. LOL maybe if I said ti was a patch. :P
Old 01-29-07, 03:40 PM
GSsnarl
Pole Position

Rominl, I tried that and it didn't work; I also tried downloading it but it didnt work. This is the note I'm getting.

" Windows cannot access this folder. Make sure you typed the file name correctly and that you have access to the folder.
Details: The connection with the server was reset. "

The file name was typed correctly.
Old 01-29-07, 03:45 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i mean, why bother talking about how cool the nav is when you are doing performance driving @_@
Yeah,I thought that was interesting, too. They also said Lexus made the best navs hands down. Is that true. I have never even used a nav so I don't know.
Old 01-29-07, 03:47 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

I've used several differen't nav's from Lexus, Acura, BMW, Mercedes and Infiniti. IMO first place would be a toss up between Lexus and Acura followed by Infiniti, Mercedes and BMW.
Old 01-29-07, 03:52 PM
widlfiresd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ramon
I've used several differen't nav's from Lexus, Acura, BMW, Mercedes and Infiniti. IMO first place would be a toss up between Lexus and Acura followed by Infiniti, Mercedes and BMW.
I agree for the Nav portion only and while parked. However iDrive is so much more than just Nav and I believe for the iPOD, bluetooth, sat radio, car configuration, etc. iDrive beats them all.

Lexus bluetooth is the worst I have seen in the market. And the touch screen while nice at night, is a fingerprint/glare problem.

I guess all the systems have their benefits and drawbacks.
Old 01-29-07, 03:55 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

I as well as many others who don't like iDrive don't like it becuase of the "so much more" part. It does TOO much for one ****/button that BMW's are far less user friendly than their competition.
Old 01-29-07, 04:00 PM
widlfiresd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ramon
I as well as many others who don't like iDrive don't like it becuase of the "so much more" part. It does TOO much for one ****/button that BMW's are far less user friendly than their competition.
There are buttons and voice recognition available too I believe.

Like I said, everything has drawbacks. There is no perfect system. Lexus has glare, loss of use while driving, fingerprints, etc. But the Nav is nice.

Pick your poision. I just like to be objective.
Old 01-29-07, 04:02 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

I agree, that's one of the things I like better about the Acrua's nav. It's just as easy to use as the Lexus nav, but you can use it while driving, it also has more features then the Lexus nav. Lexus has the touch screen (which I love) and the maps seem to have fewer glitches than Acura's.
Old 01-29-07, 09:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by GSsnarl
Rominl, I tried that and it didn't work; I also tried downloading it but it didnt work. This is the note I'm getting.

" Windows cannot access this folder. Make sure you typed the file name correctly and that you have access to the folder.
Details: The connection with the server was reset. "

The file name was typed correctly.
don't type the file name, just the path to the ftp first. after you log in then you click on the file

Originally Posted by reggiek
Yeah,I thought that was interesting, too. They also said Lexus made the best navs hands down. Is that true. I have never even used a nav so I don't know.
well i think acura and lexus have the best ones, depending on which one you like more. the others are below them
Old 01-30-07, 09:42 AM
GSsnarl
Pole Position

Rominl, that's what I did first but it didn't work! Strange. Oh well...
Old 01-30-07, 09:49 AM
widlfiresd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
don't type the file name, just the path to the ftp first. after you log in then you click on the file

well i think acura and lexus have the best ones, depending on which one you like more. the others are below them
I agree. I just would not buy a car based soley on the Nav unless I was a cab driver.

Before long your cell phone will be the Nav unit sending via bluetooth to the car's display. Americans will not continue to pay $2k for a Nav system that is worth about $99. It is a good gimmick for all the manufacturers though and seeing a big touch screen certainly gets more car buyers who cannot look past the dash.