Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

collision center (batavia) messed up my car....

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-07, 06:53 PM
svtdubs
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default collision center (batavia) messed up my car....

took it in to have the fenders coated and painted after they were shaved and fix two VERY small scratches.

I got the car back...

-the check engine light is on
-the trac control light is stuck on
-the car wont idle right
-the car bucks and stuff at low rpm
-the motor seems to be knocking
-they REPAINTED the whole rear quarter pannel for their solution to fixing two VERY small scratches and it looks like a 2 year old took a can of spraypaint and did it (runs and globs everywere)
-now I cant even start the car because the motor is knocking
-my shorty antenna is... gone, cut off for some reason
-when you turn the car on, there is a noise like an old 80's cell phone turning on (car used to have a phone integrated into the steering wheel)

my parents picked up the car for me today after hours because I had surgery and cant drive. my dad calls me and tells me the car is acting really weird but he already left and its not too far so he just came home.

Needless to say, I left a REALLY nice message on their voicemail and Im going in there with a fury on monday, possibly even armed... Im REALLY pissed off right now
Old 01-27-07, 07:02 PM
Rollin'ES3
Lexus Test Driver

ouch , sorry to hear that man, I'd go armed, but thats not a good idea, DO NOT settle for anything less then full compensation for all damages and also the paint job they did poorly on, make sure u get a free rental as well... that is no where near what SERVICE should be. anyway goodluck man, post updates asap..
Old 01-27-07, 07:11 PM
vince1128
Lexus Test Driver

First I would go to the police.... no seriously, **** THEM!! they cant do that ****!!! get a lawyer, sue them for all damages, plus other legal stuff, and for the lawyer and court fees
Old 01-27-07, 07:12 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn sorry to hear.. about the engine and trac lights.. try disconnecting the battery then reconnecting.. that helped fix mine when they were on

good luck with everything
Old 01-27-07, 07:35 PM
svtdubs
Lead Lap

ill try the battery tomorrow...

when i went out there to try to start it a little bit ago, i noticed the antenna was hacked off.... I mean, who does that?
Old 01-27-07, 07:37 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

First, I have edited the vulgarity from your thread title. Secondly... I've moved it.

Needless to say, I left a REALLY nice message on their voicemail and Im going in there with a fury on monday, possibly even armed... Im REALLY pissed off right now
Excellent, I'm sure that will set the tone in motion for them to provide you with excellent smiling and helpful customer service.
Old 01-27-07, 07:56 PM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

sorry to hear that.....

Hope everything works out well
Old 01-27-07, 08:52 PM
svtdubs
Lead Lap

why move it? Its something about an sc300, why not the sc300 section? you always confuse me bro, lol
Old 01-27-07, 09:40 PM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SVTdubs
why move it? Its something about an sc300, why not the sc300 section? you always confuse me bro, lol
You'll get more advice here. Lots of people read Car Chat on CL.

I'm sorry to hear that, I would see what they say first. And than call a lawyer if they don't plan to compensate for damages.
Old 01-27-07, 09:51 PM
svtdubs
Lead Lap

im not saying the motor is HURT or blown but it sounds like its not running on all cylinders... its not rod knocking but its not running right... just wanted to clarify.

the car is not acceptable and I will go in monday..... ready to fight this
Old 01-29-07, 10:23 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

Actually if you read your title it is about a collision center and a bad experience . I could have chunked it off the the regional forum and let it die, but thought you might want some advice and help and to share with people.
Old 01-30-07, 08:55 PM
svtdubs
Lead Lap

gotcha. Anywho, the shop has been pretty good. I made them know what the heck they did and they were to my house because the car wouldnt even start, to pick it up with a towtruck. The problem with the idle, start and etc was just a little problem they had after some crap got in the motor bay and they sprayed it off and immediately put the car outside (8 degress out) and two wires froze and cracked. The car runs fine, the motor has perfect compression and no noise. I was actually suprised that the compression was like 165-170 in all cylinders... thats good right?

another thing, they took the antenna off and forgot to put it back on, it was just unscrewed. They will also redo the fenders and the paint with their main guy so it will be good.
Old 01-30-07, 09:32 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

gotcha. Anywho, the shop has been pretty good. I made them know what the heck they did and they were to my house because the car wouldnt even start, to pick it up with a towtruck. The problem with the idle, start and etc was just a little problem they had after some crap got in the motor bay and they sprayed it off and immediately put the car outside (8 degress out) and two wires froze and cracked. The car runs fine, the motor has perfect compression and no noise. I was actually suprised that the compression was like 165-170 in all cylinders... thats good right?

another thing, they took the antenna off and forgot to put it back on, it was just unscrewed. They will also redo the fenders and the paint with their main guy so it will be good.
Was this Body Works listed in resources section of Chicago Lexus Club?

Chris
Old 01-31-07, 05:02 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to know that they're taking care of you.
Old 01-31-07, 09:01 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,473 Likes on 1,624 Posts

Seem like reasonable explanations for what happened but you'd think they'd do an INSPECTION/TEST before giving you back the car!

You have a pic of the badly painted panel?

Quick Reply: collision center (batavia) messed up my car....