Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Photo Rendering : Audi A1

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-07, 02:52 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts
Default Photo Rendering : Audi A1

Photo Rendering: Audi A1 - No Audi TT Shooting Break? No problem
January 29th, 2007

We know most of you were probably as sad as us when you heard last week that Audi will not be producing the Audi TT Shooting Brake. But don’t be too sad, because AutoBild is showing a new photo rendering of the new Audi A1. What do we know so far about the Audi A1? Well for one, Audi has confirmed production of the A1 which will start in 2009 with 10,000 vehicles built per year. Second, it will supposedly compete with the Mini Cooper, and now even with the new 2008 BMW 1-Series, with its platform of the Golf V. Third, you can expect to see it at the 2009 Frankfurt Motor Show.

Last week rumors also indicated that Audi will take major design cues from the Audi TT Shooting Brake concept which will no longer see the light of production. This could indicated that Audi stopped the production of the Shooting Brake and decided to focus on one Mini Cooper and BMW 1-Series fighter.

Source: AutoBild
source : egmcartech
Old 01-29-07, 05:42 PM
mavericck
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the A3 was the 1 series fighter? I can see it competing with the Cooper S though. How sure are we this is going into production? Because I really don't see a market for an Audi smaller than the A3.