Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Please Watch This Vid. And Learn! *Warning, Disturbing Images*

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-07 | 11:48 AM
mavericck
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
only an American car company would be irresponsible enough to build the SRT-4. I guess Dodge is technically German, still MB sill is a pretty pathetic company.
What do you mean by "only an American car company would be irresponsible enough to build the SRT-4"? Also, trying to tie the neon to MB or Germany as a whole is utterly ridiculous. All Dodge and Chrysler designs are American while only the 300C and the Magnum borrow some suspension bits from the last gen E-class.

How is MB a "pretty pathetic" company? Elaborate please. If that kid had been in an MB I doubt his injuries would have been nearly as severe.

Last edited by mavericck; 02-03-07 at 11:53 AM.
Old 02-03-07 | 12:45 PM
DriftNsc3
Lexus Champion

Thats some real life stuff right there. That will defenitly make me think about how I drive from now on.

Originally Posted by mavericck
What do you mean by "only an American car company would be irresponsible enough to build the SRT-4"? Also, trying to tie the neon to MB or Germany as a whole is utterly ridiculous. All Dodge and Chrysler designs are American while only the 300C and the Magnum borrow some suspension bits from the last gen E-class.

How is MB a "pretty pathetic" company? Elaborate please. If that kid had been in an MB I doubt his injuries would have been nearly as severe.
So now were blaming the car for his injuries and not the fact that he was admittedly driving recklessly and probley racing on a public road with probley innocent cars present? Saying he wouldn't of been as bad off in a MB after somemthing like this is really stupid IMHO.
Old 02-03-07 | 01:03 PM
mavericck
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DriftNsc3
Thats some real life stuff right there. That will defenitly make me think about how I drive from now on.

So now were blaming the car for his injuries and not the fact that he was admittedly driving recklessly and probley racing on a public road with probley innocent cars present? Saying he wouldn't of been as bad off in a MB after somemthing like this is really stupid IMHO.
I'm being realistic here. I never said I was blaming the car. Of course his decision to drive wrecklessly was the main factor in this situation, I will always agree with that notion. As for him being better off in say a Lexus, BMW, MB, or Audi, I'm not going to take back what I said because I believe it would be the case (although how much better off is anyone's guess). I'ts not stupid to say what I said, it's realistic and probably true.

Last edited by mavericck; 02-03-07 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-03-07 | 01:23 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DriftNsc3
Mr. Jones made the assine comment not mavericck.
Old 02-03-07 | 03:32 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug
CL Folding 100000

powerful cars can be driven stupidly by anyone stupid enough to drive stupid.

ive been driving a 260hp LS400 (not the fastest of cars) since i was 15. no trac, no vsc. in the end i was in an accident (in that car) because a 50year old lady in a tundra was speeding and making a blind left in a residential area.

teenagers arent the correct party to blame, not all of us are jackass drivers.

In the end the decision to drive recklessly comes down to whoever is in the driver's seat. no matter the age.
Old 02-03-07 | 06:33 PM
Mr. Jones
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by doug_999
Mr. Jones made the assine comment not mavericck.
hey doug , learn to spell

Last edited by Mr. Jones; 02-03-07 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-03-07 | 06:38 PM
Mr. Jones
Lexus Test Driver

IIHS crash testing for the Neon is poor.

Dodge (MB) willing targets a car directly to teenage males. A group comprised of the most reckless drivers on the road.
The enabler is Dodge (MB), they are an irresponsible company for building such a vehicle.

I see plenty of reckless Civic drivers, but Honda's Civic is far safer, and far slower. That's the difference b/w a socially responsible company and an irresponsible one.
Old 02-04-07 | 06:41 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Dodge (MB) willing targets a car directly to teenage males. A group comprised of the most reckless drivers on the road.
The enabler is Dodge (MB), they are an irresponsible company for building such a vehicle.

I see plenty of reckless Civic drivers, but Honda's Civic is far safer, and far slower. That's the difference b/w a socially responsible company and an irresponsible one.
Crash testing for the Neon may be poor, but the fact remains that the driver caused the crash by driving recklessly. He could've been driving a vehicle with the best safety rating and the result would not have been much different. Driving any vehicle that recklessly can only end up badly.

What about the Subaru WRX? What about the EVO? They all target younger male drivers. How about the M3? The upcoming IS-F? They're all cars with great amounts of power and unfortunately, that power will be abused.

It's not about blaming the company. Blame the driver.
Old 02-04-07 | 08:15 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BrianGS430

I agree. I actually applaud this guy for taking responsibility and learning a lesson from his poor driving decisions. It was a tough harsh lesson to learn, but at least he now gets it.
Old 02-04-07 | 08:29 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Let's not forget that the WRX and the Evo are frequently as abused, if not further than the SRT-4 by the same exact crowd. Nobody points the fingers at Subaru or Mitsubishi for those.
Old 02-04-07 | 08:58 PM
mavericck
Lexus Test Driver

Like I said before, trying to tie the neon to MB is utterly ridiculous. All Dodge and Chrysler designs are American, while only the 300C and the Magnum borrow some suspension bits from the last gen E-class.

Do you know how many mid 90's civics I've seen with their roofs caved in from a rollover accident? So far I've seen 4. This is due to very weak structural integrity especially around the B and C pillars. Yet, do I blame Honda for this outcome? Maybe I hold them responsible for about 10%, but the rest is completely up to the driver and the drivers around them. Cars and guns don't kill people, people kill people.

BTW Dodge doesn't make the Neon anymore, it was replaced by the Caliber.

Last edited by mavericck; 02-04-07 at 09:05 PM.
Old 02-04-07 | 09:58 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TheRupp
Let's not forget that the WRX and the Evo are frequently as abused, if not further than the SRT-4 by the same exact crowd. Nobody points the fingers at Subaru or Mitsubishi for those.
Yea, nobody blames Ferrari or Porsche when their owners crash and kill themselves going 150+ MPH. I mean, how can they build a car that can go that fast but not properly protect the driver in a crash at that speed? Before anyone flames me I'm being sarcastic in my last sentence.
Old 02-04-07 | 10:29 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 200000

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
powerful cars can be driven stupidly by anyone stupid enough to drive stupid.
LOL, One of the funniest things Ive read on the boards in a while.

As far as the subject matter. I blame the kid, and he blames himself. Theres alot of bad drivers out there, of all race and sex, Im probably one of them. I try my best not to speed, at least not to speed more than anyone else around me, but sometimes I like to have fun, which is mostly on a deserted highway at 3 in the morning. Ive been driving for over 10 years, and Im only 20, I still dont consider myself to be an AWESOME driver, but Im not bad. Ive never been in an accident like that before and pray to God all the time that I never will be.
CLIFF NOTES BELOW
My friend has, it was one of those times that we were on a deserted highway at 3 in the morning. I was driving my GS, one friend was driving his 350Z, and the other in his S2K.
Well, I was doing about 90 just staying behind and they were prolly going about 95 or 100. 350Z was out in front, then the S2K, then me of course (damn GS300). Anyway, my friends S2K was a little messed up because he had hit a curb and may have messed up his susp. a little bit. Anyway, he hit a bump on a curve in the road and over corrects his steering, the car swings across three lanes of the highway and hits a concrete barrier, and lands about 70-80 yards away from where it hit. I thought for sure he was gonna have broken bones and I was expecting (sp?) the worse. I stopped and ran across the highway to him and he got out the car and was walking around. I couldnt believe it, and neither could he.
Hes not much of a better driver because of this, but he is a little, and he has another S2K, which he takes really good care of.
CLIFF NOTES: Friend crashed his S2K at about 100 and walked away without a scratch (although I know he was sore for the next week). Honda FTW.
Old 02-04-07 | 11:05 PM
Mr. Jones
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BrianGS430

I'm not blaming the company, I'm saying the company is irresponsible for building such cars.
Old 02-04-07 | 11:37 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

lol guys its no one to blane beside the driver. Car company makes car and try to appeal to people, the evo and wrx and srt-4 are just cheap cars that target young kids who want speed. People just make poor descsions in life, they will regret it later and learn from it if they still got a life but i just hate to see bystanders get hurt for no reason.

Quick Reply: Please Watch This Vid. And Learn! *Warning, Disturbing Images*