Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Does anybody know if the Supra is going to be released the same time as the IS-F?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-07, 07:09 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Does anybody know if the Supra is going to be released the same time as the IS-F?

Based on the pics I have seen I would rather have the Supra. I hope it gets an 8 speed as well.
Old 02-05-07, 07:35 PM
MIAMIGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the supra looks amazing.
Old 02-05-07, 07:55 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Supra is still a rumor.

IS-F is a definate.

I wouldn't hold my breath anytime soon. As much as people want a Supra, Toyota will give its performance technology to Lexus at this time. Functionality and cost-efficiency goes to Toyota...
Old 02-05-07, 07:55 PM
LexFather

Nope...........

Old 02-05-07, 08:36 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by sincityIS
I hope it gets an 8 speed as well.
Well I hope it gets a manual!!! (despite all the love for automatics/SMG/DSG and the like.)

To answer your question though, its highly unlikely.
Old 02-05-07, 09:58 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Is the FT-HS going to be the next Supra?
Old 02-05-07, 10:21 PM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

If there is going to be a Supra again... it'd be minimum of 2 years before we see it... all we've had is a slew of concepts from Toyota... nothing closer to production. If there was going to be a Supra released within a year, we'd have seen it at Detroit or the upcoming Chicago show.
Old 02-06-07, 12:08 AM
SDLexus
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Supra is still a rumor.

IS-F is a definate.

I wouldn't hold my breath anytime soon. As much as people want a Supra, Toyota will give its performance technology to Lexus at this time. Functionality and cost-efficiency goes to Toyota...
^What he said.

Until Toyota releases something I wouldn't hold off waiting for a Supra. Any pics you've seen are probably just concepts and artist's renditions.
Old 02-06-07, 12:20 AM
DriftNsc3
Lexus Champion

When/if they do come out with another Supra I really hope the Prices don't fall for the MKIV Supras. I would hate to see kids who would normally go after a 300zx, RX-7, Mustangs, etc... be able to afford a Supra and then end up crashing it. Although I would love to afford one I would deal w/out one if immutre kids still couldn't buy one.
Old 02-06-07, 01:02 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

i havent seen any Supra concepts yet

only the FT-HS
but with the crazy hybrid system, i dont think they will be calling it the supra anymore, at least i dont think they should but the name doesnt really matter

what matters is i love the FT-HS and that toyota said they will build it
so im anxiously waiting for it to come out in maybe like 2009 or 2010
Old 02-06-07, 04:59 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DriftNsc3
When/if they do come out with another Supra I really hope the Prices don't fall for the MKIV Supras. I would hate to see kids who would normally go after a 300zx, RX-7, Mustangs, etc... be able to afford a Supra and then end up crashing it. Although I would love to afford one I would deal w/out one if immutre kids still couldn't buy one.
Think in this manner. Most kids do not have money to buy a car brand new and if they do their parents are spoiling their kids. Now personally if I had kids, they're going to get a beater POS car for their first. Their first car does not need to be fast, flashy or expensive, it needs to be safe. IF they learn to drive a car safely for the first couple of years, than I'll buy them something nicer. Parents need to understand that kids will do stupid things. Kids will show off to their friends. Kids will be irresponsible drivers. I mean hell, I'm only 20 and I still drive irresponsible at times.

Point is don't expect someone who's young to afford buying a brand new "Supra" and insurance (premiums for a sports car and an inexperienced driver are killer).
Old 02-06-07, 06:08 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

There is a market for sporty performance coupes with the return of the Mustang, camaro, Nissan Z, Mazda RX8.. Toyota is bound to get back in the game with the Supra.
Old 02-06-07, 07:34 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I must say the FT-HS is definitely a sports car I would buy.
Especially when friend's ask for rides you can say "Sorry man, I've got the top down, it's a two seater with the top down. The girl's got the passenger."
I could sip gas when I don't feel the need for speed.
I love the shape and overall aggressive look of the FT-HS. If Toyota prices that right it'll be under consideration to buy. I'll be looking to buy a new car when I get out of college. Some future car thoughts are: SC-F, IS-F coupe, FT-HS, some 4 banger coupe or LF-A (very wishful thinking ).
What would definitely sell me would be if the FT-HS was AWD.
Old 02-06-07, 08:45 AM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Koma
Think in this manner. Most kids do not have money to buy a car brand new and if they do their parents are spoiling their kids. Now personally if I had kids, they're going to get a beater POS car for their first. Their first car does not need to be fast, flashy or expensive, it needs to be safe. IF they learn to drive a car safely for the first couple of years, than I'll buy them something nicer. Parents need to understand that kids will do stupid things. Kids will show off to their friends. Kids will be irresponsible drivers. I mean hell, I'm only 20 and I still drive irresponsible at times.

Point is don't expect someone who's young to afford buying a brand new "Supra" and insurance (premiums for a sports car and an inexperienced driver are killer).
You make a lot of sense. However, I don't think he's talking about the new Supra . He's talking about the MKIV Supra which any young person couldn't buy "new" even if they wanted to.
Old 02-06-07, 11:00 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

God I hope it doesn't have a 70k price tag like the Nissan GTR.

45k is more reasonable and even then it better be able to compete with the Vette. We can dream though!

Quick Reply: Does anybody know if the Supra is going to be released the same time as the IS-F?