Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Does anyone here own a Range Rover Sport or considered it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-07, 01:11 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my friend has one, not many miles on it. I love everything about it. It definately turns heads and looks nice but he hates it because its in the shop too much. Just from his experiences I would never own a Range Rover
Old 02-19-07, 10:14 AM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've owned a RRS HSE and it's a great vehicle but i wouldnt own one beyond it's warranty period.

Also, the depreciation is sickening absolutely abysmal
Old 02-20-07, 06:08 AM
Nauticalx
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by foofighter

Also, the depreciation is sickening absolutely abysmal
Wow, thats excellent to hear from my perspective...obviously sucked for you but for me looking to buy used it would be great. The vehicle is what 70k list on the showroom? outrageous
Old 02-20-07, 11:44 AM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mmarshall
However, the worst specific vehicle is probably the Infiniti QX56.
I agree w/this statement but only regarding the first model year (04') & halfway through the 05' model year. Towards the end of the 05's & newer, that's where quality control & reliability went up noticeably. I forgot what survey company said this recently but I heard Nissan was so po'ed that they sent over Japanese engineers to contain the problem (since it's built in the U.S.). I've only had one problem w/mine (the notorious brake judder) but it was resolved w/the TSB.

A buddy of mine has an RR Sport & loves it...but he's been in a handful of times for minor crap such as rattles here & there, shifter peeling & loud windshield wiper sounds. He says everytime he goes in, they treat him right though so can't complain about that. It's so hot!...He's got a set of 20" HRE 647's for daily/winter use, 22" HRE 841r's for the late spring/summer time & awaiting new 22" DPE's in a couple weeks. I drool everytime I see pics of it.
Old 02-20-07, 01:05 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Nauticalx
Wow, thats excellent to hear from my perspective...obviously sucked for you but for me looking to buy used it would be great. The vehicle is what 70k list on the showroom? outrageous
youre absolutely right though, the preowned market will be better. when i got mine the dealers were pretty arrogant becuase they were hot sellers the dealers didnt discount i'm hoping the mood changes as their sales have pretty much leveled out.
Old 02-20-07, 02:47 PM
krazykanuk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Yeah!
I drool everytime I see pics of it.
Off topic, but do you have linkage? If you don't want to post in here you can PM me. Thanks.
Old 02-20-07, 03:34 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by krazykanuk
Off topic, but do you have linkage? If you don't want to post in here you can PM me. Thanks.
Nah, it's all good mang. He knows I'm posting on here about his minor issues, lol. He's coo w/the pics & yes, that's his hot e46 M3 as well:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=429564

Although he's a down to earth guy, he has a fetish err, disease...it's called the new wheel of the month & new vehicle every 3 months club, haha!
Old 02-20-07, 04:53 PM
krazykanuk
Pole Position

^^ Cool. Thanks.

I remember seeing a sick black one with black wheels a few months ago. I love the Range Rovers, but I think the next SUV my family will consider would be the Q7 4.2.
Old 02-20-07, 11:36 PM
Yeah!
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by krazykanuk
^^ Cool. Thanks.

I remember seeing a sick black one with black wheels a few months ago. I love the Range Rovers, but I think the next SUV my family will consider would be the Q7 4.2.
No prob! Does the Q7 have electrical probs like the A4's do? That would be my main reason for trying to avoid Audi's & Mercedes.
Old 02-21-07, 04:43 PM
ShadyJC
Lexus Test Driver

I've looked at the Sport pretty seriously, I think it's a great looking vehicle... but I don't think the interior space is that great, if I recall the rear doors are somewhat difficult to get in and out of and I can't get over RR's reputation of poor reliability.
Old 02-21-07, 10:56 PM
krazykanuk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Yeah!
No prob! Does the Q7 have electrical probs like the A4's do? That would be my main reason for trying to avoid Audi's & Mercedes.
I honestly don't know, but I have a friend with the V6 version and he loves it and its problem free. I test drove the V8 in December and loved it. We have a GX right now and in all honesty, I know the GX will probably be more reliable but the Q7 feels a lot more planted and to me just has a better feel. I wrote one time on another forum that I love the GX for almost everything it does, but speed is not one of them. That and it feels very top heavy compared to our old LX470 and the Q7. We also have a Grand Cherokee right now and that thing is relatively quick, but squeaks and bothers me.

I don't know much about Audi issues, but we got an A8L last summer and haven't had any issues yet.

Funny you mention the A4, I didn't know that the current model had issues. That being said my likely choice for my next car would be an A4. I'm really sick of the horrid gas mileage and insurance rates (for my age) with my IS. I love the style and it has a manual if I decide to want one. A 2.0T + Revo chip = ~250 hp with 2.0T insurance rates and V6 speed. Sounds good to me.