Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2008 Lambo Gallardo Superleggera

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-07, 02:21 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts
Default 2008 Lambo Gallardo Superleggera

The new Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera

The sportiest and most ‘purist’ Gallardo ever

The new more powerful and lightweight series leader

With the Gallardo Superleggera, Automobili Lamborghini presents an uncompromisingly high-performance sports car. Thanks to increased power (an additional 10 hp) and a 100 kg reduction in weight (USA 70 kg), the new range-leading Gallardo Superleggera is even more dynamic than the already very sporty Gallardo. The weight/power ratio of the Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera is only 2.5 kg/hp, which puts it unquestionably at the top.
The Superleggera also has the fastest acceleration in its class. It needs only 3.8 seconds to go from 0 to 100 km/h (0-62 mph); 0.2 seconds less than the basic model, and boasting speed and grit under other driving conditions.
The Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera is an extremely high-performance car: it includes a standard robotized mechanical ‘e-gear’ gearbox that guarantees shifting without removing hands from the steering wheel. The new Gallardo Superleggera can be ordered through the dealer network starting March 2007: production volumes will be restricted to lower numbers than the standard Gallardo.

More power thanks to technological developments

The Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera’s engine is the latest version of Lamborghini’s well-known 4,961 cm3 V10. Now 530 hp is reached in 8,000 min-1. The increase in power was made possible by the engine’s improved volumetric efficiency through reduced intake load losses and by exhaust backpressures, together with optimized electronic control. Naturally, emission levels observe the strict EURO 4 and LEV II standards.

Higher power thanks to lighter construction

Lamborghini engineers decreased the Lamborghini Gallardo’s already low weight when empty (1,430 kg) by another 100 kg using advanced materials and technologies. The engine hood is made of visible carbon fiber and transparent polycarbonate, a type of material that guarantees lightness and also shows off the magnificent V10. The rear diffuser and underbody covering, the rearview mirrors, door panels and the central tunnel’s covering are also made of carbon fiber. Further reductions in weight were achieved by replacing certain glass surfaces with transparent polycarbonate. For the interior, monocoque carbon fiber sports seats covered in Alcantara® were chosen to ensure restraint of the driver and passenger during the intense lateral accelerations that the Gallardo Superleggera is capable of achieving around curves.

Exclusive specification and options range

A comprehensive specification and extensive range of options will be available, with some exclusive to the Superleggera. The Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera comes with robotized mechanical e-gear as standard; a sports package including shock absorbers; and special suede-covered steering wheel. The car is available in four colors: Midas Yellow, Borealis Orange, Telesto Gray and Noctis Black. Pirelli P Zero Corsa tires (standard) on new Scorpius forged rims accentuate the Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera. A few of the options that can be requested include the multimedia system with navigator and CD-changer; a rear video camera to make parking easier (with optional rear wing only); a Carbon accessories kit for the interior; a fixed rear spoiler; a four-point seatbelt (not for USA); tubular rear frame or fitting points for later inclusion (not for USA, Japan or Middle East); and carbon-ceramic brakes.

Old 02-26-07, 02:26 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Lovin' it but that wing has to go!
Old 02-26-07, 02:30 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

1430-70=1360kg=2998lbs! That is light for such a car and with 530hp to boot. I believe the other super poweful car is the lightweight Z06 at 3150lbs. Not much of a Lambo person but it appears on paper to be an awesome ride.
Old 02-26-07, 02:32 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Looks good, but I prefer a less prominent wing.
Old 02-26-07, 02:38 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Robarapta
Looks good, but I prefer a less prominent wing.
From the reading it seems to be an option. I'm assuming the regular wing is standard.

But I'm with ya on that. The designs of the newer Lambo's dont seem to flow well with wings like the Diablo or Countach did.
Old 02-26-07, 02:56 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sing me up!... just as soon as I win the Mega Millions tomorrow night.

Seriously though, I'm a sucker for carbon fiber and the suede interior looks dope!
Old 02-26-07, 03:19 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

PUURRRTY!!!

Me likey!
Old 02-26-07, 04:24 PM
RiceMaster
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

- The wing is too small and flimsy looking, the stickers are too big and no style.

- Car needs to be dropped. It is a vehicle meant for the track ain't it? Stock height in a sportscar sucks!!

- Alcantara leather interior is a dust trap. Hope VW includes a matching portable vacuum.
Old 02-26-07, 04:39 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

At this point it they all look the same to me.
Old 02-26-07, 05:37 PM
TheGambler
Rookie

Beautiful, although I agree with others that the wing is a little big.
Old 02-26-07, 05:44 PM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love the interior
Old 02-26-07, 05:51 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

70 kg = 154 lbs, or a 5% weight reduction. It probably drives great.

But the wing looks tacked on, and the wheels look like cheapie Konig Snipers. Lambo needs help designing wheels...
Old 02-26-07, 05:51 PM
TheGambler
Rookie

Originally Posted by TexasGS
Love the interior
I do as well. I am not sure if it's my laptop or not, but the seats kinda look like a suede type of material.
Old 02-26-07, 06:18 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

That interior is BEATUIFUL!
Old 02-26-07, 07:10 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

They look the same to me also. That wing has to go to. ITs not a Honda..

Quick Reply: 2008 Lambo Gallardo Superleggera