Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

GM's Street-Fighting Transformer Vehicles Rev Up

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-07, 04:03 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GM's Street-Fighting Transformer Vehicles Rev Up

Toys that make real noise: GM's "Transformer" cars will star in a new movie from Paramount, the story of aliens who assume mechanical forms when they come to earth.From the top: Chevrolet Camaro Transformer is nicknamed "Bumblebee."

Pontiac Solstice, a.k.a. "Autobot Jazz."

Hummer H2 rescue vehicle, alter ego of "Autobot Ratchet."

And "Ironhide," in the form of a GMC TopKick.

Date posted: 02-26-2007

DETROIT — Until now, moviegoers only got a quick glimpse of the Chevrolet Camaro that stars in Paramount's upcoming Transformers movie via a trailer that hit theaters late last year. The brief clip also offers teaser images of the GMC TopKick truck, Hummer H2 and Pontiac Solstice that will star in what is likely to be the blockbuster film of the summer.

But General Motors took the edge off this weekend, releasing several images of its four Transformer vehicles. The Chevrolet Camaro is undoubtedly the über-Transformer, dubbed "Bumblebee," a major character in the saga of aliens who take mechanical forms when on earth. GM said it will "roll out a fully integrated marketing and promotional effort around the film in the near future, including a major Chevrolet promotion."

Insiders say this effort may include specially badged vehicles to commemorate the film, as well as the usual line of toys, posters and other movie-related accessories.

GM vehicles are not merely static displays in Transformers. They are clearly embedded in the story line. "Autobot Jazz" converts from a hardtop Pontiac Solstice. "Autobot Ratchet" is a Hummer H2 that has been modified to serve as a rescue vehicle. "Ironhide" changes from a GMC TopKick medium-duty truck.

The movie will hit theaters July 4.

What this means to you: Think of Transformers as the perfect blend of your childhood and adult fantasies — auto-related ones, that is.

Source: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/new...ewthread&f=139
Old 02-26-07, 04:40 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

I think they should rename them all to the transformer names.

.......permanently.
Old 02-26-07, 04:57 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good for GM I'm definitely looking forward to this movie. I may even line up outside like all of those Star Wars nuts.