Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota To Build Highlanders in Mississippi New Plant to Start Production by 2010

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-07, 01:12 PM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Dear lawd the same people that can't screw in a nut for Nissan in their Mississippi plant are going to apply for jobs at this Toyota plant.

I know Toyota managment is far superior but IMO a TERRIBLE move.

Here is a thread in the year 2012...
"HIghlander Quality the worst of any Toyota ever produced".

Heh. Being a Mississippian I think it gives me an edge on this.

Well.. Certainly I'm somewhat worried about Toyota building a plant in MS. After all you do have to look at the Nissan plant. I don't mean to be crude but a qualified labor force is hard to come by in my state, and that is why the majority of larger companies seek out of state employment. I know that for awhile the Nissan plant had to do the same! I'm sure the Toyota plant got some sort of tax break for x-amount of years. Its not uncommon, and... other companies have used and abused it, ORECK coming to mind.

However, I'm sure that Toyota probably already has some idea in mind
and they don't just hire anyone off the streets! Or rather in Tupelo.. off the farm! Or Catfish farm! But then.. MSU, Mississippi State University isn't too far off and they specialize in Engineers, so.... maybe?

But I have to say one thing the Nissan Plant is a pretty stunning thing to drive by, and I'm sure the Toyota plant will be just as neat. So a little worried yet excited to see the plant go up!