Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

So I drove a Lamborghini Gallardo this weekend... ::pics::

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-07, 06:48 AM
Milla...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JJG2005
I'm 20 and my friend is 19. We were both very lucky to have this experience.
Ahh thats why the cops where acting crazy with you two, couple kids in a Lambo..

Anywho glad you guys made it safely. So tell me I'm curious, how much money you guys spend on gas?
Old 03-01-07, 08:18 AM
JJG2005
Lead Lap

We only spent $280 on gas the whole way down, it was actually very impressive. On the dashboard I kept seeing a picture of an engine, and "1-5" next to it. Makes me wonder if it switches to 5cylinder mode to save on gas somehow?
Old 03-01-07, 09:12 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

man, getting paid doing that, that's not a bad idea!
Old 03-01-07, 11:07 AM
Gotham
Rookie

That is a great color on the car!

Sounds like an awesome experience.
Old 03-01-07, 11:55 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Noo the lambo is dirty!

Old 03-01-07, 01:29 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,447 Likes on 1,604 Posts

170 on public roads? Someone should have gone to jail.
Old 03-01-07, 03:05 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Not to condone anything illegal or stupid (170 on public roads is both), but... If you hadn't slowed down for that cop, just did 170 until the next exit, then got onto some side road, and drove until the next highway, do you think you might have gotten away from them? They can't have THAT many cops on the highway in Virginia at 2:30 in the morning.

Are you sure your friend's "businesses" are on the up and up? I can't think of many ways to make millions of dollars running small businesses by the time you are 21. Usually it takes time, patience, and hard work to build up a business like that.

Oh, and... I want a Gallardo SO bad!
Old 03-01-07, 04:39 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

The car has 10,000 miles. He's already been through two clutches. (In the process of getting another replacement right now down in FL) at a cost of $5,000 each. He has a lot of money and great taste in cars, but he definately doesn't look at each of them as an investment like he should.

Oh, and I passed a broken down SC300 on I95 Sunday around noon, wasn't anyone here was it? I was going the other way, or I would have stopped.

Why should he? Cars arent investments. Houses are. Land. not cars. Maybe and Ultra rare exotic, like an Enzo... you know, not something they make 2000+ copies of each year.
Old 03-02-07, 11:50 AM
RacerLex
Pole Position

Awesome story and lucky you!!! I'm sure it's hard to observe the speed limit in a Lambo. Glad to hear someone that owns an exotic is actually driving it! Good for him!!!

Old 03-02-07, 01:06 PM
mbud
Driver

Wow, you're a lucky guy man...that's a once in a lifetime experiance! Hopefully one day ill have one. lol Beautiful colour though, i wouldn't think that purple would look nice, but it actually does. Something different! Anyways, glad you made it there ok, and congradulations!
Old 03-02-07, 01:20 PM
bizzy928
Lexus Champion

The car drives great for long distances, the seats are amazing. My only complaint was my ankles and knees hurt really bad after the trip, mostly because of the strange angle you have to sit at to properly drive the car, and the very stiff pedals.
This quote is the best =)
Old 03-02-07, 10:04 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Thumbs up

Now that was an awesome
Story.
Ahole cops.
Details on acceleration?

21 hours to Florida

I got a call from one of my friends Friday morning saying this 21 year old we know is on vacation FL, and misses his Lambo, so he would be paying us to drive it down. It didn't take much convincing, so I got a few things together, and went with him to pick up the car. I got to drive the car alone on the way home, and it took 10 minutes to get used to. Everything was so strange. The clutch and gas were really different, and the brakes were SO touchy. The pedals were so close together that I had to take my shoes I was wearing at the time off just to drive it.

After a quick photo-op, where 20 of my friends randomly came over my house to take pictures of the car, we were on our way. We made the drive down to West Virginia very calm, then it was my turn to drive. By this time it was about 2:30am, and the mountain roads in West Virgina were completely clear. 130 through the tightest turns, no problem. Most fun driving experience I had ever had in my life.

In VA, my friend took over driving again. We got on an open stretch of highway, and my friend decided to get on the car for the first time. He's doing about 170, we see headlights catching up, and he figures it's something like a Mustang, etc. So he slows down, switches lanes, and waits for the car to catch up. The other car gets behind us. Then puts on his siren. Undercover Dodge Charger. I'm alone in the Lambo for about a half hour while the cop had my friend in his cruiser. Long story short, he got a ticket for wreckless op, the officer said my friends punishment would be driving back to VA for court and nothing else, as the officer would not be going to court.

We switched off every two hours from there. Most of it was very calm highway driving, and/or trying to hit on girls in passing cars. lol. Then I'm getting off of the highway on the first exit in Florida. I rev it up under a bridge to hear the echo of the v10, and 5 cop cars happened to be waiting on the other side. My friend thought they may have flagged me to pull over but we weren't sure... pulled into a gas station, got gas, and switched drivers as planned. We went the other way to the highway just in case, to not pass those same officers. 1 mile down the road there were 5 more cruisers waiting, and followed us for a good 2 miles, then pulled us over.

It was a huge ordeal... I admitted everything I did... but then they started saying what a lier I was, how Im unqualified for my job after they asked what I did, etc. They harassed both of us for over an hour. (I know, I know, we deserved it.) Then another officer comes up and claims that when my friend was driving, we passed her at 94, and then ducked down a side road. We were doing exactly the speed limit because we were worried about getting pulled over for the previous offense, so we definatley weren't doing more than 55, and didn't hide anywhere.. we stayed on the same road! Cops insisted we tell them where we "hid" or they were taking us to jail. We had no idea what they were talking about. Their ADD then kicked in and they forgot about that, and started accusing the vehicle of being stolen. Another half hour on the phone with the two owners, and we were on our way. The cute female officer told me I was free to go. My friend got a ticket for driving under suspension. (His license is perfectly fine though, they wouldn't call to verify it.) He got a $130 ticket, and my punishment was that I had to drive the Lambo the rest of the way through Florida

All in all we made the 21 hour drive in 16 hours, including being pulled over for over an hour and a half total. We didn't get any phone numbers, but did get a ton of attention everywhere we went. We spent the night partying down in South Beach Miami with the cars owner, and drove back to Ohio in a rental Toyota Avalon the next day.

Old 03-02-07, 10:49 PM
Jasbmo
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you is crazy lucky
Old 03-03-07, 09:36 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great story
Old 03-04-07, 04:09 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish someone would ask me to do that!!

Quick Reply: So I drove a Lamborghini Gallardo this weekend... ::pics::