Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

First Bugatti Veyron crash

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-07, 08:04 PM
Initial B
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Anybody who drives a car like that on the street is a friggin baller, with more discretionary income to throw around than my mind can grasp. "

fixed
Old 03-05-07, 08:21 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by replica
"Anybody who drives a car like that on the street is a friggin baller, with more discretionary income to throw around than my mind can grasp. "

fixed
Well, for his sake I hope that is the case, but money does not
necessarily buy happiness. There have been quite a few tragedies
involving people taking their exotics too far.

The laws of physics do not care what your net worth is.
Old 03-05-07, 08:35 PM
DriftNsc3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by marshmallo
I have to agree it was due to stupid driving. Anybody who drives
a car like that on the street is completely stupid....
This is definitly around the top of 'The dumbest things i've read on CL' list of mine.
At the end of the day, its a car. Cars are made to be driven, thats what he was doing. A friends dad of mine has a F430 that he drives daily, he has a SUV when he needs to carry things/people but he dries his Ferrari as a daily driver, is he stupid too? Shoot if I spend 1.3 million on a car you better belive that I'm gonna drive it.
Old 03-05-07, 08:43 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DriftNsc3
This is definitly around the top of 'The dumbest things i've read on CL' list of mine.
At the end of the day, its a car. Cars are made to be driven, thats what he was doing. A friends dad of mine has a F430 that he drives daily, he has a SUV when he needs to carry things/people but he dries his Ferrari as a daily driver, is he stupid too? Shoot if I spend 1.3 million on a car you better belive that I'm gonna drive it.
Really? Ferrari's and Lambo's are not in the same league as a
1.4 million car. I've absolutely NO problem saying those should
be driven in the street.

A car like this is better in a track. Just my opinion.
Old 03-05-07, 08:49 PM
DriftNsc3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by marshmallo
Really? Ferrari's and Lambo's are not in the same league as a
1.4 million car. I've absolutely NO problem saying those should
be driven in the street.

A car like this is better in a track. Just my opinion.
Yes, really. I see where your coming from and you do have the right to voice your opinon here but I still disagree. So we can agree to disagree
Old 03-05-07, 09:39 PM
GS400kid
Lexus Test Driver

I think its bad to say it... but seriously as soon as I saw the title, in my heart....... Finally, someone crashed it!
Old 03-05-07, 11:56 PM
BobaDrift
Pole Position

At least he drove it and didn't keep it garaged like most exotics. Its sad that a car meant to be driven is relegated to garage/museum duty.
Old 03-06-07, 12:21 AM
JDM
Lead Lap

+1

When it comes down to it, a car is a car. Even if I had a 10 billion dollar sports car, I'll still drive it on the street given that I'll more than likely go to the track with it once in a blue moon.
Old 03-06-07, 09:38 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

damn. that car is ugly tho.
Old 03-06-07, 09:56 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

i took a seminar recently and a guy i met in the class owns a lamborghini diablo SV EVII, which to my surprise he uses as a daily driver. the car had scratches, dirt, and small dings on it like a normal daily driver would have. the pasneger seat was used to hold his papers, work stuff, and other junk....his car was dirtier then my car.
Old 03-06-07, 11:15 AM
Milla...

I know plenty people who drive exotics as daily drivers come to LA. pissst... a neighbor a few blocks up the hill from me (somewhere) freakin drives a huge RR phantom every single day and its always dirty, annoys the crap out of me. Some movie business exec person I've been told. But why not, why spend all that money on a car and never use it what a waste life is too short.
Old 03-06-07, 11:31 AM
RiceMaster
Rookie

Should've spend another mill to rice it up so he can roll lookin tight, now dude stuck drivin around in some inferior ride(Gallardo/F430) while he waits another year or so to get another one(if they still make them).
Old 03-06-07, 12:21 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Well, it was bound to happen. People are destroying CGT's and Enzo's at a ridiculous rate... it was only a matter of time before those same tools got their hands on a Veyron.
Old 03-06-07, 09:01 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Bugatti supercar is left a wreck

By NEIL SYSON,
ANTHONY FRANCE
and JAMIE PYATT
March 06, 2007

OH Buga! A supercar worth £830,000 is loaded on to a truck after the world’s costliest road crash.

The sleek Bugatti Veyron — one of only a dozen in the UK — was wrecked in a smash in pouring rain.

Yesterday insurance assessors began working out whether the hand-built French motor was repairable — or the most exclusive write-off on the planet.

A police source said it was thought the Veyron — capable of 253mph — was doing around 100mph when it slewed out of control.

It spun three times, hitting a Vauxhall Astra with a seven-months pregnant woman inside, before smashing into trees up a 3ft bank.

The woman was taken to hospital for a check-up but was alright.

The Bugatti driver, who was with a younger male passenger, was reported by police for driving without due care and attention.

The smash happened shortly after 3pm on Sunday on a 40mph stretch of the B375 near Chertsey, Surrey, a known crash blackspot.

It is understood the wrecked car was taken away by the SAME truck driver who had delivered it to the owner just a week earlier.

One witness who took our exclusive photos said: “It was clearly an almighty bang. Bits of Bugatti were strewn all over the road.

“The front had been virtually ripped off, every panel was damaged and the front wheels were pointing in opposite directions.”

The witness said the “fed-up” driver and passenger were staring at the Bugatti when a third man drove up in a 4x4 and started raging at them. The Bugatti is owned by a businessman in his 40s who runs a car hire and management company with his brothers.

Outside their home yesterday a man claimed he had rented it to the driver for £20,000 a day and that it was bought for £925,000 — more than the list price. Nick Lancaster, Chief Executive of dealers HR Owen which sold the motor, said: “It is the first Veyron I have heard of being damaged. We cannot say yet whether it is written off or not.”

The Veyron, built at the Bugatti Automobiles company in Molsheim, Alsace, boasts almost as much power as an F1 car. A Bugatti spokesman said: “If it can be repaired, it will be quickly and efficiently. The owner will be looking at a substantial bill.”
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007100574,00.html
Attached Thumbnails First Bugatti Veyron crash-zzzzzzzz.jpg  
Old 03-06-07, 10:05 PM
kissbang
Pole Position

Oh man. Now that's quite an expensive thing to wreck. Sure he may be able to afford it, but that's no excuse to be driving wrecklessly and putting others at risk.

Quick Reply: First Bugatti Veyron crash