Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Horrible Audi RS6 crash!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-07, 08:32 AM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ff_
Not another one of these... guys, these things are staged. There's no way that a car could hit a tree with enough impact to split in half, but the tree survives without a scratch. That tree would be lying on its side. Also, you can see countless clues on the car that prove someone took a sawzall and air chisel to it.

Not a real accident.
I could be wrong, but the pics seem authentic to me...
Old 03-06-07, 09:00 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by marshmallo
I could be wrong, but the pics seem authentic to me...
Cars don't snap in half, leaving clean and sharp cut lines. This is the another in a series of similarly staged accidents. The car was originally in a real accident and totalled. Someone cuts it up to look like a gruesome, horrific tragedy, and then leaves it on the side of the road somewhere. Probably trying to make a point about the dangers of speed in modern cars.

Look at the undamaged tree. Look at the roof panel that's in amazing condition, get peeled away perfectly along its edge. Look closely at all the areas of separation where the cut is perfectly clean and straight. Look at the wires routed to the rear end that somehow didn't snap under all that force. It doesn't happen this way in real life.

Last edited by ff_; 03-06-07 at 09:03 AM.
Old 03-06-07, 09:05 AM
Koma

Originally Posted by ff_
Cars don't snap in half, leaving clean and sharp cut lines. This is the another in a series of similarly staged accidents. The car was originally in a real accident and totalled. Someone cuts it up to look like a gruesome, horrific tragedy, and then leaves it on the side of the road somewhere. Probably trying to make a point about the dangers of speed in modern cars.

Look at the undamaged tree. Look at the roof panel that's in amazing condition, get peeled away perfectly along its edge. Look closely at all the areas of separation where the cut is perfectly clean and straight. Look at the wires routed to the rear end that somehow didn't snap under all that force. It doesn't happen this way in real life.
Are you a forensics expert?
Old 03-06-07, 09:05 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ff_

Look at the undamaged tree. Look at the roof panel that's in amazing condition, get peeled away perfectly along its edge. Look closely at all the areas of separation where the cut is perfectly clean and straight. It doesn't happen this way in real life.

Have to disagree with that. I have seen numerous crashes where the results are similar to the above. Trees do not topple in a vast majority of the cases as they are pretty darn tough. Plus, why select a $$$$ car to stage this? Even so, it was still involved in a serious accident. The actual tree or damage to the tree just many not be visible in the pics. The tree with the white stripe is the obvious answer based on what we are given. There may be other factors that are not in the pics.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 03-06-07 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-06-07, 09:21 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

That's an amazing tree. The bark wasn't damaged, or anything.
Old 03-06-07, 09:23 AM
cip
Pole Position

Hmmmmm... looks real, but it's pretty amazing to me that the force it would take to cut that car so cleanly only put the car ~ 6 feet from the tree he hit at....what .... 100+MPH?? hmmmmm......
Old 03-06-07, 09:23 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by ff_
That's an amazing tree. The bark wasn't damaged, or anything.
I agree. A tough little cookie indeed.
Old 03-06-07, 09:31 AM
Milla...

Details of what actually happened is to difficult to determine from a few pictures only. That tree with the white band obviously was not hit. The band looks to be a marker of some sort but if you look closely you'll notice the bark has absolutely no visual damage although there are tire marks directly in front of it. Its possible that theres another tree near by that was struck and stopped short of the marked tree. Yes Its possible that its a fake, it wouldn't be the first after all its the internet I've learned to take everything in it with a grain of salt. Its also possible its real, that wouldn't be the first either. Nevertheless it all makes for a good topic for discussion, continue on....
Old 03-06-07, 11:44 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Maybe he hit a tree before the one in question.

Ever see a Mustang fly into the woods?

I have. It was destroyed into literally a 1000 pieces and the only thing wrong with the tree was there was a slight mar in the bark but you could hardly tell. Trees are stronger than your think, roots run deep.
Old 03-06-07, 12:17 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by IS_Mine
Maybe he hit a tree before the one in question.

Ever see a Mustang fly into the woods?

I have. It was destroyed into literally a 1000 pieces and the only thing wrong with the tree was there was a slight mar in the bark but you could hardly tell. Trees are stronger than your think, roots run deep.

I have personally seen and touched a tree that demoilished a Mistu Eclipse and the tree looked like it had not been involved. The marks are there... you just can't see them from a photo over the web.

That must have been one hellova crash...
Old 03-06-07, 02:56 PM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the roof has to have been cut. the lines are too clean. minimal structural damage to the A-pillar, must have been cut.
Old 03-06-07, 03:15 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

It is possible that it was cut for the purpose of preparation to transport the two halves. Can't get both on there at the same time.
Old 03-06-07, 03:15 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Someone made a very valid point in this thread.

I see a few things that just don't add up.

No flat tire whatsoever from a 100mph+ crash?

No glass shattered/broken other than the windshield from a 100mph+ crash?

The interior looks pretty clean for a car that's been splits in half from this crash.

The exterior mirrors are all intact, as well as all the interior pieces/trims. Heck even the license plates are still mounted straight.

Unless Audi utilizes some wonderful technology on its vehicles, I don't believe the headlights and taillights can withstand the vibrations/shocks from the impact without breaking either.

The law of physics simply doesn't work this way. It doesn't take a forensic expert to raise these suspicions.

Jon
Old 03-06-07, 03:22 PM
milky
Lexus Champion

wow thats a horrible crash
Old 03-06-07, 04:43 PM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

I really dont think its real by how it was split in half and how the driver's side is perfectly ok campared to how the passenger's side looks...

Quick Reply: Horrible Audi RS6 crash!!