Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

M3 Concept at Geneva (Update - Official Specs pg. 8)

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-07, 04:35 PM
cliverman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I love my Lexus but that is pure joy to look at. No more saving for kids college.

C63 AMG will give her a run for her $$ but not as pretty.
Old 03-06-07, 04:36 PM
LXotic
Lexus Test Driver

I like everything except the hood bulge
I think I like the E46 MR design better
Old 03-06-07, 04:45 PM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

sorry boys but as much as i love lexus... id take this over the IS-F or anythign in its class any day of the week...
Old 03-06-07, 07:02 PM
lexem
Pole Position

for all BMW M cars. They do great job on them.
Old 03-06-07, 07:15 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

M3!
Time to go car shopping boys.
Old 03-06-07, 07:36 PM
cliverman
Driver

Originally Posted by xcntuatd77
sorry boys but as much as i love lexus... id take this over the IS-F or anythign in its class any day of the week...
I totally agree.
Old 03-06-07, 07:39 PM
LOL!
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cliverman
I totally agree.
+2. Agree also.
Old 03-06-07, 07:55 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Looks like the production car will have that "widemouth" lower air intake.

Overall, my main criticism is that it looks too similar to the 335i coupe. I also expected more aggressive rims.

The driving dynamics no doubt will be awesome, and if a friend had this car, I'd love to take it for a spin, but I would never buy this car, because of that interior. BMW needs to seriously up it's game when it comes to interiors . I would much rather buy an RS4, just because I prefer it's exterior a bit more, and I definitely prefer it's interior. And hands down I would take an IS-F over this, just on the interior alone.

But it's too early to make detailed comparisons until both the new M3 and IS-F are out.
Old 03-06-07, 08:09 PM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

yes the offical info and specs on the IS-F are nto out...but do you guys HONESTLY believe lexus can honestly create something t OUTDO what the BMW ALWAYS has? Yes the IS-F will be one hell of a car...but after seeing this M3 - MY GOODNESS...its only safe to say that THIS car will just ANNIHILATE everything in its class...im very enthusiastic about it - asa much as the handling on the new IS-F will be, this BMW will just take it to a whoel new level in drive experience.

ps. oh yah...the interior int he BMW alas shall always be crap..already know of that..lol
Old 03-06-07, 08:21 PM
mav16
Driver School Candidate

This is so much better than the IS-F.
Old 03-06-07, 09:01 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sign me up for one!!
total hotness -drools-
Old 03-06-07, 09:24 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

yes the offical info and specs on the IS-F are nto out...but do you guys HONESTLY believe lexus can honestly create something t OUTDO what the BMW ALWAYS has? Yes the IS-F will be one hell of a car...but after seeing this M3 - MY GOODNESS...its only safe to say that THIS car will just ANNIHILATE everything in its class...im very enthusiastic about it - asa much as the handling on the new IS-F will be, this BMW will just take it to a whoel new level in drive experience.

ps. oh yah...the interior int he BMW alas shall always be crap..already know of that..lol
I like BMWs as much as the next guy, and while you're probably right, it's not really entirely fair to judge the driving dynamics based on some pictures...
Old 03-06-07, 11:15 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

I don't think it will be much a step above the E46 in terms of dynamics. It will be faster, yes. But guess what. The RS4 right now owns the M3 and unless BMW changes that sheet metal and it is significantly faster than the RS4, which it won't nor won't be, you couldn't convince me that this is a better car overall than the RS4. Cheaper, probably. Better..... we will see when it comes out.

As for annihilating everything in its class? I don't think so buddy boy. This class is now, or will soon be, the M3, CTS-V, RS4, IS-F and C63. Nobody will be miles ahead of anybody. Everybody will have their specific strengths, and all will be a fairly similar experience in terms of the drive. You will probably see it come out on top in all magazine comparisons because of the magic brand name BMW...but that will probably be the deciding factor.

I can't say that I'm dissapointed, because I wasn't expecting much, but I'm certainly NOT impressed, or even enthused for the matter.

Now, where can I find me a M3 CSL and a DA motorsport turbokit
Old 03-06-07, 11:35 PM
Woogie
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When is it coming out?
Old 03-07-07, 06:57 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Beautiful machine BMW does not just make cars & throw vehicles out there. All their vehicles are put through rigourous testing on the ring including their SAV's, to be worthy of the blue and white propeller. The M cars especially, must live up to the tagline "The Ultimate Driving Machine", and nothing less. This new M3 will be quite a roadburner and corner carver..

Quick Reply: M3 Concept at Geneva (Update - Official Specs pg. 8)