Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Car in hip hop video

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-07, 04:50 PM
FrankyJ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car in hip hop video

i saw a car in Bow Wow's - Outta My System video. Not a fan of him or hip hop today, but the car right in the beginning made me watch the whole video to see if i can recognize what kind of car it is. no such luck, but i know we have a lot of experts here.

heres the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd9Idm0t0f8
Old 03-09-07, 05:14 PM
calispyder
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think its a spyker C8
Old 03-09-07, 05:23 PM
fatmike
Lead Lap

You are correct
Old 03-09-07, 05:46 PM
FrankyJ
Lexus Test Driver

i knew i can rely on CL... beautiful car in my opinion, very unique, especially the C12 Zagato
Old 03-10-07, 05:00 AM
Lexwang07

Sick sport car!
Old 03-10-07, 07:10 PM
RiceMaster
Rookie

A recent headline on Foxnews says rap and hip hop sales are down 30%, alot of people are predicting the fall is near for this genre due to their foul lyrics that shows disrespect towards women. Rap has been blamed for an increase in teenage pregnancy and unchristian like behaviors. And for the first time in almost 10yrs, black artist did not dominate the Billboards top ten. A couple of white artist managed to get their foot on the list, for how long, nobody knows.

So what does this mean to Car guys? Probably not much if one is into boring stock cars, happy times for folks who hated this type of music and lifestyle, but very sad for Players and Ricers. If white artist starts dominating the chart due to old bands reuniting, then we'll see an increase in retro cars in music videos. If their domination is due to making "danceable" music that hip clubs across the country wants to play. Then no cool car in music videos.

I saw an episode of MTVs music and cars. It's pretty funny how all the white artist pick retro cars and/or a fullsize truck. All the black artist picks Lambos/Rools/Bently/Ferraris/Mercs/Cadillacs and off course it's all modified. White artist chooses preowned houses and mansions, black artist chooses all new design with tall ceilings and load it with the latest hi-tech luxuries.
Old 03-10-07, 07:33 PM
cjones4640
Driver

Man...........shut up!!!! ^^^

Last edited by cjones4640; 03-10-07 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-10-07, 08:24 PM
J_RoK
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RiceMaster
I saw an episode of MTVs music and cars. It's pretty funny how all the white artist pick retro cars and/or a fullsize truck. All the black artist picks Lambos/Rools/Bently/Ferraris/Mercs/Cadillacs and off course it's all modified. White artist chooses preowned houses and mansions, black artist chooses all new design with tall ceilings and load it with the latest hi-tech luxuries.
Hell im white. and i would choose the Lambos/Rools/Bently/Ferraris/Mercs/Cadillacs and the New design houses.. Its not a matter of race, its a matter of Tastes.. I find your comment rather ignorant. (and i am a metal/rock fan)
Old 03-10-07, 08:56 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

A recent headline on Foxnews says rap and hip hop sales are down 30%, alot of people are predicting the fall is near for this genre due to their foul lyrics that shows disrespect towards women. Rap has been blamed for an increase in teenage pregnancy and unchristian like behaviors. And for the first time in almost 10yrs, black artist did not dominate the Billboards top ten. A couple of white artist managed to get their foot on the list, for how long, nobody knows.

So what does this mean to Car guys? Probably not much if one is into boring stock cars, happy times for folks who hated this type of music and lifestyle, but very sad for Players and Ricers. If white artist starts dominating the chart due to old bands reuniting, then we'll see an increase in retro cars in music videos. If their domination is due to making "danceable" music that hip clubs across the country wants to play. Then no cool car in music videos.

just ****.
Old 03-10-07, 10:06 PM
LOL!
Lead Lap

wow....just wow.
Old 03-11-07, 03:22 AM
FrankyJ
Lexus Test Driver

thank you preacher. i appreciate ur comments, wait....

no i dont, dont tihnk anyone here really cares about that
Old 03-11-07, 08:58 AM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

No surprise you got your source from Fox News. As for your most recent display of ignorance, I think the above posters summed it up quite adequately. FYI all music especially the long top selling "urban music" has been on a decline in sale and its due to bootlegging and illegal downloading. And guess what its still the largest selling genre. I know this as I've worked in the the industry for the last 11 years and have seen the rise and recent decline. And guess who is the biggest consumer of your "profane unchristian like" hip hop music??? ...You just dug a hole for yourself. This is CL, where we have a wide array of ethnic groups, age demographics and social views and personal tastes, Just as any other segment of society. Blatant ignorance and disrespect should not be tolerated.
Old 03-11-07, 09:30 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,434 Likes on 1,596 Posts

RiceMaster - the new Archie Bunker.
Old 03-11-07, 09:32 AM
LOL!
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexLaw
No surprise you got your source from Fox News. As for your most recent display of ignorance, I think the above posters summed it up quite adequately. FYI all music especially the long top selling "urban music" has been on a decline in sale and its due to bootlegging and illegal downloading. And guess what its still the largest selling genre. I know this as I've worked in the the industry for the last 11 years and have seen the rise and recent decline. And guess who is the biggest consumer of your "profane unchristian like" hip hop music??? ...You just dug a hole for yourself. This is CL, where we have a wide array of ethnic groups, age demographics and social views and personal tastes, Just as any other segment of society. Blatant ignorance and disrespect should not be tolerated.
*CLAPS* Excellent post.