Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Man drives SUV through Mall, then gets Beat by Cops

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-07, 06:32 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RiceMaster
I'm just saying it's "possible" the cop might have provoked him. Common sense dictates that someone doesn't just start slappin a cop around without some kind of provocation. We all know cops like to taunt people into doing things they shouldn't be doing or saying, that's what cops are trained to do. However in this case, dude appears drunk or high, so it's "possible" he just feels like slappin a cop.

I just find it pretty funny how most seems to have no problem condoning shooting the guy or cop should do more unnecessary physical damage to him. What this dude did is no worse than all those 900hp Supras/Vipers or whatever drag racing up to 170mph and more on public roads every weekend. Only difference is he's caught. I'm also surprised how he didn't just trash the whole place, he droved too cleanly almost like he was trying to avoid hitting things, then surrenders easily.
Common sense also dictates one doesn't generally drive an SUV though a mall's front door, cruise around inside, then drive out the back door. Obviously this guy isn't playing with a full deck or is high on something. That leads me to believe he would slap anyone that just happened to be in his way.

Who say's we condone all those Supra and Vipers racing on the street? I think you will find most of those that haven't condoned this guys actions also don't condone street racing as well. It might be hard to search all the user names, but if you follow most of my posts you see I have little sympathy or tolerance for drunk high idiots like this.

I know a few cops myself and I have no problem with any of them.
Old 03-14-07, 06:58 PM
RA40
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 474 Likes on 364 Posts

Hard to say what his attitude was/is, certainly the damage could have been much worse had he chosen that course. Too bad they didn't give the audio to the confronting officer here. Then we'd know if he provoked him or the guy just went 51-50.
Old 03-14-07, 07:10 PM
RiceMaster
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't get me wrong, I didn't say y'all condone street racing, I said it's funny how people here encourages doing physical damage to this dude when what he did was no worse than street racing. Slappin a cop shouldn't be justifiable reason to incite shooting the guy, yet suggesting that it's possible the cop might have taunted the guy seems to catch more attention.

Anyway, I also know law enforcement people too. My own cousin is a DNR officer and 2 good friend are Deputy sheriffs. All break the law all the time and is proud of it because they know they got backup. It's "possible" the cops you know are less crooked than the ones I know. I say that because the system is crooked, it's really not all the officers fault.
Old 03-14-07, 07:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

what's wrong with this guy @_@ those security / deputy was being pretty nice...