Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus IS-F or BMW M3? Who will win?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-07, 10:36 AM
JZA80MHU38
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RiceMaster
I think you're missing the point.
I guess so too, and I finally get your point -- BMW is bad, TOYOTA Rules.

I don't think people who assume M3 will be a better choice than the IS-F are saying Lexus is clueless about making a decent sports car. But if they have a choice, they may just cast their vote to BMW because of their existing production models' reputation.

From the statement provided by RiceMaster and some other Toyota Racing followers, Toyota may have participated in more motorsports event from all over the world than BMW (again, doesn't matter win or not). Here's my observation -- looks like BMW has better usage on the knowledge and experience gained from their "limited" racing history and program to engineer their consumer products that provide better driving experience (i.e., road feedback, handling, etc). Is it about better execution or something else?

Where's the cause of the loss of translation between raw data gained from the racing program and produce a better products on Toyota's side? I am not saying Toyota is making bad products. Camry is a great form of transportation. But isn't it nice for Toyota, with their strong SCM and production cycle, to develop a product that can really win over BMW's potential customers at a lower cost (hence lower price)? You may argue again that BMW's handling is not really that great. This is a thread about BMW and Toyota, and if you go to any local track event, you will see more BMW on the field than Toyota/Lexus.

Maybe IS-F will be the first product that can do that, but this is a discussion thread and we are all guesstimate. To be PC, I wish Toyota/Lexus will have success this time with the IS-F. Hope it makes you feel better and I have no intention to insult your beloved Toyota/Lexus brand, and hurting your feeling is the last thing I want to do in my previous messages.
Old 03-17-07, 12:57 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chill out guys, or this will be thread 4,510,203,0203,201 with the words "Lexus" and "BMW" in it to be closed.

I think you'll find that if you see a post that is particularly obnoxious, or unbelievable to you, it usually is to others as well, and as such it is better not to reply, but to let that comment wallow and disappear.
Old 03-17-07, 02:49 PM
LexFather

Dave, our ADMINISTRATOR, asked TWICE to debate the cars, not make sly remarks or personal attacks or fan flames
Your anti-bias toward the German cars and fanboy nature are clearly evident.
Listen, I don't have to convince you of jack shyte

Are exactly how NOT to post and against his wishes.

CLOSED