Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Address of the office of Lexus of North America's PRESIDENT?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-07, 10:17 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Question Address of the office of Lexus of North America's PRESIDENT?

I currently have a problem with Lexus that I would like to have resolved. I went through the customer satisfaction department, and they've been avoiding me for months, until the employee handling my situation left Lexus. Then I was referred to another gentlemen who did in fact call back as promised, however, I was left at the dealer's mercy.

I have the condensation problem on my 2002 GS430, and just ran out of warranty. Therefore, I talked to Lexus corporate, and they wanted to help me at first after seeing the long list of Lexus cars I've owned over the years (I own three right now)... however, they said they will contact the dealer, and get back to me once again. Needless to say, they contacted me back, and said the dealer refused to help me, and cited lack of customer loyalty to the dealer (I have over $3000 worth of bills towards the local dealer) how much money do they want me to spend?.
They also did not see any service history for the GS at the dealer (I recently bought this car from a non-local).

NOW... there is a TSB on these housings, and Lexus admits to the faulty housings, so why should I be at the mercy of the local dealer (which is a long drive from me)? Do I have to spend millions at the local dealer (which I brought many sales... and I’m talking mostly LS430's, and GS4's.) to get the reliability, and customer service that Lexus promises every owner?

I've never asked corporate for anything prior to this (save for an owner’s manual)... and have resulted in SO MANY sales, new, and used, and when I actually do need their help, they turn their back on me, and feed me to the local dealer.

Consequently, if anyone can help me, and provide me with the president’s address, I would be very thankful. I strongly welcome, and appreciate any personal experience with corporate.

Thanks guys.
Old 03-19-07, 10:40 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why would you need the president's address?? personally pay a visit??

Toyota and Lexus Corporate are about 5 minutes away from me...but i see no real good that would do even if i went and visited them...
Old 03-19-07, 11:07 PM
thetopdog
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whoster

Toyota and Lexus Corporate are about 5 minutes away from me...but i see no real good that would do even if i went and visited them...
Haha, I doubt he's going to show up at the president's office! He probably wants to write a letter, although I don't blame you for not thinking along those lines, since letters became obsolete about a decade ago. They still work sometimes in cases like this though
Old 03-19-07, 11:21 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thetopdog
He probably wants to write a letter, although I don't blame you for not thinking along those lines, since letters became obsolete about a decade ago. They still work sometimes in cases like this though

Yes, only if it has the letter head of the counties big shot lawfirm
Old 03-19-07, 11:22 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wish you all the best in getting this issue resolved amicably.

I assume you want to speak/write to Bob Carter, Lexus Group Vice President. He's in charge of Lexus operations in the U.S.

If you cannot contact him, you might also consider contacting local media. I read online of a case where IIRC a Lexus dealer replaced a customer's windshield free of charge, after dispute, when she got the local TV station to investigate the dispute for her.

As a loyal Lexus customer you deserve to be taken care of.
Old 03-20-07, 03:31 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Originally Posted by whoster

No, I plan to write a letter addressing this issue to the person in charge of operations in the United States. I don’t think customers should be treated this way, certainly not loyal Lexus customers. I don’t think he would find it acceptable either.

Originally Posted by thetopdog
Haha, I doubt he's going to show up at the president's office! He probably wants to write a letter, although I don't blame you for not thinking along those lines, since letters became obsolete about a decade ago. They still work sometimes in cases like this though
While you are correct, nevertheless, writing a letter is still the most formal way to address a problem. Companies take letters very seriously. They know not everyone is going to write a letter over a small issue, so they know you are serious, and its documented information, so it’s MUCH harder to give false info, or ignore someone. You know whoever is writing it has to think twice before typing those words because he/she are representing the entire company.

Originally Posted by enigma888
I wish you all the best in getting this issue resolved amicably.

I assume you want to speak/write to Bob Carter, Lexus Group Vice President. He's in charge of Lexus operations in the U.S.

If you cannot contact him, you might also consider contacting local media. I read online of a case where IIRC a Lexus dealer replaced a customer's windshield free of charge, after dispute, when she got the local TV station to investigate the dispute for her.

As a loyal Lexus customer you deserve to be taken care of.
Yes, bob would be the guy. Just dont know how to directly reach his office. I asked customer service, and they gave me their own, which isn’t good enough.

About the media, well, Lexus isnt obligated by law to replace my headlight (although its a safety issue when driving at night with condensatated headlamps) nor do I have any type of formal or documented communication with either the dealer, or Lexus corporate. I’m also out of the warranty period. No luck there.

I know my good friend Hameed wrote a nice letter to have the same issue resolved with Lexus of Canada, and I was hoping to doing the same thing.

I must admit, my faith in Lexus’ customer service, and satisfaction isn’t what I perceived it to be prior to this matter. I know this problem wouldn’t have occurred 10 years ago. Nevertheless, as most companies expand, their focus on customer commitment and satisfaction decreases.
Old 03-20-07, 05:43 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,472 Likes on 1,623 Posts

Just wondering, did your lights suddenly get the condensation after the warranty ran out or has it been occurring since before it ran out? If the latter, why wasn't it resolved then?
Old 03-20-07, 12:19 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Just wondering, did your lights suddenly get the condensation after the warranty ran out or has it been occurring since before it ran out? If the latter, why wasn't it resolved then?
Actually, i purchased the GS right after the warranty ran out... So I'm not sure why the previous owner hasn't done anything about it. I guess it was one of those "who cares, I'm selling it soon anyhow" type cases.

Though, I service my LS430 at the local dealer... which now I'm not going to be very reluctant to do any longer. Just put in brakes in all corners, new tires, balance, some warrenty work, and an alignment

Last edited by GRAND_LS 4; 03-20-07 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-20-07, 12:29 PM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

If you want to send a letter to Bob Carter, the group Vice President and Lexus General Manager... i did some digging and I think this is the address

19001 S. Western Ave.
Torrance, CA 90501

When I google mapped it (satellite) there's a big building which has Toyota written on the roof... so i think that may be it... someone from local area chime in?
Old 03-20-07, 01:38 PM
uplusd
Lexus Test Driver

If you bought the car out of warranty why would they repair it for free? I guess for goodwill considering the fact you've owned previous lexus models, but have you bought any of them brand new? If they bend the rules for one person they would have to do it for everyone.
Old 03-20-07, 03:38 PM
jimxo
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If he owns property in your state and you have his name you can find it.

Most Realtors have access thru the MLS and tax data system and the address can be found with little effort.
Old 03-20-07, 04:11 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrurmil
If you bought the car out of warranty why would they repair it for free? I guess for goodwill considering the fact you've owned previous lexus models, but have you bought any of them brand new? If they bend the rules for one person they would have to do it for everyone.
Wow, that's a tough situation. The condensation was a problem on my previous GS and I ended up replacing the housings twice. But after my last replacement, my SA told me that Lexus was really getting **** in approving the replacements.

Buying a car out of warranty has its risks. Although Lexus is not obligated to provide any after-warranty service, it's not uncommon for them to perform warranty service as a one time "goodwill" gesture.

Are there any other dealers you can visit? It's amazing how the level of customer service varies between dealerships. Good luck.
Old 03-20-07, 04:52 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Originally Posted by mrurmil
See, I’m not asking for a freebie, or asking them to replace a headlight I have broken. However, when Lexus manufactures an inferior headlamp housing, and ADMITS to having problems with it (TSB) why shouldn’t it be fixed? JUST because I’m at 52K, does not MEAN I shouldn’t be thrown out. While they don’t have to legally fix it, doesn’t mean anything. I DON’T have to purchase a Lexus, or service my cars at their dealers, but I do anyhow. If Lexus doesn’t stand behind their cars, especially when this problem is widespread, and caused by the design of the headlight, NOT conditions I subjected it too, why shouldn’t Lexus fix them?
But if their policy is to treat loyal customers that way, I will note that, and consider it when purchasing a car next time. But I wont give up, or spend a grand on new housings and installation until I get a definite answer.

I wouldn’t have a problem if it wasn’t a company that prides itself on customer satisfaction year after year, and product reliability. Maybe you should buy a $25-30K car, not be able to wash your own car due to condensation entering the car, or driving in the rain, and we’ll see how happy you might be.

Do they enjoy having their models driver around the road with water in them? What does that say about the brand? OR is it because I didn’t buy this car new, I’m not deserving of driving a reliable car, without a huge design flaw?

Originally Posted by INHOCJP
Wow, that's a tough situation. The condensation was a problem on my previous GS and I ended up replacing the housings twice. But after my last replacement, my SA told me that Lexus was really getting **** in approving the replacements.

Buying a car out of warranty has its risks. Although Lexus is not obligated to provide any after-warranty service, it's not uncommon for them to perform warranty service as a one time "goodwill" gesture.

Are there any other dealers you can visit? It's amazing how the level of customer service varies between dealerships. Good luck.
We'll im guessing if my own local dealer, which I've serviced my cars at many times refused...I dont think any others will help, considering I've never used them. I only have two in the area, and the second one is owned by the same company, and about an hour away... I've never even been there before.

TSB attached for those interested in reading it... My car is fact within the VIN range provided.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
headlight mosture GS430.pdf (71.1 KB, 265 views)

Last edited by GRAND_LS 4; 03-20-07 at 05:02 PM.