Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti EX Concept (EX35) @ NYIAS (Update - Interior Pics )

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-07, 12:02 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks even worse in real-life photos, IMO the headlights look too elongated, and I really don't like that wavy character line. It doesn't fit Infiniti's styling.
Old 04-05-07, 12:06 PM
Dynasty SC
Lead Lap

i think i t looks awesome except for the back. and the real life shot in white isnt that attractive, but it might look better in silver i think. im liking the interior.
Old 04-05-07, 12:40 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
It looks even worse in real-life photos, IMO the headlights look too elongated, and I really don't like that wavy character line. It doesn't fit Infiniti's styling.

Couldn't disagree more.
Old 04-07-07, 07:28 PM
zazag
Driver School Candidate

Infiniti EX will have 290+ HP according to infiniti.com. That means the new FX will be way over 300HP.
Old 04-08-07, 05:36 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Old 04-08-07, 06:09 PM
shyguy16
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by speedflex
Couldn't disagree more.
anyway, what's the point of lighted headrests?

Last edited by LexFather; 04-09-07 at 09:57 AM. Reason: KNOCK OFF THE PERSONAL ATTACKS
Old 04-08-07, 06:56 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by shyguy16
it's ok
anyway, what's the point of lighted headrests?
It *is* a concept, after all. That explains the lighted headrests, and the pretty interior which won't see production .

Last edited by LexFather; 04-09-07 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-08-07, 09:50 PM
DrUnBiased
Pole Position

Ohhhh looks good! Now that I see these real-life interior shots, aside for the white leather, this interior is 95% production ready. Even the switchgear they are using for the "concept" car is currently being used on other Infiniti models. A black-leather interior on this car would look amazing! I love how everything about this car still has a strong presence of luxury. Just because a car is small, doesn't mean it has to look cheap (ala X3 and RDX). Can't wait to see this thing in person in a few months, especially to check-out the birds-eye-view technology! Only questionable thing I have for the car is the back-seat. Since the front seats are pushed all the way back, I can't judge legroom properly.

Zazag, next FX45 to be replaced with FX50 is said to have 390hp!! FX35 (maybe FX37?) clearly will have 300+hp because this EX is already expected to have 300hp, maybe even 306 if it gets the G35 sedan engine in there.
Old 04-08-07, 10:58 PM
DrUnBiased
Pole Position

Thing with the Fuga is, that concept was shown over two years before the actual Fuga/M was released. The EX is scheduled to go on sale within MONTHS, not years. It's one thing to change an interior from concept to production because it is not practical for the most part. However, except for the color and LCD roof, the interior of this car is 100% practical. This interior was pieced together from the G35 parts-bin for goodness sakes! There is nothing 'concept' or impractical about it. Why would they change it to something more ugly and costly by developing a new interior aside from this VERY practical one that is shown on the concept?

Okay... Raise your hand if you REALLY just don't want this interior to go into production because it actually is nice and your afraid Infiniti might have another sales success on its hands here?
Old 04-09-07, 03:31 AM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default You are dead on target

Originally Posted by Stage3
Does anyone else see a duplicate rear end of the Subaru Tribeca???

What on Earth made them think that looks good?? Yeesh! I guess they had the same Kool-Aid that the designers at Subaru did when the desinged the Tribeca.
I have got the same first impression as yours... Not the front, side, but the "different" tail light caught my eyes. I don't like it. I guess Subaru didn't like it neither so they are going to change it in 2008:
Infiniti EX Concept (EX35) @ NYIAS (Update - Interior Pics )-untitled.jpg
Old 04-09-07, 09:54 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

From another forum, for what it's worth :
Originally Posted by da99
The reps at the show informed me this interior was close to what we'd see in the production model, but not exact. Anyone who felt this interior looked very much like the G's is spot on as I was told the production versions interior will be much like the G interior. The instruments/gauges and dash trim will be similar to the G. The steering wheel will also be more rounded and have paddle shifters for the transmission just like in G. The "parking thing" AVM system will be incorporated into the touch screen nav system, which is the upper screen you see on top just like in the G. That lower screen will not appear in production as that is the controls for the roof, which won't make production. Don't look for the headrest lights on the production model either, they are show car only. The white interior color was also show car only and the production model will have more traditional colors. Off the record the rep said that basically the EX is gonna be the SUV version of the G, while FX will become the SUV version of the M upon its redesign.
Old 04-09-07, 11:10 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Makes sense. Right now, the concept interior looks much nicer than the G interior. The production interior likely will be very close to the G.
Old 04-12-07, 10:06 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Stage3
Does anyone else see a duplicate rear end of the Subaru Tribeca???

What on Earth made them think that looks good?? Yeesh! I guess they had the same Kool-Aid that the designers at Subaru did when the desinged the Tribeca.
KOOL-AID get your fresh KOOL-AID! Where's the Kool-Aid kid when you need him.
Old 04-12-07, 10:32 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ugly!!!!!!!!
I like the current Fx series better..
lets see..
Front: M series grille, G35 headlights
Rear: B-9 Tribeca ugly tails...and the whole SUV looks fatter.